Birmingham South Campground

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Birmingham South Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $43.00

Site we were on was not possible to become level. We had ants all over including running up our water hose. Speed bumps in/out will clean out your cabinets! Very extreme! Management is difficult to work with. We would never stay here again. There is a reason KOA sold this dump. It needs a lot of work to make it acceptable. We are full time & stay in many RV parks. This one rates very low on our list! Not worth $43 for sure! Go down the road...other very nice looking parks for less money. It seems most sites are not level. We had to unhook our tow in order to get anywhere near level. Best advice: find another RV park! Not worth the freight! We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $43.00

The RV park we planned stay at was filled by the time we called ahead (before noon). We therefore used an old Woodall's directory to choose this one while en route. We did not have an opportunity to read RV Park Reviews ahead of time and agree with the generally low reviews this park received. Sites varied from smaller shaded back-ins to longer shaded or unshaded pull -throughs that could accommodate larger RVs. The noise from I-65 diminished at night. But train horns could be clearly heard at night about every 90 minutes. The WiFi was very weak and mostly useless. Our site was grass/weeds/dirt, but level and long enough to not have to unhook our toad. The site included an old concrete patio with a picnic table. The nightly rate for a 50 amp pull-through with a Good Sam discount was overpriced. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $41.00

This is a rough campground if you are in a big rig, the overnight sites are on the side of a hill, Roads are in need of help. I had my coach so twisted to get level that I was afraid to put out the slides. It is almost full tonight with overnighters, would have been better off at walmart down the road. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $442.00

Roads have deteriorated over the years and are rough, sites are very poorly maintained. This is our 7th stop here since 2005. They now do Not have cable TV even though it is still advertised, but there are signs in the office. Overnight only!! We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Patio

There is a very good Italian restaurant nearby called Joe's ask at the office for directions

Featured Campgrounds Near Birmingham South Campground

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $42.00

Will never stop here again. Broken concrete and railroad ties will greet you at your site. You have to be careful driving into a site. Roads are in need of major repair. Pot holes, etc. Did not have enough room to put out the big slide. 50 amp worked fine. Staff was friendly. If you do stop make sure you tell them that you don't want to be under trees and would like a pull-through, and good luck. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $44.00

It's a site that's convenient to Birmingham. Overall a pretty good site, but the detractors included poor asphalt and non-level sites. Drainage is poor; there had been significant rain and quite a few sites were flooded (we were assigned a site high up enough to not be affected). Cable was very poor quality; antenna reception was marginal due to nearby hills. Noisy due to a nearby train and many workers departing in trucks to work early in the morning. Not a bad campsite, but the amenities do not support the price. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $44.00

I wish I had read the reviews before staying here. They charged $3 extra for 50 amp, which is fine, however $1 extra for sewer is out of line. Pull-through site was good and level. The train noise is awful. I agree with previous reviews, The cable is pathetic, we did not try the Wi-Fi. We will not stay here again. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $40.00

I thankfully was only passing through and stayed here just one night. Bad cable TV signal with few channels. Wi-Fi was way slower than most campgrounds I’ve stayed at. Have Good Sam discount and I agree with others that $40 for this place is way too high. They have eight unisex showers which can be nice. However, they appear to keep half of them locked to (I assume) save work by not having to clean all eight. If you are going to do that, then you need to at least spot clean the four you leave open more often. Because of that fact, in my opinion the showers were disgusting. Bathrooms were okay overall, but one of the two hand dryers in the men’s bathroom is not working and the other one barely produces any power to actually dry your hands. There were quite a few wood ashes left at my site from a previous camper. The showers did have really good hot water and high pressure, the location is a plus, the store had a good selection, and the people I dealt with were friendly. Need to fix the cable TV and Wi-Fi and tighten up a few things and they’d have a solid campground. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $40.00

We only stayed one night, thank goodness. This is an old KOA and hasn't been a KOA for 9 years. Sites are gravel. This should have told us something. KOA uses a park until it is worn out. The only good things about this park is the water pressure, voltage, and proximity to I-65. Site was not level, tree branches brushing the side of the trailer but I cut them off. Cable is barely watchable. Wi-Fi is as slow or slower than dial up. We had a pull through site and it is good we didn't want to unhook since it would not have been long enough if we had. Another thing, $40 with Good Sam discount is a ridiculous price for what is here. We will not stay here again. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $45.00

The check in people were polite but not overly friendly; and they were very quick to add extra charges for water, for sewer, for 50 amp, for tax etc. My discounted price of $28 soon rose to nearly $45 for an overnight stay with all these extra charges. The campground itself is nice, but the management runs a clip-joint for snowbirds. I won't stop here again. Get me once, shame on you; but get me twice, shame on me. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $30.00

Very old park needing upgrades on the sites and the roads. It is not a pretty park. Laundry worked well. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2009 - $36.00

First and foremost, the sites are grossly overpriced! It was impossible to level my RV in the first site they assigned me. The next site (a pull through) was not long enough. My toad was half on next site and front of my RV was in the roadway. The sites are also too close to one another. In my opinion, these sites should be no more than $18 - $20!! I will not stay here again. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2006 - $39.00

The price was not worth the stay. Nothing there to warrant the cost of one night stay. $2 extra for A/C, wrong. No quiet time apparently. One group was making loud and making noise until after 1:30am. They set off their car alarm and allowed it to blare for minutes. Sites are so so, crowded. I would not stay here again. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Birmingham South Campground

Are you affiliated with Birmingham South Campground ?