6.2 Average

Benson I-10 RV Park

Benson, Arizona

840 N Ocotillo Rd
Benson, Arizona 85602

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Boondocking Boondocking ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Playground Playground no
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Benson I-10 RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $20.00

Just an overnight stop. Site was set up such that we almost had rear wheels off the ground. Had to put boards underneath tire. Should not be so out of level in the desert! We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Motorhome.

Walked over to Denny's for a 10% discount with coupon from the park. Also used their shower facilities - very, very nice and clean.

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $35.00

This is a good campground - excellent for an overnight stay. The parking area is level and gravel. The sites were long enough for our 40 ft with tow. The 50 amp full-hookups were in full working order. The host led us to our site. Hookups convenient for access. They had no trees so were satellite friendly. We are retired and travel around country year round. Most times, we just need a safe pull-thru site for the night with full hookups, satellite access for direct tv, and close to the interstate or highway. This campground met all these requirements and was very close to I-10. There is also a Dennys across the street. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $25.00

We are staying here a week to check out the area. This park is clean and has large, wide pull thru sites. Got a weekly rate of $170. There are some full timers here but their sites are kept up and clean. Not sure why the bad reviews but wanted to share that we had a good experience and would stay again if in the area. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $20.00

We stayed 2 nights and were extremely impressed. Noticed that New Management since December and upon seeing prior low reviews firmly believe that these were all prior to the new manager. The employees made us feel like family and went out of their way to make us welcome. The large pull through lots were level and very easy to access. The new manager seemed to take great pride in bring the park up and has great plans to improve it even more although I believe it is excellent to great as he has done already. Propane is available on site. Good coffee (The manager, an ex sailor makes great coffee.) and snacks are available in the morning. Access from I-10 is easy. Shopping is nearby with a Walmart, Ace Hardware, fast foods and fuel near by, most within a fair walking distance. Any of you who have been here in the past, prior to the new management, I suggest that you might want to try again and I believe you'll appreciate the great improvement. Just for the record, I've never stopped here before and never knew the management prior to 2 night stay, 15 & 16 January, 2018. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle
Picnic Table, Patio

Many interesting things around Bensen. Walmart, Ace Hardware, other shops within fair walking distance. Bensen is an interesting town. We plan to go back and spend a bit more time there, and definitely stay at this park.

Featured Campgrounds Near Benson I-10 RV Park

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $35.00

Good "plain Jane" overnight stop. Good access to I-10. Reasonably quiet. Dirt/gravel sites are fairly level and roomy. Management is very nice.They even escort you to your site. Fee was cash only. Restrooms are clean and modern. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $10.00

Rate is based on monthly. Passport America park also. Convenient to I-10, great park with lots of level long pull thru sites. back/pull- in sites around perimeter for long stays. Nice views of mountains. Great for overnight or longer, lots to see nearby-Karchner Caverns, Tombstone and more. All utilities conveniently located and functioned properly, propane on site. Laundry has 4 washers and dryers $1.25 each. Manager is friendly and accommodating. Large area to walk your pets, please pick up after them. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Motorhome.

Other
Picnic Table, Patio

Safeway and Walmart in Benson along with RV Repair shop and lots of restaurants. Denny's is just across road from RV park and I was told you get a discount with receipt from I-10 RV Park.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $20.00

I felt like I was in a military camp and I did something bad. No sooner than I drove in, I was chastised for driving through the park before I came to the office. The idea that I had an older model RV was not acceptable. I was not accepted. And asked to remove my RV from the premises. Manager is an extreme authoritarian. Argumentative personality. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $25.00

Rate is PA cash. Easy off/on from I-10. Long level pull thru by laundry/shower house. Hookups worked well with good water pressure and drinkable from the tap. Hose bib leaked so alerted management. Came and checked and have to replace crack in hose bib pipe. Said will change after we leave and thanked me. Laundry is wash-dry $1.25 each. Unpleasant odor of something somewhere in the room. Good Dennys restaurant short walk across road. May stay again. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand
Picnic Table, Patio

If you want the park cable, when you call for reservation ask if they have a cable box available. Tell them to hold one for YOU. Only have 20 (management said) because no OTA TV available in this area. Of course if you carry satellite, never mind.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $25.00

Not a bad park over all. Nice gentleman met us at office and checked us in. Seems to be a large number of full timers but that is found every where now a days. Al sites were kept clean and units maintained. We stay a few nights and saw the sights. Big open are to walk the dog. Make sure you watch for stickers in their fur. Signs say to go straight to and from the dog walk but I cheated and waked all over the park. Mac doesn't bark and we always pick up after him. Water pressure was good and it tasted great for high desert location. This park is near the freeway and railroad so if you have trouble sleeping use earplugs. It is LOUD. Nice views of the Mountains to the north. Restrooms and showers are clean and large. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A lot of things to see around here. We went down to Kartchner Caverns State Park and enjoyed the day. Also went to Tombstone. Benson has some nice antique stores.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $20.00

Checked in here for an overnight stay. Park is close to I10 and is close to Denny's, which is convenient. The manager was nice and checked us in quickly. Wi-fi costs extra but free cable. They advertise that they fill propane tanks, but when we inquired we were told that was only for weekly or monthly guests. Ok place for an overnight stay only. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $20.00

Good location, right across the street from a Denny's and right off the freeway. Did not have a pleasant greeting and park is not well maintained. For a last minute overnight stay it worked. But felt the price was high for the quality. You also had to pay for wifi. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $33.00

We planned for only an overnight at this park. Good thing - this place is a dump. If you like sand, dirt, and scraggly weeds, this place is for you. The hook-ups were acceptable. Showers and restrooms were closed. I can't imagine anyone staying here for more than one night. And the price was way too high considering this was summer in Arizona. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $19.00

This was a very nice stop for the night. It was close to I-10 with easy on & off the freeway. The highway noise was far enough away to not be noticed. Train noise also was not close so it was of no bother to us. We had 50 amp. electric with cable TV. The water pressure was good and each site has sewer. Also, there are cement patios at each site and picnic tables. The real surprise was how clean and nice the restroom/shower rooms were. We will stay here again. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Motorhome.

site 85
Picnic Table, Patio

There are many tourist destinations nearby.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $20.00

Friendly staff. Large pull thru. 55 channels. Quiet. Would stay again. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $20.00

Stopped for 1 night while heading east. Very nice manager. Restrooms were super clean. Space was level and clean. Would definitely stop here again. We camped at Benson I-10 RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

Space 56
Picnic Table, Patio

Denny's located directly across the street.

Featured Campgrounds Near Benson I-10 RV Park

Are you affiliated with Benson I-10 RV Park ?