The Canyon Motel & RV Park

1900 E Rodeo Rd
Williams, Arizona 86046

• Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Pet Area Pet Area no
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?

Ask fellow campers about "The Canyon Motel & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $45.00

This was our second visit at this park. Check-in was easy. Pleasant and helpful staff. Escort by staff. You are provided an informative brochure of the park and surrounding area. Our site was a back in. Good satellite reception. Wi-fi OK. Quiet area. Train was close but no train whistles. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $31.00

Nice enough Good Sam Park very near I-40. Gravel pull thru 30/50 amp full hook up sites. Good satellite and cell. Indoor pool and playground. Escorted to site by friendly people. Wifi okay. Can use as a base for exploring the Grand Canyon. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $35.00

When I found this park I thought it looked decent enough ....but when I finally arrived after waiting 9 months to beat the heat in Lake Havasu, I parked in my site I realized (in short order) that it's basically an awful RV Park for so many reasons.

My site was full of weeds/stickers and extremely uneven (actually kind of dangerous). The first step out of my trailer I was on a major downward slant. I basically had to sit right next to my truck for any resemblance of level ground. Shade was basically none existent! The area that I was in, the poor RVers and myself were huddled up against our rigs trying to stay level and in get into the shade, as it was way too windy for our awnings. Not a level site and extremely dangerous. The exterior bathroom lights are so bright you might as well stay in the city.

I was also looking forward to the night sky but the lights on the building that that I was next to were so bright, it was pretty much impossible. I felt like I was in the middle of the city at night. It was very disappointing and very bright!

There was also a very large and deep community sink for tent campers/RVers on the exterior of the building that I was next to and it was clogged and full of water and pieces of food. I stuck it out in this park for 11 days (out of 30 I paid for) and the clogged sink was never fixed. It smelled pretty badly and it was just plain gross.

The maintenance guy is constantly using a gas weed eater and mows rocks and weeds "all day long" ...it's incredibly noisy ...especially when you're trying to cook dinner on the outside grill in the evening or peacefully enjoy the scenery in the background. He uses the gas weed eater all day long and into the early evening hours. It's just awful and terribly noisy. And unfortunately, it doesn't even look any better because he never picks any of the weeds up. It's very odd.

They impose a multitude of rules and then break them themselves which I thought was very bizarre. The park is very uncomfortable and when I finally had enough of the conditions and said that I wanted to leave, they proudly refused any refund whatsoever for my site ...and also for the dry storage that I reserved not knowing the how these people do business.

It makes sense that they refuse to refund your money upon request because they would probably be out of business. Needless to say it was a very disappointing stay and I had to leave two weeks early, leaving over $500 on the table, which should have been refunded considering the conditions.

Keep moving past this place, I cannot in good conscience recommend this RV Park. I was so very disappointed in the site conditions and the managements unethical refund policy. There policy is "no refunds for any reason" ...no matter what! Go to any other RV park in Williams, AZ and save yourself from misery. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $45.00

This is our 2nd stay here. Nice place to stay if you are in the area and staff are friendly and escort you to your site. Location is easy access to and from I-40. We will be back. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

42 end of row

Downtown Williams has several restaurants and cafes. Red Raven restaurant has good food & service. Old style Western "shootout" nightly. Williams is on Route 66 and close to the Grand Canyon. Brewery in Williams is a good place for a beer & pizza very nice and laid back.

Featured Campgrounds Near The Canyon Motel & RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $48.00

WIFI and Verizon coverage was fine. Utilities were fine too. Convenient to I-40 but no highway noise noticed. Office is well-staffed with at least two friendly ladies always present. Another worker to escort you to your site. They made train reservations for us. We extended our stay 2 days while there, which they were able to accommodate without moving us. Not "in town" but a 5 minute drive or bike ride to Williams. 4 laundry machines which worked well. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Well-stocked Safeway in Williams. After trying several restaurants, the only one to recommend is the Red Raven - very good food and service. Take the train to the Grand Canyon - the luxury parlor car (if you don't have kids with you) is worth the extra cost. The hotel operates a dog kennel. There is a hiking trail up Bill Williams mountain to the fire-spotter tower on top, or drive the rutted dirt fire road up, and say hi to Fred on duty there, who may invite you up to take in the view.

Lke

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $40.00

The sites are easy to get in and out of and are level. The bath house and laundry were a little inconvenient because of parking. I had to drive because of my laundry load, but still had to carry quite a ways. Oh, don’t use the change machine - go to the office. If it doesn’t work, you don’t get refunded. WiFi was good mostly. Verizon was good all over this area. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Food is expensive in Williams.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $41.00

Rate reflects taxes and $3 additional charge for 50A. Maintenance monitors what amperage you are using. Staff was helpful and friendly. Camp store was well stocked. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

One hour to the South Entrance of Grand Canyon. Gentlemen at the Visitors' Center were very helpful and friendly. Lots of Rt 66 memorabilia. Easy drive to Seligman on old Rt 66.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $53.00

Very nice & helpful staff. We asked to stay 2 more nights on the day we were supposed to leave. They were going to be almost full, but let us stay in our site. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Williams AZ is a cute town to check out. We had an excellent meal at Pine Country Restaurant in Williams. The Grand Canyon is 45 minutes away. Flagstaff is 30 minutes away.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $46.00

