Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park)

Yuma, Arizona

5510 E 32nd St
Yuma, Arizona 85365

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • 55+ Only 55+ Only yes
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $25.00

For the most part, this was an excellent RV park. Sites were large with plenty of space for parking a vehicle next to your camper. Activities included shuffleboard, curling, bocce ball, putting green, pickle ball and a pool. All were in top notch condition. The water in the pool and hot tub was crystal clear. Hosts were very helpful and residents were friendly. Dish satellite TV, Verizon MiFi and AT&T cell phones all worked well here. Only problem with this park was the road noise at night. I swear, it never stopped - even at 3 am. Usually, this doesn't bother us, but it was so loud, it kept us both awake. Hopefully, it's quieter in the back of the park. We were at the beginning of the row and pretty close to the road. If we stay here again, we'll ask for a spot at the back of the park. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $32.00

This is a typical long stay park for the area that takes short term and overnight travelers. The park grounds and facilities are kept clean and in good repair. It was ok for a short stop over while in the Yuma area. Other than that it would be unfair for me to say much more, because I'm just not crazy about the whole area. Value was good for the area. It's about a 5 mile drive to downtown Yuma from the park. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $14.00

Nice park. Power good, water. over the air TV reception good. Verizon and Mifi good. Good location as in the middle of area for touring. Close to Arizona Market place. The reason for the #7 was the traffic noise was bad. The location is on 32nd st (Business 8) there is also train noise but not bad. Our site was close to street maybe if it was in the middle. Even during the day it was hard to sit outside. It never let up at night. Our neighbors didn't seem to mind the noise. If you sensitive to noise this park may not work for you. The park is very nice and clean. Pickleball park, curling, shuffleboard. Hot tub and swimming pool very clean. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $47.00

Only spent two nights here but really liked our stay. One of few Yuma parks with some tree shade. Friendly staff and snowbirds. Nice laundry facility. Easy in and out of space and park. Just on city outskirts. GPS will get you lost, look for exit 12 on east side of city, you want frontage road on south side of Hwy 8. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Travel Trailer.

Patio

First timers need to call office and they will guide you right in, turn off GPS.

4 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park)

lmg

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $16.00

This used to be a year round Passport America campground and was a great bargain for a night or two while passing through Yuma. They are under new management and the nightly rates have gone up to over $40.00 - $50.00 per night in season. They do offer a good monthly rate which we used. They have added lots of amenities - pool, pickle ball and shuffleboard. Nice location right off a canal walking trail. Sites are gravel with cement patios. No wifi (yes, the website says there is wifi but it did not work for the 25 days we stayed in the park). No picnic tables. The park is smaller than some of the other parks in Yuma which makes it easy to maneuver. We will stay here again in our motorhome only if the weekly rates are reduced to be comparable to other smaller parks in the area. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $47.00

I am adding this review in order to give other travelers a heads up on the price. We have stayed at Arizona Sands several times as we were traveling to CA and have a friend here in Yuma. So when we were coming by again, I called and made a reservation for our usual two nights. The lady told me that they were no longer Arizona Sands and had been bought out and were now Blue Sky RV Ranch. That should have been my warning right there to be more attentive but familiarity with Arizona Sands and their pricing lulled me into the trap. I gave her my credit card and assumed all would go well. When we arrived at the park, the lady told me my balance was $46.84 and that my card had already been charged $46.84 (and that was with a Good Sam's discount as no Passport America discount permitted right now). I was shocked to hear this and when I questioned her, she said it had been bought out and was now Blue Sky. We paid for the two nights at $46.84 per night but we will never stay here again (which we told her and asked that she pass this on to the new owners so they would understand when their pass-through business dropped)...this is highway robbery for this area. So, pass-through travelers who need only a night or two, warning given...look further!!!!! We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $25.00

This is an adult-only CG. $25 daily price reflects monthly rate "special offer". Yuma has dozens of RV parks/resorts ranging from upscale resorts to veritable dumps. This CG is clean, well maintained with neater, permanent clientele than others we observed. There are lots of snowbirds but still plenty of available sites. Access by I-8, exit 7 to Business 8 (32nd street) west, a 4 lane road in excellent condition. Staff is friendly and helpful. Credit cards accepted. No tent camping/yurts or cabins. CG roads are packed gravel, wide with gentle turns in good condition. No overhead obstacles. FHU-20/30/50. Most sites are all angled, back-in, token landscaping, all gravel, level with pedestal at rear of each site. Sewer connection is 3", unthreaded and just above ground level. Tight space between sites; room for your toad or tow vehicle but up against your neighbor's rig. Concrete patio but no picnic tables. Excellent satellite views. Fires not permitted. Adequate water pressure with a "salty" taste. No office store. New restrooms/showers are small, clean (grade B, long walk from RV sites). No propane sales but local delivery is available or U-Haul in downtown Yuma ($3.09+tax this date). Laundry. No playground. No cable TV. Free Wi-Fi but unreliable and very limited bandwidth. Verizon coverage at "4-bars"; Jetpack 4G coverage at "5-bars". New pool and spa. Putting green, curling, pickle ball court. Rec room has TV/DVR and a hodge-podge of aged exercise equipment. No sauna or game room. Notable road and railroad noise. Limited recycle bins. Bug Report: no insect issues in January. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Patio

