Leaf Verde RV Resort

Buckeye, Arizona

1500 S Apache Rd
Buckeye, Arizona 85326

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station no
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Leaf Verde RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $16.00

Monthly rate shown...does not include electric. Park is very clean, gravel sites, heated pool, large laundry room with brand new machines (but wife reports the machines do not hold much), fitness room, rec room. WiFi is in stages of being installed as well as new dog run. Small temporary dog run in use. Slight noise from I-10 about 1/4 mile away. We received complimentary storage of our toad dolly and they even hauled it for me. Side-by-side pull through sites...you park your toad in the area behind your neighbor and they park behind you. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Shopping and fast food plentiful...lots of choices very close.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $42.00

First, understand that we stayed at Leaf Verde in the "off" season (summer), but frankly, I saw nothing that would attract me to stay during the "season"; the park is a large sandy-dirt, parking lot with hookups. The park served our purpose as an overnight stop on our way home to California, but was otherwise completely unremarkable. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $40.00

Have stayed before and like the park for its location. Paved streets and sand, side by side pull thrus. All services work as designed and with the new owners it appears they have dropped the stringent water hookup rule. Stayed one night. Tried to stay a month for each of the last 2 years without success. It seems that unless you book for 6-12 months a year they are not interested. Tried to book for Nov 2019 in Jan 2019 and again last night. In Jan they said try in April, yesterday they said try the end of Aug. Had the same problem and was unable to book for the last 2 years. I understand why they want long term over short 1 month rentals so I guess I'll finally give up and stay elsewhere. Too bad. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Row 5
Sand

Walking distance to walmart/frys and fast food.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $40.00

Full of snow birds, which is fine. Sites are narrow and tightly packed. There is just enough room to get a big rig around. WIFI is extra. I don't know how much, I didn't care that much. Broadcast TV was plentiful. TMobile barely works. You can make a phone call but you're not going to do much else. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Leaf Verde RV Resort

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $33.00

Not friendly to Class B van, chased us down to be escorted in every day. No picnic table, had been all taken by full timers. Dog area very small and inadequate dog waste cans.

Inadequate showers for number of sites, 3 and 1 had no pressure. All gravel with no concrete pads. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $48.00

Park is very easy to access from I-10 or AZ-85. There are two staging areas for arrivals, they are very thin lanes, however a host was on hand to guide us in. We did have to wait for the other motorhome to leave before opening our door though. We were guided to our site after a quick and easy check in. The site was level and connections well placed. I found water pressure to be low, only 40 psi max. Sites are long enough to park a car behind, but very thin in width. They alternate site entry so one neighbor is back to back while the other is out your front door. The stagger caused a strange set up. My neighbors picnic table was about 4 feet from my HVAC unit. Fortunately for them, it wasn't running while they were at the table. We had a sewer vent pipe on one side of our site and probably the only tree in the place on the other. I was able to open slides but the awning would have hit the tree and encroached on my neighbors site too. The restrooms were among the cleanest of any place I have seen. The laundry and common area were clean as well. Interior roads are wide enough to maneuver, a departure from the theme of thin widths on sites. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

There is a Chevron station about a mile away on AZ-85, had the best price on diesel. Loves Truck Stop at 85 and I-10. Fry's Marketplace across from Wal Mart at intersection of Yuma and Watson, about 2 min east of park. If you haven't been to a Fry's, try it. Can get everything there in one stop.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $45.00

This park crowds the rigs together very closely. Will not use this park again. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

400 loop

Located about 30 miles west of Phoenix near Interstate 10.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $40.00

