RVPR Reviewer Guidelines
Campground Reviews is a member driven comprehensive review and information site specifically for those who love to camp. Campground reviews submitted by real campers enable the RVing community to plan wonderful trips and find accommodations that meet their every desire. We thank you for your contributions to the RVing community.
We accept reviews of first-hand experiences by real campers. In other words, if you submit a review you warrant that you camped at the facility, are reporting only factual information and do not have a business interest in the property.
- Reviews should be factual and contain only content that pertains to the property being reviewed. References to nearby attractions are welcome but should not be the focus of your review.
- Reviews should be recent and may be submitted for park stays not older than one year and only one review may be submitted for a property during a 90 day period.
- Reviews may not contain personal information names, (either yours or others), commercial content, links, references to other campgrounds, phone numbers or e-mail addresses. No Spam!
- Reviews should be well-formatted with care taken to check spelling, accuracy and readability. Remember, others want to learn from your review; please keep abbreviations, acronyms, slang and texting shortcuts to a minimum.
- Reviews should contain detailed information about your stay and specifics about the Park that would be useful for others considering a visit.
- Example reviews with useful information:
- Our site was clean and spacious. The park was very quiet and our kids enjoyed the shaded play area. Park staff was very helpful.
- Our site was shorter than noted on park map and we barely fit. Manager was unwilling to move us to a longer site. Park is located near fire station and sirens went off several times during the night.
- Example reviews with very little information (these may be deferred for revision):
- Great weather, we had fun!
- Avoid this park like the plague! I had a terrible time.
- New Property Listings: Special care is needed when submitting a review for a new listing. We count on you for accurate information. Please double check the complete park name and spelling, phone number and URL for that park.
- Be Nice. This site is used by families. Profanity, sexually explicit remarks, insults, extreme anger, extraneous and/or offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin are not acceptable.
- Do not post libelous remarks or misleading information. Refrain from posting editorial comments, political or religious content or disparaging remarks about other reviewers.
- Copyrights Concerns: Original material only please. Do not copy and paste information from other sources into your review.
- English please. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have your input and are happy to provide editing help if needed.
- Review Approval Process: Submitted reviews are posted after being checked over and so your review may take a few days to appear publicly. If the review requires substantial modification to meet site posting standards, it will be sent it back to you with an explanation of what changes are recommended and an opportunity to resubmit the review. New reviews are never rejected without an explanation to the reviewer and may be resubmitted upon revision.
- Property owners, their representatives and employees (past and present) may not post reviews of their own property or of a competitor's property. Please see this campground owners page for more information about managing your listing.
Disputes and negative reviews: Negative reviews can be published so long as they conform to our posting rules and contain factual information about a property. However, our site is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about commercial entities. Do not attempt a smear campaign to damage the reputation of a brand, park or individual, or by inciting others to do the same. Please settle your differences with property owners or managers through other means but not through our community.
Photo Submissions: Reviewers may add images to reviews that depict the property or relevant camping experience. By uploading images, you are granting RVPR non-exclusive right to use, copy, repurpose and display those photos. Photos should be relevant to the campground and reflect typical camper experience (what the facility looks like, what sites are like, property amenities, nearby scenic views, etc). Only non-commercial content (no advertising) is allowed.
- Images must be relevant to the review and may not contain commercial content.
- Photos must be appropriate for all ages. Do not upload images that are vulgar, obscene, offensive, insulting or objectionable in any way. Images containing identifiable faces, especially those of children, or readable license plates may not be submitted.
- Images must be original and taken by the reviewer.
- Duplicate images are not allowed.
- We accept photos in the following formats: jpeg and png. Photos larger than 5 mb are not accepted.
- Park Owners and operators may only load images via the owner listing interface.
- RVPR may remove blurry, dark or difficult to view images as well as any that reflect a unique personal experience (like your happy family in front of their camper, personally identifying content or the cutie on the beach).
- RVPR may remove photos at any time and for any reason.
Questions & Answers:
The Questions & Answers feature allows members to quickly get specific information about a campground from past reviewers, campground owners and other RVPR members. Questions and answers are publicly viewable and may be removed by RVPR at any time and for any reason. Links, contact information, solicitations and advertising are not allowed. Questions and Answers are expected to follow all site guidelines regarding appropriate content and are not intended for reservations or customer service concerns.
Questions should be directly relevant to the campground, features and nearby attractions. Please contact the campground directly with availability, rate and reservation questions.
Answers should directly answer the original question, be objective and contain relevant information. They may not include links, advertising, solicitations or recommendations for other campgrounds. If you are affiliated with a campground you must disclose that affiliation when responding to a question.