5.3 Average

Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City)

Black Canyon City, Arizona

19600 E St Josephs Rd
Black Canyon City, Arizona 85324

Elevation: 2067' (approx.)
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $43.00

This place was a huge disappointment. It could hardly be described as a "park". There is much disrepair everywhere, garbage, very long term "campers". In general, if this is the standard by which KOA operates, we'll never stay at KOA again. We only stayed one night and had we not had a reservation which would have lost us our $$, we would have driven on. We camped at Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $35.00

The park is older, but we found it clean and quiet. The site we had was not level, but it wasn't bad, we leveled with the wood blocks I carry. WIFI was the best we've ever had at a park !! TV was very good, and electric was wired properly.(I check it before plugging in) Overall, we would stay here again. Landscaping was older, but nice. Typical Arizona, but nice. We camped at Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $35.00

Cable down due to a problem with the company. Very windy in April.One day it blows the next day it's calm. All gravel. Nice spa,pool clean. Owners were polite.Work Campers were extremely nice. The advertised Saturday Breakfast is a mile down the road at the VFW hall. Incredible view of the high desert when cactus is in bloom. Great WIFI. We camped at Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) in a Motorhome.

ros

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $33.00

This was a very nice park with Wi-Fi and cable included at site. They were finishing up some remodeling jobs in the restrooms and building and it looked very nice. The staff was very nice. We camped at Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City)

Date of Stay: January, 2008 - $20.00

Well, once again I must say that the KOA chain needs to do something with their parks other than sell them over and over again. This one, like so many is just plain worn out. A family from Canada owns it now and just ain't taking care of it. It is all dirt and rained last night and about washed us out. When it was over it was a mass of mud. The shower room had a handicapped room to shower in the wheelchair, someone used it and the place was flooded, add that to a really dirty place and it was pretty nasty. Then someone flushed a pair of dirty underwear down the toilet, what a mess. Bradshaw is run by the seniors, but way better than this. Pass it by! We camped at Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) in a Motorhome.

hia

Date of Stay: April, 2007 - $30.00

Pleasant park for people who like the great outdoors. The owners are always making improvements. The WiFi worked great for us. Cable TV worked fine after the staff helped us set up our TV. No fire rings, but we were able to rent an enclosed fire pit for the night. We'll be back again next year. We camped at Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2007 - $40.00

We will never camp here again! My husband is a travel nurse, currently assigned in Phoenix, AZ. We wanted somewhere out of the city. The views are beautiful here, but that is all this park has to offer. Their wi-fi is unreliable, as I've never gotten better than a "very low" signal, if any. The cable is also completely unreliable. It skips in and out of signal several times per show. We were given several excuses when broaching these subjects and also when we asked to move, due to lack of signal strength. We rely on the internet for school and work. The kicker, they just shut off the water with no warning to fix a pipe. Very inconsiderate. Another reason we won't come back is the drive. It takes over an hour to get into Phoenix with traffic. Overall, this has been a horrible experience. We have been here since January and plan to leave April 22. I would not recommend this campground to anyone long term, anyone who depends on the internet, anyone who likes to take showers at the drop of a hat, or anyone who hates yappy dogs, as they do not enforce the KOA barking dog policy. We camped at Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2006 - $30.00

I had unexpectedly pulled in late at night because of brake trouble after leaving the RV park I had wintered at. The owner came out to help me into the site and I explained the problem I was having. He took out his cell phone and called a local mechanic who could see me first thing in the morning. An hour after I arrived at the garage the problem was fixed with an adjustment and he only charged me labor. I could have been easily taken, but I had found honest, helpful people. Still being a little rattled from my brake experience I decided to take it easy and enjoy an additional day at the KOA. It is a lovely place with a new pool and beautiful desert landscaping. Everything was so clean and the staff were so friendly. I was so pleased to find them and the way they helped me that I hope to be staying there long term this coming winter season. We camped at Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Black Canyon Campground (formerly KOA-Black Canyon City) ?