5.3 Average

Flagstaff, Arizona

2101 W Route 66
Flagstaff, Arizona 86001

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • WiFi WiFi ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?

Ask fellow campers about "Kit Carson RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $40.00

The good - Great location and pretty park in terms of trees layout and decent sized spaces. The bad - Trashy looking full timer's trailers, tent garages, and stuff everywhere. Power/water/sewage hookups that look like they haven't updated since the 80's. THE worst customer service I've ever encountered from an RV park front office. To elaborate, I called the night before to see if they could accommodate my 38' class-a and toad (the KOA and Good Sam affiliated parks were full) and was told yes and that I could have space 505. When I asked about putting down a deposit I was told there was no need to provide a deposit or even my name and could arrive anytime the next day and 505 would be there for me. So trusting me says okay and we arrive around 10 the next morning to find out that 505 is already occupied and the morning desk clerk has no idea why I would have been told it would be available. Luckily she finds another space for me, takes my money and draws out the route to the space on a black and white barely legible map of the park and sends me on my way with no other info about amenities, wifi, rules, etc. But wait, it gets better. We drive to the space only to find it occupied, so we park in another empty space and drive our toad back to the office. Turns out she told us the wrong space number. I told her where we parked and ask if we can just stay there. She looks at her board (you've got to see this board...little pockets with reservation tickets in them with notes and stickies all over the place) and says that space should already be occupied. Then she tries to pull the ticket to look at it but it's taped in place. She asks someone else if they know why it's taped down but they have no idea. She dislodges it, looks at it and asks the other person why it says August on it. Again, no clue. They conclude that I can just stay there and she goes off to do something else. "That's it?", I asked. "Yep", she replies. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $38.00

OK for a rest stop, but a very tired park. Stayed one night on return trip west to east. Restrooms and showers were poor, and therefore not used. Many permanent residents with trailers and sites in very poor condition. Park was pretty, with lots of huge pines and shade. Office closed, with a sign open at 3:45. Then another sign says, closes at 2:00. Contacted park rep by phone, but found the site we were directed to occupied. Another call, and directed to take another site. No one seemed interested to find out why there was someone in our site. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

The only things I liked about Kit Carson RV Park are the location and the trees. The bathrooms are bad. They are too small and dirty. Only overnight guests are allowed to use them (as opposed to residents, of which there seem to be a lot), yet they are totally inadequate for even a few visitors. In the ladies room, they put 2 toilet stalls in a space that probably should hold only 1 stall. I couldn't sit down in one because my knees ran into the wall of the stall in front of me. Had to just crouch to use toilet. 2 shower stalls were also very small and we're dirty and had shower curtains that were very dirty at the bottom. Corners of all toilet and shower stalls have not been cleaned well on ages. Not for handicapped, as there are stairs to the building, no benches in shower areas and no handheld shower heads. There seem to be quite a few long spaces and pull-through spaces, but they vary in levelness. Also electrical hookups are mounted on trees and seem somewhat unsafe. Cable TV hookups are worthless. No sewer but there is a dump station - haven't used it yet. WiFi seems to be poor throughout much of the park. They do have about 23 channels of TV via antenna - normal fare - CBS, NBC, ABC, a few PBS channels, a few Spanish stations, a game show channel, a weather channel, ME TV, LAFF, HSN, a movie channel, and a few others. Cellphone service is OK but not great. I have AT&T. When we checked in at the office, they did not offer the code for the bathroom door nor the WiFi password. We had to go back and ask when we discovered we needed them. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

We came in at night in a big 5th wheel. Most of the other campgrounds said we were too big. This place had easy to find big pull-thru sites for short stay guests right near the front of the park. And right by the nice little bath house. The trees were nice. No pool but we didn't want one. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Covered Forested

Featured Campgrounds Near Kit Carson RV Park

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $42.00

Nice quiet setting in the tall pines, convenient to town and sightseeing, but roads, sites and facilities in need of serious upgrading. Very helpful staff didn't offset excessive daily rate given the condition of the park. 70 percent of the sites are taken up by permanent residents with mobile homes in various conditions. WiFi was marginal at best and cable access is limited to a few sites. Trees limit satellite reception in most sites. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

H8
Gravel, Dirt

Covered Forested

Great location for trips to canyon, meteor crater, Sedona and petrified forest.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $47.00

I think we got the only site without shade. There are plenty of trees. The people are nice. It's 5 miles outside of town. So it's real quiet. There was plenty of room to drive. I was able to back in to my space no problem (and that's a feat for me). It's only 35 miles to Sedona. I would stay here again. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $34.00

While having lots of trees this RV park also has lots of permanent residents and filthy restrooms and showers. The advertised WiFi was either nonexistent or non-functional. The attitude of staff, when I could find them, left a lot to be desired; I would expect not to be treated like a pain-in-the-neck. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $34.00

We travel from Phoenix to Flagstaff in the summer to escape the heat. Since 1998, we have camped mostly here in Flagstaff, and although the restrooms are dated and small, they are mostly clean and serviceable. We rarely stay longer than 2-3 nights, and we taxi into town for entertainment. We love the tall trees here, and have found no other RV park in Flagstaff with such nice shade. With the tall trees, pointing a satellite dish takes a few tries to get a clear spot and strong signal, but after about 30 minutes, DirecTV signal was dialed in at 94%. This is our favorite RV park in Flagstaff. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $36.00

Not good, but have seen worse. Nice location with tall pines. Good for overnight, wouldn't want to stay much longer. Restrooms not very clean. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $32.00

Sites are spacious and the staff is friendly. That being said, this RV park has been under new management since Jan, no improvement noticed since our last stay in 2010. Areas that would be ideal for a playground or pet area are used for heavy equipment and RV storage. Many of the tenants are permanent with older RVs. Attached wooden decks, patios, storage shed, and large propane tanks are common through out. Restrooms are extremely small. Showers are in desperate need of re-caulking. In the laundry facility, half of the machines do not operate. Kit Carson has much potential, but in its current state, it has been neglected for a very long time. I love the tall pines, but this RV park just is not an attractive park for vacationers. We will not stay a 3rd time. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $32.00

This is an older park, having been here in the 1960's. Sites were laid out funny. Was given the choice of 2 sites. First site was a no brainer, had several real tight turns to get to it. Second site was better. A lot of low power lines through out the park. Manager did warn me of them. The majority of the residents are permanent. Was given 2 full pages of rules to follow. We may or may not stay here next trip to Flagstaff. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $32.00

Based on the positive review we read here (April 2010) we decided to try Kit Carson RV Park. What a rip off this place is. For the price you would expect at least a decent park. The roads are washed out gravel that are pretty rough and the camp sites are not any better. Overall the park is run down and in need of a major face lift. We did find the restrooms clean, but I don’t think I have ever seen such a small facility in my life. Also be aware that there are wires strung over the roadway within the park that are very low (11’). They advertise cable TV, but do not offer free service. Cable is at some of the sites but you have to contact a local provider to set it up. OK I guess, if you are staying here for an extended stay. The internet would not work at our site, but we took the laptop down to a bench outside the office and got a weak signal. Would never stay here again. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $32.00

This is a residents park with not very many overnight spots available. We did not like any of the overnight spots and searched the park for an empty slot farther from the road. We asked and got permission to use that slot. I found the manager helpful for my needs but would not expect much help if something went south. BTW: The sewer system has just been fixed. They had to dig up a large section in the front of the park. I would not hesitate to camp here again. It is close to the downtown area and shopping. Buried in the trees, it is quiet which we like. The bathroom looked well used and crude, but were spotlessly clean. Ditto the laundry facilities. I did have trouble receiving WiFi from our spot and you had to be very near the office for reliable WiFi. This is not as bad as reviewed earlier. Oh, lots of lava rock which is dusty. But they are laying down good rock replacement which is helping the dust situation. If someone drives fast on the road, it does kick up a lot of dust. We stayed here twice. We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $35.00

Rustic campground in the pines. Stayed near the back of the park so I had to traverse the incredibly rough dirt roads to get here. If you get a site closer to the entrance, it is okay. The people were friendly and helpful. It can be tough turning left on to the highway due to traffic. It is pretty far of the freeway, too. All-in-all it is better than average but not very convenient for a stopover (which is why I was there). We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $32.00

Wow, I just can not believe the negative review! I have just spent a week at Kit Carson and it was a WONDERFUL experience! The rustic park is in the pines, the site was very neat and clean, and the manager in the office went out of her way to be helpful. She was a very cheerful, friendly and kind person. Our experience there was very positive, and the park is just beautiful! We camped at Kit Carson RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Kit Carson RV Park

Are you affiliated with Kit Carson RV Park ?