5.9 Average

Sikanni River Campground & RV Park

Pink Mountain, British Columbia

Mile 162 Alaska Hwy
Pink Mountain, British Columbia V0C 2B0

• Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Electric (30 AMP) Electric (30 AMP) yes
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Beach Beach ?

Ask fellow campers about "Sikanni River Campground & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $30.00

Stopped at this CG after none available at Pink Mountain. Limited number of pull through sites, that left about four feet between RV's with slides out. Utilities at center of site. Numerous back-in sites with utilities at back of site. A few sites next to the river. Power is supplied by onsite generator with voltage @ 118v and steady. Water supply is via a potable water truck. Entrance road and some sites would be muddy if wet. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

FHU Pull Through

If heading north toward Dawson Creek, get fuel at Pink Mountain.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $31.00

First thing...this CG does NOT match the description found in MILE POST. The host is surly. Laundry and Restrooms are closed, out of service. The entrance to the CG is at the bottom of a long 9% downgrade. One class A that came in after we did had brakes smoking. There is no fuel here if you need it, stop at the top of the grade at Pink Mountain Summit. There are three (3) full hookup sites, pull thru, side by side and no wiggle room. With my slides open my utility stanchion was under the slide on the left side and the utility stanchion for the site on my right was under the edge of my slide on that side. There are several back-in sites with power and water, but they are in a large pot-holed, mud pit of a parking lot, really rough...used to call lots like this one "tank traps". We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Poor Conditions

Fuel could be a problem here. The CG site says they have fuel. They don't and once you leave here, northbound, the next fuel is Fort Nelson, 140 miles. That's 300 miles from Dawson Creek. Pink Mountain Summit has fuel, 16 miles south of the CG.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $33.00

Sikanni River & RV Park Mile 162 Alaska Highway This campground is the pits, the owner is a bit strange upon check in, and shady also, the listed price on the sign out front was for $30 with electric, but he had seen we had a large motor home and charged us 42 Canadian, I just paid it, If confronted I am positive he would of had some answer. I asked for and received site 24; it's large enough for us and right on the river. the 1/2 dozen open sites he has are large enough for a 45 foot RV I walked around the park, the rest rooms are old and very dirty; I personally would not step foot in them, I opened the door only. the power, what a joke! it went from 87 volts to 117 volts, a real A/C unit killer and other equipment (I have an auto transformer to boost the voltage. It is the only reason I could get anything off his system. just dry camp and you will be better off), not sure about the water, we did not even use it, as we had our own, we did dump here at a dump station. This park for sure is a mud hole when it rains. Basically this campground is a man camp. The "full hookups" sites are side by side, with trailers that have been sitting for a while. We did not have any trouble here, but I cannot give it a good rating, its an off the road place to spend the night.. try for site 24, its the best of the lot. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

24 on the water

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $32.00

Stayed twice, on our way up to Alaska and on homeward bound trip. Rain both stays but the host was friendly and the site was adequate for an overnight. One of the only places in Canada with good wifi. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sikanni River Campground & RV Park

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $24.00

Had a pull through, dirt and gravel site. Needed a 1 inch board to level side to side. Electricity only. There was a picnic table and fire pit. Beautiful view of the Sikanni Chief River; the river was about 20 yards from our spot. Good spot to stop for a night. Some highway noise, but not bad. This is an old campground that needs lots of work, but it was fine for one night. The beautiful location made up for the campground. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

We were impressed by the service we received here -- we tried to stay at a campground about 15 miles before reaching this one but was told it was full. The front desk person then offered to take us to there sister campground and lead the way in his pick-up. When we got there we were greeted by a friendly front-desk person and were assigned an electric only site right near the river. The site took some work to level off but it was fine for a night. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $31.00

This is a small campground situated on the Sikanni River (IMMEDIATELY after the Sikanni River bridge when traveling northbound). There are 30 sites, 14 are 30amp EWS with 3 being pull-through. The EWS sites are side-by-side-by-side. There are 10 x 15amp E only sites. Electricity is powered by generator and is 24/7, however it is questionable if full 30 and 15 amps are provided. IMHO, site #24 is the nicest as it is riverside. All sites have a picnic table and fire ring. There are 3 cabins, as well as wooded and open tent sites. Water fills and sani dump are free for registered campers, otherwise it is $5 for a dump and $20 for a water fill. Their 'store' only carries pop, water, chips, and ice cream; no food items. Satellite radio reception is decent, but there is no radio, cell phone, TV, or satellite TV reception. WiFi, even with an extender is ridiculously slow. There is a small playground in a grassy area. Though close to the AlCan, traffic noise is minimal and does not disrupt one's sleep. There is a laundry room with one washer and one dryer. While the 2 shower rooms are old, they appeared clean. $31.50 Cdn (tx in) for E only. Fuel is no longer available, however 20 km south at Pink Mountain and 20 km north at Bucking Hose River Lodge, gas, diesel, and propane are available. My rating of 7/10 is because of the elctric not being as advertised and the slow wifi, otherwise my rating would have been 910 for site # 24. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Covered Forested

site # 24 is riverside and far from the generator The two water spigots are on either side of the sani-dump, so you may wish to spray the faucet with Javex before attaching your fresh water hose.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