Making the reservation was quick and easy. We arrived late, but were greeted very pleasantly. The park is spacious and full service with pull through sites. The staff was so nice to meet and talk with. This is a very nice place to stay. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $45.00

This is a very nice park, with friendly staff, good hookups, and fairly level and spacious gravel spaces. It may be the nicest RV park in the Grand Canyon area. The problem, and it's a big one, is that it is plastered with signs telling you what you can't do- mainly to stop, park, or otherwise linger in front of the office, in front of the train cars, and most of all, not in front of the restrooms and laundry. Signs, often several repetitious ones in the same place, are EVERYWHERE. Let it be understood that I am a follower of rules. Always. We are unfailingly considerate of others wherever we stay. However, the night during the week when the park was half empty and it was after 9 p.m. and raining, I let my husband stop in front of the laundromat- designated of course as a no parking area-and wait for me in the car while I ran inside to retrieve our laundry from the dryer- a task that took less than two minutes. The alternative was to walk from our RV or park down the hill and walk up to the laundry in the dark and the rain over uneven ground. In the time I was inside, a security guard faced off with our car in a cart with a strobe light blinding us to tell us an alarm had gone off indicating we had gone the wrong way on a one-way road. He asked if we had been told all the streets were one-way so he could write up any employee who had not informed us. He was pleasant but the whole episode left us feeling like the park is a prison camp, albeit a nice one. It is for this reason that if I returned to the area, I would stay somewhere else. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Be sure to take the Grand Canyon Railway trip to the Grand Canyon. There is a good Safeway in Williams for grocery shopping.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $48.00

This park is very well laid out and most sites are pull thru trash and recycling receptacles are convenient staff was friendly and it is near I 40 perfect overnight spot also a convenient spot to visit the Grand Canyon. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $48.00

Very clean campground, check in staff was nice, but that was it, lots of rules, had to unhook my sewer until the last day because the hose could not sit on the ground. Asked for a late check out,$5.00 each half an hour for 2 hours then pay for another night. Had a friend coming up to ride with us, asked if we could pay for them to park and ad them to our site and pay for them for the day. Were told there was no parking but could rent a full space for the day. Plenty of parking out front. Stopped at the office for a minute truck running wife in passenger seat. got screamed at to move my truck. Spots are level for rig to sit on but once you step out grab something because the pad drops quick. I had high hopes for this campground in the beginning was great but felt nickel and dimed and like I was back in boot camp after that. We will not return again! We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

We like this campground when in the Williams area, one of the nicer ones available, however as stated before a level campsite is difficult to find. The ones in the very back row, lower west end and middle to rows towards the west side are pretty level. Upper ones are not level. The office staff were friendly and helpful and the young man that took us to our site was very nice and helpful. They have lots of rules, but not unrealistic. Most make sense like, speed in the park, noise hours, sewer regulations and the like. I thought they were very nice people, very helpful and respectful. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Don't eat at Miss Kitty's, it wasn't very good and very expensive. Service was good, food not real good. Lots to see in the area and it is close to the Grand Canyon and to Flagstaff. Bearazona is worth the the visit and take some of the drives suggested in the brochure, very interesting.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Don't kid yourself by reading previous reviews. This place is a dump! I challenge you to find a level campsite. All sites are not just gravel but sharp stones that are not friendly to pet paws. My dog had an experience with a sharp stone while walking. I was advised to ues the forested area behind the last row of campers to walk the dog. That area has to be accessed by climbing a small block fence then the field is littered with burrs. Sorry, I think more of my pet than to take her there. You'd think they could at least mow the campsite areas of all the weeds that are everywhere. My encounter with the front desk lady was not pleasant. I requested to stay a little past the 11 am checkout time because my next site for the grand canyon train and rv resort would not be ready till 1 pm. I was told I would have to pay a late checkout fee even though the next occupant would not be able to check in till 1 pm. I said I would leave immediately if the next person showed up. She said fees would apply so I told her I'd rather park on the street for 2 hours than stay there. I've been on an 8000+ mile trip and stayed at many RV parks. This one is really close to being at the bottom of the list. If I were you, I'd drive to Flagstaff and stay at the Walmart parking lot before paying to stay at this dump!!! We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

As the other reviews mention, this park has a lot of rules. However....the reason for the rules is clearly posted on the documentation (foreign visitors who are first-timers in a USA RV park). None of the rules seem unreasonable either. Park is dirt and gravel, which makes for a dusty stay. Many of the sites are sloped to the patio side, which makes sitting outside either uncomfortable or impossible. These sites need to be graded properly and posts/framing installed to make them truly level and terraced (as some already are...) The most level sites are the pull-throughs up front (Sites 0-5) and the sites on the west perimeter (6-14). The rest are hit and miss for being level. Not a deal-breaker in our view, but be aware. Staff are friendly and escort you to your site. I didn't care much for the actual parking guidance but that may be helpful to others. Location is easy access to/from I-40 and only minimal noise from trains at night. We will be back. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Downtown Williams is fun. Plenty of restaurants and cafes and there is an Old West style "shootout" nightly around 7pm on West Rte 66 between 3rd and 4th St.

Featured Campgrounds Near The Canyon Motel & RV Park

Are you affiliated with The Canyon Motel & RV Park ?