Birmingham South Campground

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Birmingham South Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $44.00

Lot's of permanent residents, some in FEMA trailers. Those sites are not well kept. Sites are long but narrow and not in good shape. Full hook up rate of $44.00 way too much for this park. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $39.00

Office lady was very nice and helpful. Grass needed cutting. It had rained nite before we arrived, but grass still long. Back of park and right side were long term campers and it is very messy. I would stay there again. Store is well stocked and park is very near stores. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $35.00

We stayed here because Good Sam rated them 9+. How wrong was this. I don't understand how Good Sam could have rated this more than a 2. Massive potholes, unlevel lots, what pavement was there was all broken up. Not compatible for a big rig as I had to pull up & back up several times to get out. Tree limbs hanging low & excessive noises, a train every hour with large acorns falling all during the night making it impossible to rest. The cable channels were very fuzzy, couldn't pick a clear channel to watch. I will finish with a positive note, the water pressure was great. We will not return! We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $40.00

Old KOA now privately operated. Very run down and in generally poor condition. Roads are asphalt but full of potholes. Sites are uneven, and some sites make leveling difficult. Turns are tight and the sites need repaving and leveling. We chose a site that was fairly level, and thankfully our auto-leveling was able to do the job after much adjusting. Our mud flap was dragging and our corners were all at very different heights. We watched a couple of other large coaches towing toads have to make a couple of 360 degree round trips to find a spot at their site where they could level. Lots of workers and others living in this park. Restrooms and showers were only adequate. Train noise at night. Close to Home Depot. Biggest problem is ants, ants, and more ants. it's been weeks since we stayed there and we're still trying to get rid of them. We stayed 3 nights in a 45' Quad Slide coach & towing. That was 2 nights too many. I tried all the usual tricks to discourage the ants. No luck. When I told the front office their response was: "Yeah, we have a big ant problem, you can buy some Raid on the store shelf for $6." That should tell you all you need to know. This is not a comfortable big rig park, and we will never use it again. My opinion; if you have no other choice it's a one night stand. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Birmingham South Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $42.00

The park is old and somewhat rundown. The site (51) was too short for my unit and dingy. The front of the pad sloped considerable. A tree prevented me for getting satellite service. From the site, about 150 ft from the office I was unable to get internet service. For this rate, $47.00 with tax, there are places which provide more value for the money. They even charged a premium for 50 amp service. It won't be hard to bypass this park the next time we are in the area. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2007 - $15.00

I really like the campground a lot: it was extremely clean and quiet; it has all the amenities that I needed; and it is close to the freeway. There is one main problem with this site - there is a train station near by. Normally, listening to train going by is NOT a big problem. In this case, trains like to horn about 5-7 seconds strait when they are about to take off. This happens once or twice a night. I originally signed up with the site as a long term guest(30 days - maybe 2/3 months longer) because I was between jobs and starting in a new city. After the first night of no sleep due to the trains, I discussd the train noise problem with the site manager and wanted to cancel my long term stay (I was very willing to pay the highest fee for the one night stay). Needless to say, the manager flatly refused and indicated that they only allow customer change of mind upto the 1st hour. How the heck am I going to know there are a train near by? She also indicated that it is an inconvenience for her to do so(accumulate other charges from the credit company). Because I am between jobs, I don't have the liberty of dropping everything and moving on. More importantly, $520 is a lot of money for me to overcome. Hence, I bought $3 ear plugs to deal with my issues with the campsite. As soon I have made enough money, I am leaving this train central. Until then there will be a lot of sleepless nights for me. As for this campsite, it is obvious the site manager doesn't care about customer service, it is a matter of greed and convenience to them. Hence, if you don't like noisy sites and don't like being disturbed in the middle of night, don't come here. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2005 - $31.00

Reserved a specific site and upon arrival was told the occupant of the site had extended. I reserved this particular site because it would accommodate a big rig and there were no obstacles to be concerned about. I was assigned another site that had many low hanging tree branches. Unfortunately the coach came in contact with many of these branches scratching the painted surface. This was a costly stay and could have been avoided had the reservation been honored. We camped at Birmingham South Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Birmingham South Campground

Are you affiliated with Birmingham South Campground ?