This campground is in a beautiful location, right on the river. I'm sure it would be a lovely rv park if it wasn't pouring down rain - it is a muddy mess! We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $42.00

Park is in a nice setting with riverside location and trees. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had just watered the roads for dust control but not a problem. We experienced no problems with electricity and the park now has Wi-Fi throughout and it worked well at our site. Was advised prior to arrival to make payment in cash if that's a problem for anyone. We would consider staying here again. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $36.00

We stayed here because there was nothing else available nearby and we were exhausted. The campground is a dirt parking lot essentially. Currently it's full with resident gas field workers. The grounds are dirty, with trash, cigarette butts, doggy poop at our door. Spots are very tight. We paid $36 for 15 amp service. No other utilities available. The sign said $35 but I guess the managers decided on an extra dollar on the spur of the moment. To cut down on the dust, they had a water truck pour some water on the driveway so that made a nice muddy mess. Would not stay here again. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $20.00

We stayed in this campground in June and August, we arrived and asked for a full hook up site at a cost of over $40. However, this campground generates its own power and our EMS found the power lacking so we asked for a refund. When asked if we had a generator, we were offered a dry camping spot right along the river for $10.50 which we took. We did not use the bathhouse or wifi and unsure if they have a laundry. When we returned in August, the same dry camping spot was double in price. The reasoning was that big rigs use lots of water. Huh? We were dry camping and the only thing we did was put a bag of trash in the dumpster. The advertisements along the highway advertise fuel availability at this campground but they no longer sell fuel so plan accordingly. We would not stay here again. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $30.00

$30 for a poorly maintained, very muddy, 20A electric and water only pull-thru. Office, fence, grass, and playground look great from the road, but looks are about it. Best sites filled with long-term RVs and there is constant truck noise all night because the entire region is in the midst of a shale-gas drilling boom. Stayed here the night after being here in another nice CG and the contrast couldn't have been greater. Would not stay here again or recommend. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $30.00

Campground runs on generator so electricity is not one of their strong points. Location is. Rate shown is for electric only site. We camped right next to the river. Lovely couple owns the campground. Would not even consider driving into the Pink Mountain Campsite, looked very rough from the road. Sikanni is only another 20 miles or so north on the Alaska Hwy. WiFi is available but only on the front porch at the office/store. Our second visit and would stay here again. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $35.00

The first impression was a lack of cleanliness. Some sites it turns out are better than others and our site unfortunately had a 15 amp service and no view. The circuit breaker tripped as soon as the microwave was turned on. I went to the office to ask for the location of the breaker panel and was directed to a box in the trees behind site #5. I reset the breaker which was very loose and tried another appliance in the 5th wheel. The breaker tripped again. Tired and wet and with no help around I ran a power cord extension to an adjacent site that had a 20 amp service rather than the15 amp on my site which was #14. That worked fine. The manager finally came by to tell me he reset the 15 amp breaker and when I informed him it had tripped a second time and I had connected to a nearby empty site he did not look pleased and simply went off. Shortly after I went to pay the overnight fee and had my dogs with me on leashes. I got a tongue lashing for not having obeyed the "no dogs in front of the store" sign which I had not seen as it faced the highway and not the camping area. I found management very unfriendly and not particularly helpful. Add to that a dirty campsite with a distinct septic tank odor where we were leads me to not recommend a stay in the future. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $35.00

Rate shown includes tax and is for a full hookup 20 amp site. Our site was a good, fairly level gravel back-in. Not much space between the full hookup sites, but lucky for us this section was not full. Most of the sites with a river view had more space, but had power only. The mosquitoes and other biting insects were not that bad in the open areas. No TV unless you had a satellite dish. Park had Wi-Fi, but it was usable only near the store. The store offers ice cream treats and cheap phone cards. I would come here again as it is more peaceful than some of the campgrounds in the larger communities on the Alaska highway. We camped at Sikanni River Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sikanni River Campground & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Sikanni River Campground & RV Park ?