6400 E. Thousand Trails Rd

• Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes

Ask fellow campers about "Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $28.00

We used Passport America, good for 7 days. This is a huge campground. 402 sites. Very new, pure desert camping, no shade. Its potential is high as it matures. About 45 minutes from Sedona. Great, large pull-thru sites, level for now. I see water runoff on the sites, I hope they keep up or there will be future problems. Pricing is very strange, nit-picky. 7 levels of sites, each a different price. Different price for the weekend vs the week. Now comes the nit-picky prices: booking fee($3), pet fee($20/visit), picnic table($20/month), fire pit($20/month), reserve a specific site($25) and late checkout($25). We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $1.00

This is a very nice Thousand Trails park. That said, there are definitely some cons to go along with the pros: Pros: level site, nice pool and hot tub; electric stayed between 115 and 120v even pulling 30A; nice clubhouse; friendly staff Cons: no laundry (signs says under maintenance, permanent campers say it has been that way); impossible to get 50A unless you reserve in advance; almost touching your neighbor on 1 side; long access road at 10 mph; minimal ATT coverage; paid internet ($6 a day, $15 a week) We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Motorhome.

H93

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $40.00

Nice clean park that we've never been able to stay at until Encore purchased Thousand Trails. Rude security guard on duty some at entrance security shack. VERY rude. Many, many RV'ers live here permanently so really not our kind of park. Great clubhouses however and great heated pool. Gravel on roads and sites gets really hot so watch your dogs and carry a temp gun. Side by side sites so you share with your neighbor. Don't care for that at all. No cable or wifi. Close to daughter and grandkids but a brand new modern park being built just west of I-70/260 turnoff by Sunland opening in the fall so will stay there next time. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Motorhome.

H89

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $1.00

The cell coverage is almost minimal, being the campsite are deep in a valley. This made the use of our personal hotspots at our campsite impossible and we had to get to high ground to make a usable phone call. We did not feel we should pay extra to get Inet access. At the activity center the Inet access was great, just inconvenient. We received contradictory information two weeks before our arrival about receiving packages. I had asked and received information from the Ranger tel line that packages would be accepted at no cost. Upon arrival, I was dinged $2/package, which cost me $8 to receive packages. I brought this issue up and was told that the website makes this announcement and the policy has been in place since 2017 (sign in the office). Upon checking the website, the policies did not state this charge and I brought that up to the Asst Manager. She apologized, but said everyone knows about this for the last 2+ years. Well, since I had never visited this TT before I did not know. I could have saved the package charges if I had known by having everything delivered to Amazon lockers in Sedona. I will do that next time. The "Resort" lacked an exercise room, which would have been important to us. We may stay again if coming through this area, but our eyes will be opened wider and we will know what to expect. Go into Cottonwood to get access to the Internet and Cell Telephone. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Travel Trailer.

H59

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $45.00

Campsites are a long way from the check-in and are older. There is a lot of new site construction going on requiring closing roads and detouring around work zone, there were times I was wondering how I was going to get out with a 40ft 5er. VERY limited cell signal! You had to purchase WiFi! We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $45.00

We stayed overnight while traveling through Arizona. It was a good value for an overnight stay. But, we probably wouldn't stay here otherwise. Most of the campground is permanent residents. Most of the sites left are 30 amp only. It's difficult to get a 50 amp site. The sites are buddy sites where you share the pedestal with your neighbor. This means that you are very close to your neighbor on your utility side but then have a large shared grassy area on the door side. I prefer having more room on both sides. They have a lot of land but they chose to have tight sites in each loop. Clubhouse with table tennis, board games, basketball and a nice pool. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns

There is a river flowing next to the campground. You can't see it from the campground but there is access froma couple of trails from the campground. It's a short hike through some woods.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $1.00

This is one of the best Thousand Trails preserves that we have visited. Not too far from town and extremely well-kept. The only negative was a lot of construction during the day, but progress is inevitable (they are enlarging the preserve and adding sites). All utilities were perfect and we stream AT &T WiFi with great access. Some feel that the inside roads were 'tight' and difficult to navigate, but it was no worse that hundreds of others that we have visited, and our 40' motorhome fit the space with room to spare and even a grassy area alongside. We definitely will return to stay here again. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Motorhome.

H

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $1.00

This was my first-ever stay at a Thousand Trails campground, and having read bunches of scary reviews of other parks, I had some trepidation. But wow -- no need! They literally knock it out of the park here for everything from site size and ease of access to friendly, helpful, professional, enthusiastically proactive staff and tons of great amenities. The only issue this time was that their laundry facility is closed for renovation. But hey - I technically got here in the off-season, and they have to do this kind of work sometime. I'm not gonna mark someplace down for making improvements! I would absolutely stay here again -- in fact I am, right now, back for my second stay -- and heartily recommend it to anyone else who wants a beautiful, clean, well-run place to stay in their RV. The 5 MPH speed limit is enforced rigorously for everyone's safety. There are quite a few feral cats that roam the park, which are clearly being cared for by someone. They're beautiful and pretty friendly, but if you leave your door open, they will try to come in. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Travel Trailer.