We stayed 1 night passing through the area. The park is a few miles from I-10 (Exit 114: Miller Rd or Exit 117: Watson Rd). The road from I-10 to the park is 2 lanes wide and paved. There was an escort to the site. The sites are a mixture of back-ins and P/T's. The majority of the sites are for extended stays with a different fee schedule. The interior roads are paved with speed bumps. The site parking pads are compacted gravel. The interior roads were wide enough and the turns gentle enough to make maneuvering large RV's easy. The "Overnight" P/T sites were long enough to stay connected to toads. This park completely understands the simple concept of the importance of a flat, level site as the sites were flat and level. Distance establishes privacy between the sites. They have full hook ups - water, electricity (50/30/20 AMP), & sewer. The utility connections were towards the middle of the sites. Strong water pressure. The sewer connection was at ground making it easy to establish a downhill flow but State & County regulations requires sewer hoses to be elevated off the ground for proper drainage regardless your length of stay. There was an outside table but no fire pits at the sites. No obstructions to satellite reception. The park brochure listed about 42 OTA broadcast channels. There was no cable. Didn't try to get any broadcast channels. No park provided WiFi. Our Verizon WiFi hotspot worked well. Didn't try the NET10 phone so don't know about the reception. There were a couple designated fenced pet areas with gravel or grass surfaces. There were bag dispensers and waste collection stations around the park and in the fences pet areas for waste. There was sufficient area to walk dogs along the park roads with some designated areas for pet's use. We would probably stay here if the need arose while traveling through the area. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $43.00

Nice park, guide you to your site and park you on spot to make sure you can get your utilities. Had to watch our slide on the power pole. Sites alternate direction so you get a clearer view. Pool was awesome, showers were excellent. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $20.00

It is very hot in Arizona right now and that really demonstrates the need for trees. This park has very few of them and the ones they have are not shade trees. The sites themselves are long and fairly wide, but they are sand which means the sand is constantly being tracked into the camper. Park staff is friendly and helpful. The park is close to shopping. AT&T cell phone works well as does Verizon MiFi. No need to set up our Dish, as there are plenty of OTA channels. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $22.00

Passport America rate was a couple bucks higher than advertised on PA site. Very convenient place to stay to visit Phoenix. A bit of a drive, but way better than driving through Phoenix with your RV. Paved roads, gravel, dirt sites but very nice. Not busy when we were there, would be close to your neighbor if they were full. No trees/shade, big rig access is great. As long as they take PA I will stay again (max 3 nights at PA rate then $5 per day more). We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Clean all around, friendly and well organized. Lots of sites lined up like most large parks. Shopping nearby and away from all the noise. Nice park but could be dusty whenever the wind blows. We found sand every where an opening existed. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Shopping was close as well as fuel. You are on the far west end of the Phoenix metropolitan area.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $36.00

This is a big park and like others have said they have a lot of rules. They went over the "rules" twice once when we checked in and then when they took us to our site. Over kill but it is their park and can run it the way they wish. The sites are long enough that we did not have to disconnect, but very narrow. Our site was a buddy site which means front doors open to each other they attempt to minimize the effect by having both coaches go as far forward as possible. It was okay for one night. Asphalt drive with dirt pad space. Most of the park is full timers this time of year. The park is jammed, has no color with no charm at all. The only reason we would stay again is family is close and you can go down 85 and avoid Phoenix. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Motorhome.

New Walmart is close.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $40.00

Spaces are VERY close together, as advertised, and not very long. They have a huge number of rules, and most of the guests are breaking them by the minute (long dog leashes, dogs tied up outside, speeding, junk outside rv's). On the plus side, the park is SUPER CLEAN! The pilot who guided us into our space knew his business and we didn't require any reparking. I would return for another visit. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Sand

Fry's supermarket has cheap diesel, but not big enough for TV and RV. Cracker Barrel and multiple other chain restaurants, all fast food restaurants, Walmart and Lowe's are all 1.5 miles NW of Leaf Verde.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $35.00

We were in for an overnight; have done it here many times. New owners (I think) and new staff that I was in contact with. The guy that took us to our site was not new and is a great guy. Could not get a WiFi connection - so site shown. Called office - do not have wifi for overnight. Then I recall they always gave us wifi info when we checked in. That is a new one for me. Next morning we have no water. Call office - it is going to be shut down 8-noon; there was a sign on the front door. Maybe you could have told me! Will be looking for another place to overnight in that area. We camped at Leaf Verde RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Overnight row

Featured Campgrounds Near Leaf Verde RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Leaf Verde RV Resort ?