8.6 Excellent

Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve

Atmore, Alabama

24 Big Creek Rd
Atmore, Alabama 36502

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Casino Casino yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $25.00

The campground is owned by the Poarch Creek Indians. The place is beautiful. Many, many acres of wooded area, a lake, a river for tubing, zip lining, canoeing, and bicycling. It is a great place for families. The season hadn't started yet so it was very quiet. It was so quiet that we had trouble going to sleep. Our site was a level dirt spot, with electric and water, no dump, WiFi, or cable; we could get OTA channels. The roads were very easy to negotiate and there were washers and dryers, 75 cents each. Alcohol and firearms are not allowed. It's a beautiful place and would be great for family reunions or groups. They allow fishing; I don't fish so I know nothing about it. I would give the campground a 10 for beauty and serenity. Since there is not a sewer at the site I gave it the 8. We would stay again. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $25.00

Camped here 2 nights to attend events in Mobile, AL about 1 hour further south. Very clean area. Sites are hard packed gravel and was level. Campground is about 9 miles from interstate. Staff was great to deal with. A gate code is required to enter. Several fishing lakes around and during season they rent kayaks and tubes to float on the river. We will stay here again. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Casino is probably 8/10 miles away.

ljr

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $15.00

This a regular snowbird stop for me. One of my favorite places. They're replacing the old doublewide office with a true show place built from local lumber. Rumor has it other improvements are in the works. A new bathhouse/laundry was mentioned but I didn't hear a time table. The horse stalls lost their roof in a storm so they will be getting an upgraded too. This place is downright serene this time of year. I understand it's full of families and kids during the summer when all the water activities are available. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Sand

If you are into such things the tribal casino is only a few miles away. Actually, its way more than just a casino. Several restaurants, bowling, kids game room, health club and more. Pensacola Naval Air Station is not far. They train right overhead. Free air show daily.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $25.00

The main road through park is paved and width for one vehicle. If you encounter another vehicle, one needs to pull off slightly to pass. The grounds are well packed for passing.

Sites clean and enjoyed our stay. We had our grandson and luckily while making reservations the lady mentioned to download form for his parents to sign if he planned to use the zip line. Staff was very helpful checking in.

Will definitely be back. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $10.00

Enjoyed tubing down the creek and canoeing in the lake. Lots of places to ride bikes. Stayed at a site right next to a lake. Amazing sunsets. Really nice people. Very family friendly park. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Tent.

Primitive by Lake

Casino just down the road!

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $30.00

The actual process of check in was just fine of check in; however, there's no sign on the trailer office out front to indicate that's where you check in. It wouldn't be confusing except there's an older trailer right next to it that isn't the office. There's no decent pull off for those with larger RVs/trailers, so you pretty much park on the street. The staff inside was very affable, but seemed young and inexperienced. I had to ask for a map so I would know where our site was. There was no handout with the activity information listed, which would've been great to have on paper to keep in the RV. We had paid, checked in, and were on our way to our site within a few minutes, which was wonderful considering it was raining. My biggest issue with this park is there is no signage! There are no signs to tell you which roads to use, which ways to go, where the RV spots are, where the swimming is, etc. Once you get unhitched and can drive around and figure out where you are, it's fine. Towing a large RV and not knowing where to go isn't ideal.

49 full RV sites and 10 pull throughs. 82 RV sites with water and electric. 82 tent sites with water and electric, and unlimited primitive campsites for tents. There's a lot of spots that are in the sun, so I'd recommend checking Google maps and compare it to their maps. We had a nice pull-through that had some great shade.

WiFi was non existent as to be expected when you're out in a wildlife refuge. The staff was always very helpful and welcoming. The whole thing seemed somewhat unorganized, but that's certainly better than having rude staff! My absolute biggest complaint about the staff is that they do Not adhere to the posted 15mph speed limit. They fly through the park even when kids were out playing, even after other campers had yelled at the staff to slow down. They had a playground of swings for the kids who weren't swimming, , etc.It was very family & pet friendly. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Travel Trailer.

Zip lines($5/day),Canoe &Kayak rentals($5-7/hr),Tubing ($5/2hr),swimming,bike rentals,walking trails, volleyball,horse trails &stalls,swings, & water blob. Local Walmart was about 20 minutes away.

ljr

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $14.00

This place is well off the beaten path and not well known outside of the area though it is only 9 miles from I-65. With a few exceptions the sites are huge, level and wooded. They have tent, water/electric and water/electric/sewer sites and laundry facilities. There is an area for horse campers with stalls and miles of trails. There is also a large creek and a lake. During the summer there is swimming, tubing and zip lining in and over the creek. I got a useable Verizon signal (voice and 4G). A satellite dish will work on many, but not all, sites. The price I gave is based on the monthly, off-season rate. You can find the full rate schedule on the web site. If you are looking for shuffleboard and bingo this is not your place. If you want hiking, fishing and a general escape to nature you couldn't do better. This is only the second place I have ever rated a 10. I wasn't sure of the first one. I am this time. The facility is operated by the Poarch Band of the Creek Indian Nation. These natives are very friendly and great hosts. I will be back for a month or more every winter for the foreseeable future. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Fifth Wheel.