Yuma is a retirement and snowbird community; USMC air station, International airport, many restaurants, auto dealerships, 2 Walmarts, Albertson's grocery, diesel between $2.329 (debit only) and $2.599, 2 movie theaters, no Camping World but other RV dealerships and parts stores. VA outpatient clinic. Churches. Big 5 Sporting Goods, Sears, O'Reilly's auto parts, Autozone, fast food restaurants.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $35.00

This is the former Arizona Sands RV Park. I had contacted Blue Sky RV Park (Sister park) they were full, but recommended that I call here. Didn't realize that this is a 55+ park until I saw the sign when I arrived. It was no problem for us to stay here even though we are a few years from 55! Must be lots of new amenities since new ownership has taken over(Arizona Sands reviews were not that great). I felt that it needed to be updated with the new name! My wife and I stayed for a few days on our way thru. Extremely professional personnel from our first phone call, dealing with the camp host after a late night arrival and getting settled in! Pedestal along the rear of the site next to the water spigot. The sewer connection is about at the midpoint along the site. A tight fit between the sewer connection riser and the patio made this a little challenging to get backed in, but the host was there to help through the whole process. There was ample space to park my TV along with our car. Plenty of bars on my Verizon phone, good data speed on my Verizon Mi-Fi, I had marginal service on the park wi-fi (nothing new there)! Looks to be a fairly new fenced in Dog Park with green grass and a wash station (Very nice)! The pool and Spa were very clean and the temperature was great. I never did look in the bathrooms to see what they were like. Laundry area, very neat and clean, washers were $1.50 dryers were $1.00 (bring quarters). If there is any negative about this park it would be the occasional noise from aircraft and the nearby HWY (32nd St). What do you expect for being next to a Marine Air Base! I would definitely stay here again if in the area, the staff alone was second to none! We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Patio

Be sure to check out the Territorial Prison and for Mexican food be sure to dine at El Charro Cafe on 8th St.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $17.00

PA rate of $16.50 plus tax = $18 for one night. Great rate at a decent place for us to stop while traveling through Yuma. We had a pull thru and it was just big enough for our 37' MH, Jeep and bike rack to fit without unhooking anything. Grassy dog park was a nice surprise. There is also a dog walk behind the park that we didn't use. Nice people in the office. Would stay here again if passing through. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $25.00

Price includes an additional $5.00 charge for electricity. I've never encountered that before on an overnight stay.

My biggest issue is wi-fi. If it's advertised, it should be available and fast. I can't attest to the speed because I couldn't even get connected. If I had, it would have cost another $4.00 a day.

Lots of full timers, not a lot of rooms between spaces, gravel, small concrete patios. I can't imagine spending more than one night here. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $33.00

We actually stayed at this RV park in January, but that month was not available on the selection list. The park was dog friendly and good. It is not within walking distance of much of anything, but is a short drive from a lot of grocery stores, restaurants, movie theaters, and more. The Mexico border is a bit further. Los Algadones Mexico and all of the inexpensive dentists is just a bit further drive.
The grey/black water drain hose on my RV works at all other parks, but wad too large to fit the dump pipe at our site. We had to pull over to another parking site to dump before we left. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Two large grocery stores in Yuma have quite a bit of organic food. Go west on 32nd street (in front of the park). After a ways this street will curve toward the north. One store will be on the right while the other will be some distance on the left (just past a stop light). Ask the manager.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $18.00

We stopped here for an overnight on the way home. This park is on the old route 80 and it is very busy. All night. Big trucks. The sites are hard to back into. The patios are thin concrete and so you have to be careful to avoid driving over them. And the sewer is in the middle of the back of the space. Unless you have a short rig you will need to be on one side of it. This makes for tight back up tolerances.

But if you do not care about the noise this is a good value at 18 bucks. We do care about the noise and will find some place quieter next time we stay in Yuma. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Patio

Go to Famous Daves for BBQ. Yum.

lmg

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $33.00

Paved roads and gravel sites with 10 trees scattered throughout the park. There are many snow birds who stay the season but we were able to get a site for two weeks in early March. Sites are at an angle making it easy to back in. Good space between sites. There is a clubhouse but no other amenities which seems typical in many Yuma parks. The staff is not well trained and checking in took about 25 minutes. Maybe this was a fluke. Everything is clean and well maintained. No cable but wifi was good. Will stay here again. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $33.00

Park is okay for an overnight stop. Level sites, good washrooms, no cable, and WiFi is extra. When we checked in under Passport America we found WiFi would cost extra and there was an extra cost for electricity (hence our daily rate of $33). In our opinion both should have been provided for in the paid rate since they are advertised as "included". Bottom line this is an "a-la-carte" park in my opinion. We would likely boondock on nearby BLM Land if in the area again. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $33.00

Overall clean park with good hookups. Lots of park models and permanent RV's in park. Good one day stopover while passing through. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) ?