6.2 Average

Chickasabogue Park

Eight Mile, Alabama

760 Aldock Rd
Eight Mile, Alabama 36613

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Chickasabogue Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $10.00

There is a $40 deposit when you arrive. Make sure you remember to get it back when you leave. No map given to help you find your site or to see what is available/trail system, etc. Narrow roads, some tree branches seem to be a bit too long. Got some branches stuck on my rig entering the site. This park has lots of trees and I wasn't able to get satellite tv. Park must be kind of out of the way because my Verizon jetpack was virtually useless. Some road noise from I-65 when outside, but didn't hear it inside the RV. Utilities worked fine though the sewer connection is not threaded. If you have a big rig, MAKE SURE you are EXTRA careful when you leave the park. The exit gate is NARROW and if you turn too much your rig might hit the gate building's roof overhang or one of the concrete poles. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass

Covered Forested
Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

J Rodgers BBQ in Saraland has a FANTASTIC lunch buffet. The food was REALLY good. Cost is about $15 a person, but well worth it, IMO. You can also order off the menu. It is about a 10 min drive from the park.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $10.00

This place was a pleasant surprise. nice long pull through, 50 amps, great water. Staff was excellent. Close to town. If you are in the area you couldn't find a better place to stay. only downside no wi-fi. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $10.00

We were traveling from Virginia to Texas. Most of our overnights were boondocking (Walmart, Home Depot), but we needed to dump and get water, and found this park that had a Passport America rate for less than $10. It was not too far to drive off the interstate (it is physically very near the interstate). The pull-thru site was a horseshoe shape, and when we first realized that, we figured that we would need to disconnect our toad, but, the site was long enough and wide enough that we were able to pull in, and connect up without needing to back up. We have a 43' motorhome with a Jeep toad - we don't have slides, so did not need to maneuver to position them. We were only there overnight, but I was able to get a couple of loads of laundry done, dump the tanks, and fill with fresh water. We did not take advantage of any facilities in the park. Note that trees on the roads coming into the park (and leaving - we went a different way) were low in places - not heavy branches, but the leaves and lightweight branches were rubbing the solar panels at 13' on our roof. In most cases we could drive on the on-coming traffic side of the road to avoid the tree branches. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $20.00

We arrived late and could barely understand the speech of the park kiosk attendant and the instructions on how to find our site (he was out of maps) so we got on the wrong road and had an ordeal turning our 43' bus around. Went back to the kiosk and no one was there. Some helpful campers gave us directions to find the campground and then we were shocked to see how narrow the pull-through actually was. We made it by backing in and managed to get hooked up. Since it was only overnight, we did not see anything more of the campground or the surrounding area except for some questionable characters around us. Wish we had stayed in the Walmart parking lot. I would not recommend this to anyone except as a last resort. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Chickasabogue Park

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $20.00

Of all the parks we stayed at on our 5 month trip through the south this is one of only two where I would probably not return.

The park was a typical county run park. a little run down and need of a little clean up but overall not bad.

Unfortunately it is in a really run down part of town. Venturing to and from after dark seemed like a really bad idea. The roads in and out were not in very good shape. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Stayed here to see the USS Alabama and other historical sites in the area.

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $22.00

Stayed here for one night only. Was good for the price. Very woody, sites not real close to others. Getting to the park was kind of through a residential area, but not too bad. Going out was through a more iffy part of town so I was glad it was morning and not midnight. Would probably stay again if needed overnight. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $10.00

Interesting park. A bit out of the way, with too many run down, almost scary, “permanent” residents. Maintenance is definitely an issue. Restrooms are like a typical state park; however, they need a good thorough cleaning. No internet, no cable; television is via antenna or satellite. No problems with cell phone service. Sites are large, somewhat level with concrete patio, fire ring, and table. Rate was Passport America. There is a major Frisbee golf course at the entrance, with user's cars parked alongside the road way. The picnic / fishing area was under construction and closed during our visit. Stayed as an overnight stop, and would do so again only if necessary. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $9.00

Nice place and friendly staff. The site we were assigned was too small for our rig, even though we informed them about size when we reserved. A security guard was at our site and told us we would not fit in it, so he put us in the one next to it that was plenty big. Quiet, and lots of privacy. Appears to be several homesteaders, but still a nice place. For the money (PA rate) it is a really good deal. We would stay again if in the area. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $10.00

This is a county run park that we found through Enjoy America. It is not in a very nice area of Mobile. Do not follow GPS directions which will take you through bad neighborhood streets. During the weekend days, the park is very busy with the locals. It took forever to check in. The disc golf course was nice and well used. We stayed in the campground area as I was not comfortable using the public areas. The bathrooms were so dirty my husband wouldn't even use them. I would probably not stay here again. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $16.00

This is a pretty park outside Mobile, set back in the woods near the Chickasaw River. It looks a bit worn, but fairly well cared for. There is a large ball field and a picnic area available. The campsites are rather smallish, at least the pull-through sites are. But they face into the deep woods, so there is a lot of privacy. I would have never found this place on my own. My mother has been here many times and recommended it to us. The only thing about the park that kind of made me raise an eyebrow was the road going in. You have to drive through some neighborhoods to get there--lots of high grass, broken screens, and rusty cars to be seen. My daughter asked if we were lost! We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Travel Trailer.

WPB

Date of Stay: September, 2003 - $18.00

I learned about this CG through a co-worker. The first time I used this CG I was running away from Hurricane Lilli as it prepared to slam into Louisiana back in 2002. The CG is owned and operated by the city of Mobile. It is set up like a state park. The staff was exceptionally courteous and pleasant. When I arrived, there were only 4 other campers. By midnight it had filled up with others fleeing Hurricane Lilli. The sites were earth and easy to access. The roads appeared somewhat narrow but I had no problems with the 28 foot 5'er. There is a lot to do here but the park is renowned as a mountain bike haven. The state championships are held here. I'm not into this sport so I can't say any more on the subject. My friend told me that during events this place is packed. At night it was very quiet but if listened very carefully you could hear the trucks on I-65. The roads leading to the park seem to go on forever because from I-65 northbound you have to go past the park then double back to get there. It is near the University of Mobile. We camped at Chickasabogue Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Chickasabogue Park

Are you affiliated with Chickasabogue Park ?