Shopping is about 12 miles away in Atmore. There is a small Walmart, a couple of nice supermarkets, a great hardware store and several restaurants.

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $21.00

Us Midwesterners wanted to go somewhere warm for the Christmas week. We used this website to search for campgrounds. Our only requirements were sewer, river access, a roomy site and located in a warmer, winter climate. We searched from the Louisiana coastline to South Carolina for a campground that sounded like the best place to go. After days of research, earth/campsite maps and reading reviews, this sounded like the best place to go! This is an Indian Reservation and wildlife preserve owned by The Poarch Band of Creek Indians. My email request for reservations was answered quickly and just as previous reviews, we got a total steal for the week @ $150.00 for W/E/S ($21.42 per day for a week). Google Maps brought us directly to the address with no issues. As we arrived later in the day on a Saturday, our parking passes were at the gate. We were placed on site 28, but were told we could take whichever site we’d like. 28 was AWESOME! It’s an asphalt type pad - one board off level to the left. Anyone that complains about un-level sites is a baby, IMO. The site is very spacious and overlooks a small lake to the rear. Part of the lake is the ‘swimming-hole’, which looks like fun for the kiddies. There are some sites with large sites and others that are somewhat grouped. There was no one else here. A few ‘permanent’ looking sites, but that was it. There is no Wifi, but I got fairly good roaming signal with Sprint. I could email & internet, but too slow for a stream. There are a few T.V. stations available. Water quality and pressure was fine. Horse stalls looked nice. The restrooms/showers were large and clean. There was a soda machine and laundry for $1.25. The Big Escambia Creek winds through the reservation. It was too cold to tube, but it SURE looks like a nice ride. We were going to canoe, but the day after we arrived, it rained so much the creek rose about 7 feet! It would have been white water rafting!! Stargazing was awesome; saw Venus and the Milky Way. Be sure Google Sky is loaded before coming. We walked every trail available to us, but the ‘good’ trails were across the creek, which we couldn’t cross because of the height of the water, not the park’s fault. However, the other trails were nice also. We have two dogs that thoroughly enjoyed the over 5 hours of walking / sniffing time. We did go to the casino, as the weather was bad. It was fun for us non-gamblers... Won $30! Nice, friendly people and you could drink for free if you were playing, SWEET!! The town of Atmore is about ½ hour away. Sadly, the economy has hit them hard and there’s not a whole lot to do there. Rowland Tires repaired our flat trailer tire for $10! We would surely come back to this location. To see photos of this location, please visit: http://midwesternplants.org/2013/12/25/christmas-at-magnolia-branch-campground-atmore-alabama/ We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $11.00

This review is from the winter. During the summer I'm sure this park has an entirely different feel. If your considering this campground for the winter be sure to call and speak to them about price as they were very generous with me and want you to experience the park so you can tell others. You should also know that the GPS street address is not accurate, keep an eye out for their signs and follow them or ask for the coordinates. Found the park secluded, quiet and with so much space to explore, 6000 plus acres. The Poarch Creek Indians are reclaiming the gravel mining area that preceded this campground and construction is still in progress. I felt great knowing that my money was being used for conservation and the construction is not a problem and located away from the current camp sites. The vision for this property is still in process and its a grand one. They already have an educational program in the summer and a box turtle habitat. I am a nature nut so this is all important to me. I loved hearing the coyotes howl at night and the owls sign me to bed and being bathed in unobstructed moonlight and stars. To what most of you are interested in.The sites are large, gravel and level with trees on most. They vary from private to appropriate for camping together and have a horse camp section. The bathrooms are not extravagant but serve the purpose and the showers were hot. Laundry was fine. The river that this campground is on is beautiful and there is a beach with swimming, jump platform, volleyball, and cabanas. Tubing, canoe and kayak rentals are available. There is a stable and trails are in great abundance. This is a big place and I spoke with riders who had gotten lost but the GM of the park is awesome and saw they hadn't come back and went and rescued them. There are also ponds everywhere and fishing is allowed. If you are looking for a family park in the summer this is an awesome place. They also have pavilions for rent near the beach. If you are looking for peace and quiet in the off season you can find it here. Its only 10 minutes to the Casino, which I was surprised I liked. Staff is very friendly and the design is something to see. They allow smoking but he air system is so good you don't notice it. The buffet was good and you drink free if your playing. Atmore itself doesn't have a lot to offer so come for the nature and then when your natured out go drop some change at the casino and get a free Tshirt for signing up for the players club. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $25.00

Maagnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve includes 5,000 acres of scenic forest and 50 lakes, cared for by the Poarch Band of Creek Indians. The campground stretches for about 2.5 miles along the banks of pristine Big Escambia Creek, with sites very nicely located among a pine forest, the little lakes, and the stream. This area was once heavily quarried for gravel and,the lakes are the remains of the barrow pits. It is popular for tubing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing and swimming. The bath-house was large and clean and it has laundry facilities. It is in a fairly remote area but only a few miles from I-65. We were there during the week to use their canoe launch areas and it was very quiet. Don't know if it is noisy on weekends. They do have horse stalls also and we saw some equestrienne campers. Full service sites $30 per day. It is located at 24 Big Creek Road, Atmore, AL 36502. We camped at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve

Are you affiliated with Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve ?