Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA

Holbrook, Arizona 86025

• Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $26.00

Unexpectedly nice park in a somewhat run down little desert town. We stayed two nights to visit the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert. Roads were narrow, and site was pretty level, but narrow and only JUST long enough for rig and tow dolly. Had to snug the car in next to the rig. There was a long dirt dog walk area, and the park was pretty quiet given its proximity to I40. Lady at check in was very nice and they had a cute little gift shop. Utilities, including cable worked well, but wifi was weak. I'm not sure I would have stayed at the full rate, but the stay one night get one free appreciation weekend made it a good deal. Dragged the jacks a little upon exiting the park. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Definitely visit the Petrified Forest National Park and Painted Desert (22 miles away). The Crystal Forest Gift Shop outside the Park's South entrance has an amazing selection of petrified wood items and other stuff. We were going to Flagstaff from here, so stopped at Meteor Crater on the way. There was plenty of RV parking and we did the complimentary rim tour with Aaron. It was just amazing.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $42.00

Staff friendly. They have cowboy cookout every night and breakfast cost reasonable We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Not a lot to do in Holbrook. The painted desert and peterfied forest is near by

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $53.00

Easy to get to from I-40, check in was fast and easy. Check in is at 2:00 PM. Interior roads and site are gravel with a new picnic table. Electric pedestal looks new. Utilities worked as they should. WiFi worked great. Hot breakfast is available as well as a Cowboy dinner. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $39.00

This is another one of our go-to places when we are traveling long distances along the I-40 corridor. Place is organized, clean and has a nice strong wifi. We can see the traffic on I-40 but don't hear it. We might hear it if we were sitting outside. But that is not an issue for me. I'm here to get a nice shower, get caught up on emails and fall into bed. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $42.00

When we arrived mid-day the park was about empty, when we pulled up to our site we discover we are next to the only other camper, we were a bit miffed that they could not at least space us out a little bit. As the evening progressed, several other unit pulled in, but even then, still lots of room to space people out if the office staff had put in the effort. Sites are very tight, could not use our awnings. The hook-ups functioned properly and the campground water pressure was 40psi. Cable TV provided with a few dozen channels. It was fairly easy to get in and out in a 40' motor home with toad. Even though I would rate this park as average, I think it is (from my observation) the better of the choices in the area. If we are ever in the area again I would probably stay here again. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

The Painted Desert & Petrified Forest are spectacular.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $40.00

While exploring the area in and around Holbrook, Arizona, I spent one night at the Holbrook/Petrified Forest KOA. I found the campground to be well-kept with a friendly and helpful staff. They have pancake breakfast and Cowboy dinners available for guests. I partook in the dinner and enjoyed it. It was far enough from I-40 and other roads so that there were no road noise. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Visit Jack Rabbit Trading Post in Joseph City and Wigwam Motel in Holbrook (on historic Route 66).

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $50.00

We have stayed at this park before. It is freeway close. This time it was a overnight stop for us. The gal at the desk was kind and helpful. Sites are gravel and ours was pretty level. You can see they are upgrading the sites with fencing. I just like the convenience of this park. You have to dig deep for a good restaurant nearby but we found a few hidden gems. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $40.00

Unlevel RV sites. Dusty, gravel RV park. Our site had electrical and water only. We hooked up just after office closed, and our electrical surge protector indicated an open ground (hazard) and surge protector allowed no electricity to our RV (protection). Called the after hours number and left several messages but no reply from the staff. After waiting a considerable time we moved our RV to another site that had safe, electrical grounding. We went to bed late and thereby lost sleep over this terrible service and facilities. Positives: RV Park offered pool, full hookups, cable, laundry, propane, and, at reasonable price, breakfast (7:00 am to 9:00 am) and dinner (5:00 pm to 7:00 pm) menus. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $46.00

Holbrook, AZ - April 2019 - Holbrook/Petrified Forest KOA - about $46.00/night. We have had pretty good luck with KOA parks, but this one is not exactly what we are used to. The park is a little bit run down with rock/gravel sites. The check in process was not smooth as the nice lady helping us was clearly in over her head. She needed some help. We arrived two hours after checkout and she did not know whether our site was empty. She had to take a walk to see which sites were available. It took quite some time to get through the process. The hookups are relatively new and new cabins have been put in. For $30.00/night, I would find it more acceptable. The park is about 30 minutes from the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert. It is located just off of I-40 with some gas stations and restaurants nearby. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $43.00

Conveniently located off I 40 this park is similar to most KOA facilities. The interior is gravel and dirt with mostly level long pull through sites. Utilities were mid coach and easily accessed. Cable television was provided but we did not use. OTA TV poor. Wifi worked adequately considering we were at far end of park and by evening most spaces were full. Limited trees and narrow sites. Fenced dog park area and dusty narrow dog walk available. Close to fuel stations and many fast food outlets. Steady noise from proximity to I 40. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $60.00

Site upgrades are ongoing when we visited - adding pavers to each patio and privacy fencing and landscaping between each site. The office was amply supplied with RV supplies and souvenirs. Staff was courteous and helpful. All gravel surfaces making it difficult to traverse the area. Cool petrified tree in the courtyard! We would stop again if we came through the area again. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Painted Desert National Park is a must. Twenty dollar entrance fee for the two of us but well worth it. Favorite restaurants served very fresh, hot delicious food we would recommend - #1 Tom and Suzie's Diner where we ate breakfast one day and lunch one day. Awesome food. Restaurant #2 is Cameleon where they serve all-you-can-eat cod fish and fries during Lent Season! Also excellent fresh breakfast. Excellent food at both places.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $35.00

We stayed seven nights in a 40 ft fifth wheel. This is a very large park with level sites right on the edge of town. As with most KOAs, you cannot reserve a specific site. And as is typical at too many KOAs the sites are VERY tight. What bothered me most was that the park is huge, perhaps over a hundred sites, yet they insist on jamming people right next to each other. My site, site 20, was open to the field so I had nobody on my door side but we had less than 8 feet between us and the camper behind us. We could hear the kids just being kids but there was no reason to put people right next to each other. Space us out a bit. Also, they have "deluxe patio" sites that we didn't know about and they didn't even offer. Sweet old couple running the desk and another set of campers helping out. Cowboy café closed the day after we arrived do no pancakes. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Visit the Petrified Forest. The northern entrance highlights the painted desert and the southern entrance highlights the petrified trees. Beautiful area with easy access to trails and exhibits. Eat the Carne Asada burrito and Alberto's right down the street.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $42.00

This was a gravel-covered parking lot with pull-through sites delineated by the placement of the service poles. For us, the gravel was a welcome alternative to the desert ground cover and the campground worked well for a base from which to investigate the nearby Petrified Forest and Painted Desert. All services worked as expected, WIFI was iffy but Verizon was fine. Limited shade, but hey - it's in the Arizona desert. Great pool. Cowboy grill and breakfast on site. Lovely people and seamless registration. Interior roads gravel and wide enough. Would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $40.00

Big rig friendly with level sites. Easy on/off access to I40. WiFi, laundry, cable, showers, and dog park was good. No problem with our satellite. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Safeway, downtown, and few restaurants was 2 miles. Petrified National Forest was 25 miles but worth the visit.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $44.00

Mediocre KOA. Grounds messy and muddy. The dog park was muddy with poop everywhere. The waste can was overflowing with bags of poop. Office staff came and cleaned up after alerted to unsatisfactory condition. On the positive side, the steak dinners cooked near the office were tasty, and the location very convenient to the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert National Park. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA

Are you affiliated with Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA ?