6 Average

West Vancouver, British Columbia

295 Tomahawk Ave
West Vancouver, British Columbia V7P 1C5

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Capilano River RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $65.00

Camped in a 35" motorhome. We are self contained so cannot comment on restrooms/shower facilities. Stayed in site #14. No other options in area. Pros - - Very convenient to Stanley Park, Capillano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain. - Level site Cons - - Similar to a KOA - spaces extremely close together. - Concrete heaven. - Our electrical box had wires that were reversed and they had to repair it - didn't take that long and they were happy to help. - Expensive We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

We loved this park, yes it is tight and crowded, we're 37' long, but look where you are! Walking distance to so much. The Park Royal Mall and the fabulous Black Forest Deli. You can see the Lions Gate Bridge and walk over it if you'd like! This is West Vancouver, you are close to everything. Laundry was impeccable and the folks at the front desk were lovely, especially after I told them how much we enjoyed it, they were beaming! Beautiful Capilano River behind, go for a walk and watch the Great Blue Herons fishing! We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Hit the Black Forest Deli, walking distance from the RV park in the Park Royal, a true deli, fabulous cold cuts and sausages, breads, cheeses and everything European! Chocolate!;)

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $58.00

For a good location within the big city you pay quite a bit, but as might be expected, the campground is densely packed. Paved roads were easy to navigate. Our grassy site was level and shaded by a couple of large trees, but only barely large enough for our 38' MH and car. Water, sewer, and electricity hookups were located at the back of the site, requiring an extension on our sewer hose. WiFi was inconsistent and slow. We did not use the bathrooms. Laundry was nice but a bit expensive. The price here is pretty high, and we felt it was not a very good value for what we paid. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Motorhome.

Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $35.00

This RV Park is modest and has reasonable facilities. It is slightly remote whilst still being relatively close to the city. If you need to be near the city then this place works. The people at the front desk are not very welcoming or helpful but it performs a function as a place to park your RV. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Motorhome.

There is a large shopping mall within walking distance and there are facilities including places to eat and drink at the Mall.

Featured Campgrounds Near Capilano River RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

Be careful with gps directions getting there,we turned one too early and took our 60 foot rig for a quick tour of Lions Gate Bridge and downtown Vancouver! Made it back okay. There is a large post and beam structure at entrance to cg marked for 13'6" height but it is actually taller. My ac measures almost exactly 13'6" and we cleared by a few inches so no issue. The lady at the desk was very nice to work with and explained directions and park amenities that were not in service because it is March and cold still. She explained in advance that the site would be tight with our rig but I expected as such because of our research. We are there for location. Very close to downtown and relatives living on the north shore. Short walk to Park Royal Mall and everything you will ever need in the way of shopping. Walking trails are across the bridge from the park and most are pet friendly with an off leash area as well. The park was very clean and all staff I talked to were great. Propane refill onsite and the laundry was spotless. Common area TV was on while we did laundry which was great. The site was close to our neighbours but not terrible. Level concrete pad to park on and good water pressure with 30 amp power. We enjoyed our 7 day stay and would go back absolutely. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A nice walk to all the shopping at Park Royal Mall across the river. Village Taphouse Pub was great and the Whole Foods store across the street had a fantastic deli section with hot and cold choices which really helped with meals. Ambleside Park trail is also across the river and is pet friendly and off leash for sections. Beautiful walk beside the ocean!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $65.00

I hated this park, but will try to be fair. Pros: Nice pool, good location, nice lounge near pool (I'm sitting in it), clean grounds. Cons: Overpriced, no wifi except by office, kinda hard to find (definitely take truck route Hwy 1 as others have said), office staff to busy to care, sites are ridiculously close together. All we can see out any window is another RV wall. Can't put out awning; had to put vaseline on rig to get it in. Had to park partly off the concrete cab to avoid neighbors awning when we deployed slides. This ain't camping. It would almost be better to park the rig and get get a hotel than stay here. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $70.00

I like this campground. Certainly, it is close to everything. However, the traffic in Vancouver is HORRIBLE - so even close proximity to central Van is no guarantee of an easy drive. The campsites are VERY close together. I could not put my awning out all the way. But, the sites are level and the utilities are stable. There is a playground and pool, which my 5 yo daughter appreciated. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I had some problems with my propane valve, and a staff member helped me and referred me to an RV parts store so I could fix the problem myself. I would stay here again - I just wish access to the Seabus was easier so I could cross Burrard inlet faster to be in the heart of the city. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Grass

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $63.00

We received a warm welcome, even though we arrived an hour early. The advantage of this RV campground is that it is close to Stanley Park and central Vancouver, just over the Lions Gate Bridge. Other than that, the campgound is overall Ok, but not great.

The grounds and many sites seem old but the office, laundry and rec. room are quite nice. The pool looked nice too and people were using it. There are a smattering of long term sites, some of which need some TLC but we had no issues with them.

We did not notice the traffic noise at our site. There are numerous tent sites on the eastern loop. The RV sites are narrow and my truck had to go into the grass a bit to back the trailer in. Although we unhooked, we did not have to do so. There was plenty of length for my tt and truck.

If you have to be close to Vancouver on the north side, this cg is well situated. We didnt like navigating the awful traffic to get across the bridge to VC, but thats about the only reason we would not choose come back. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Grass
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Walk or drive over the Lions Gate Bridge to get to Stanley Park. Great views on the bridge. Park Royal Mall is a short walk away. The mall is huge! Milestone restaurant, at the far west side of the mall, had great food, a full bar, nice ambiance and excellent service.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $70.00

Packed in like sardines. We were next to a HUGE 5th wheel that left us with about 2 feet between their slide out and our trailer. We couldn't even put our awning out. The sites are so close together. Wifi is terrible. Don't even waste your time with it. The kids liked the pool. The laundry is a racket at $2.50 for wash, $2.50 for dry. We couldn't wait to get out of here. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

The only good thing is the proximity to downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $65.00

First of all, DO NOT drive your RV through Vancouver to get to this park. Take the Truck Customs border crossing if coming from the U.S. and then 176th St to the Trans Canada Highway West. Use Capilano St. exit and follow the signs. Although we came in this way, we also came in a different way when we got close to the park and making a hard left into the park with the 40 ft RV and tow is almost impossible...except somehow my husband managed it without damaging the tow. The park is tight between sites but we had no problem putting out our slides and still having some room. The park is easy to navigate with a big rig. The road was wide and paved so backing in was easy and sites were level/concrete. There was enough room for the RV and tow at our site. They have a nice off leash dog park, which we appreciated. The pool looked very nice but we did not use it. "Grass" between sites was a little long but no big deal. A mall is right down the street for convenience and getting into Vancouver is simple over the Lions Gate Bridge...just a few minutes. But traffic is heavy in this area, so be prepared when getting in and out of the park. The park does have some noise because it is close to the on ramp of the Lions Gate Bridge, but it was quieter over night. Otherwise the park is quiet with the people staying here. I don't usually use the park's wifi but since I didn't want to pay for data from the U.S. I did. The wifi on my phone worked well but I rarely got my laptop to connect. Price is higher but that's Canada and its location to the city. We would stay here again. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $48.00

We only planned on staying 1 night but ended up staying 2. Park is right next to freeway but surprisingly, not that noisy. The showers were clean. The laundry was a little pricey. $2.50 (CAD) for the washing machine and $2.50 (CAD) for the dryer, could get expensive if you had a lot of washing. Free Wi-Fi was EXCELLENT! The grass on the lots was not mowed so a little long in places. They are replacing the paving in a lot of sites so they are unavailable. We booked a specific site, but when she booked us in and sent us to the site, someone else was already there!! Booked us into another site. Overall a nice place to stay :) We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $63.00

Ever played Tetris? With your RV slideouts? This is likely what you'll have to do here. The sites are so close to one another that I didn't see anyone able to fully extend their slideout in the 6 days we were there. There was about 4 inches between my slideout and the neighbor's and neither of them were fully extended. Good thing I had a friendly neighbor.
Granted you're camping in the city, but an extra feet wide would be welcomed.
There is a propane fill up service available on site, but not on Sundays! There is no mention anywhere that this service is unavailable on Sundays. We got stuck having to refill our propane tanks at a Husky about 15 minutes away.
On the plus side, you're close to everything, grocery, restaurant, shopping mall within walking distance. Lions Gate Bridge is literally over the campground, so you can cross it and be in Stanley Park. We would recommend if what is important is being close to Vancouver. Would likely stay there again. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Picnic Table, Patio

GPS directions can be misleading. The campground is literally under the Lions Gate Bridge, GPS will likely lead you on the on-ramp to the bridge. Management is aware of this, but no mention of it on their website. I suggest looking at an online map before and/or manually selecting a route ahead of time. Crossing the Lions Gate Bridge in rush hour and then having to find enough room among all the one-way streets to make a u-turn can be a bit stressful.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $50.00

Location, Location, Location... bike to downtown or take the bus. Sites are narrow so sometimes you can't fully extend awnings but park has nice atmosphere. Lots of families here. The pool is nice and many people do use it. Some noise from the bridge traffic but nothing major. Price is high for the size of site but since you have no other park around... pay and don't look back...

Park Royal mall just across the street. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Motorhome.

You can bike on a bike trail over the bridge all the way downtown

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $42.00

This camp is all about location. Situated on the north side of the Lion's Gate bridge, we biked over the bridge and your right in Stanley Park-Vancouver. You can easily bike around the whole downtown area from here. Sites are narrow, but your not staying here to enjoy the park. They have an indoor hot tub that was nice and clean. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Stayed here 3 nights. Would recommend it. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $66.00

Reviews of how narrow the sites are not lying. Our awning can only go half way out and we had to have employee move neighbors awning on other side so we can get our slide out (he grumbled about why they let wide rigs in the park). When I called for reservations, I was told the 50 amp had more space...NOT TRUE. There are mostly permanents in the 50 amp area so you will be packed in. 30 amp rows, while still a lot of perms, had more open spaces, so you might not have someone next to you. If you have a 5th wheel with slides, best bet is to get next to a Class C (which again means getting 30 amps). We cut down our stay here as we will be getting claustrophobic soon. We camped at Capilano River RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Capilano River RV Park

Are you affiliated with Capilano River RV Park ?