H35
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

ETB

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $5.00

This was our first visit to this campground. Generally I'm not overly impressed with campgrounds in the Thousand Trail system. But this one is different and not the norm. This is the best TT campground we have every been to. The roads are in good condition and paved! The facilities are well maintained. Grass is green and mowed. There are lots of annuals here. Most RVs are well maintained. The more shabby ones seem to concentrated in the H section. I went online to make a reservation. But during that process I was informed if I wanted to reserve a 50 amp site I would have to contact the campground directly. Just one call and I had a three week reservation for a site with FHUs and 50 amp service. For those of you who are not familiar with Thousand Trails getting a FHU site with 50 amp service can be a real challenge. We had to pay $5 a night for the 50 amp electrical service. We were assigned a site in the 'C' section which appears to be mostly annuals. Our site was fairly level but the gravel pad was narrow. Our steps stopped at the edge of the gravel. There was not enough room to walk on the gravel next to our motorhome and the grassy area was at an uphill slope making it awkward to walk along a slope. Picnic table was at a slope and not level enough to use. Two trees provided ample shade from the hot afternoon sun. Daily temps here were just over 100 degrees. Water pressure was a little on the low side. Pressure varied from 25 psi to just under 35 psi. Electrical was good and stable. Leg 1 and leg 2 both measured 118v without any load. When running all three ACs the voltages would drop to 112v/114v. We didn't use the campground WiFi. We have an unlimited AT&T data plan. AT&T speeds were 5Mbps to 10 Mbps download and around 8Mbps upload. We have Verizon for cell service and for the most part it work well. Verizon data didn't work at all. Slight problem getting Dish satellite 129 because of the trees. Had to use Dish satellite 61.5 as a backup. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Motorhome.

C41

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $1.00

This is my first Thousand Trails Campground and I was happily impressed. Huge campground, like 3 campgrounds in one. Everything was clean and well taken care of. Were there permanents? Yes, but I don't remember campgrounds without them anymore, and it was not a bother, including our neighbors who were very friendly. Mostly, it is off the beaten path so things were very quiet! I loved that overnight and in the morning. I had a back-in space with full hookups. It is an easy walk to the Verde River, might bring the canoe or fishing pole next time. Next time here, I will stay in section b or c. Closer to the pool, looks more like an rv park to me. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Travel Trailer.

H140

This campground is close to Cottonwood, Jerome, and Sedona. All three need to be checked out, some amazing wine tasting rooms and places to eat.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

WiFi only in 3 clubhouses and even that was often Very Poor. AT&T cell coverage in area A was spotty. OTA TV in area A is OK but NBC was only analog. Area A is ~2 miles from entrance and is mostly quiet and nice. Except grass was all dried up and yellow like straw which if green it would be nice. Cannot use your rug in the grassy area and end up tracking in dried grass on your shoes. RVs are staggered in direction so 2 RV share the grass between them where you would sit, set up chairs and BBQ with two picnic tables but plenty of room for two but could be staring at each other. ~1/2 to 2/3 of the sites are occupied by long term campers. There was construction in area A and about half the sites were closed. it appeared they were upgrading these sites from 30 to 50A service but we could not find anyone to confirm this. Overall plenty of room at site and easy maneuvering. A few trails and the road to walk. On Verde River which is especially close to area A. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Fifth Wheel.

68 in Area A

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Alcantara Vineyards and Winery next door was a great find.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $1.00

Listen to the Ranger at the Guard Station. They will give you highlighted areas of open sites. So much easier to find that way. Certainly enjoyed my stay here. Being the RV Park is down in the river bed, receiving cell service isn't easy. If you have AT&T or Verizon, then you will get connected. They offer WiFi in the two buildings. All the pull thrus have FHU, the back in sites do not offer sewer. I took the 30 amp, but there are quite a few sites available for 50 amp, you will pay additional for them though. Many of the sites are being upgraded so they are not available, but hey, that just means more room for me on my camping side. Beautiful Pool, lots of trails to explore, the Rangers truly are very nice and helpful. There are always activities of some sort going on. Looking forward to Cinco De Mayo and Potluck dinner! Have fun, explore and get out and play a little, you'll have a blast like me! We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Fifth Wheel.

C24

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $1.00

Very disappointed in this park. Over 40 sites blocked off from use. A high percentage of the other sites are occupied by long term residents with large sheds, and attached structures. Families with children appear to be living in the park. Few transient sites available. This is no longer a campground but a "mobile home park". Our site is a very close side-by-side. Site is very dusty and dirty which gets on everything. We are a 15 year Thousand Trails member and will not be back here next time. We did not see any work being done on the closed sites during our 1 week stay. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

The Verde Canyon Rail Road ride is very enjoyable. Snacks and bar drinks are available.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $1.00

The park has gone down hill. Much of A,B,C sections are still closed, no power. Several sites are taped and bagged off. Now the laundry building is closed, building and leach field supposed to be rebuilt in 6 to 12 months. Lower H section is now a high percentage of leased sites and cabins, very difficult to get a decent site in upper H. The camp store is relocated, up in the RVR center on top the hill. We have been coming here for 8 years and this is the worst it has been, used to be one of our favorite stops, not anymore. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Fifth Wheel.

H71
Gravel, Dirt

Galpin RV Dealership has propane at $1.70. Shopping at Fry's, or Safeway, or even Walmart. Diesel is between $2.69 and $2.89.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $1.00

Verde Valley Thousand Trails is beautifully situated just outside the bustle of Sedona, AZ in Cottonwood. We have camped there a couple of times and like the setting very much. When you enter the campground, you work your way down and down and down into a valley where cell service is spotty at best. If connectivity is a high priority, you may feel frustration here. Otherwise we found it to be lovely. The bath houses were clean, there were activities, and the seasonal campers and staff were as friendly as they could be. We enjoyed our time here. We camped at Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort (Thousand Trails) ?