5.2 Average

31540 Ridge Route Rd
Castaic, California 91384

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Castaic Lake RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2019 - $50.00

Very nice pool, hot tub, bathrooms, store, and laundry. 90% full timers with usual patio furniture. Temp spots are near entrance which makes them a little noisy. You can hear the highway and the exit is popular with semis. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $54.00

90% full time residents, pretty cool coaches in some sites and the mix was mostly clean, well kept sites with very cool art in a few. Staff was so friendly and they had a free barbecue they invited everyone to, really nice touch. I read the other reviews and have to say while they may have had some truth to them, for the most part they got it wrong, everyone was extremely friendly and everybody waved as they passed or said hello. The pool was great with a large Jacuzzi and the grounds were nice and well kept. Just my opinion, but the place was just fine and quiet, and I would stay here again. We choose this place because it was near a hike we had on our bucket list. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fish Canyon Narrows about 10 miles away that we would recommend if you like to hike.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

We stayed here one week in July 2016 and could not wait to leave. Permanent residents' units for the most part were trashy, a few had done some "landscaping" to try to improve their sites, but the overall atmosphere was shabby and cluttered. No standards of cleanliness were enforced. Some units had decrepit add-ons. Sewer odors were obvious as we walked around the park. We quickly found another park in Valencia and moved with great relief. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $40.00

Stay away from Castaic RV park in Castaic CA, north of Los Angeles. We made reservations for their park a few days ago. Finding reservations on short notice is hard since we have a 44ft RV and dogs. We arrive around 12 pm, checkout is 11. There is someone in our spot, that we requested. The girl working said her dad would move the other trailer. I'm waiting for confirmation, my boyfriend comes in and asks what's going on. She explains and he says OK and goes back to wait in the car with our pets, in the heat. 45 minutes later they haven't moved it, we are still waiting. We call and the girl says her dad is going to move it soon. 15 minutes later he comes out and says he's refusing us service because we are rude. Literally we waited an hour in the heat, had already paid and it was not easy finding another park. Not to mention the park itself is garbage. Tons of full timers there with trash and gross setups outside their rigs. Almost no amenities and beyond rude staff. I'm not normally one to write this sort of stuff but absolutely horrible!!! STAY AWAY. We thankfully got a spot at another park. Albeit more expensive but much nicer, full hookups, nice staff and tons of amenities. I'll say it again: stay away from Castaic rv park! We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

T7

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Castaic Lake RV Park

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $50.00

Mostly all full time customers, only looked like about 15 sites were for travelers. Was OK for our purposes to visit family in Ventura as due to the fires this was the closest we could get. Dog run was awful, but there were a couple OK areas to take the dogs on leashes. Most likely would not go back. Front desk people were very friendly. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $50.00

We stayed here as this was the closest rv park to L.A. we drove from E. Tennessee so my wife could see her mother who is ill. We prefer state parks and while I will just say that this was more of a residential park, the staff was more than adequate, the laundry facilities were very clean and it was about 1 hour to Sunset Blvd and Fairfax. We did not utilize any of the facilities other than the laundry room. They have cable tv available and conversion boxes for guests, but I was unable to utilize due to rv issues and not their signal. This was not what we wanted to stay in, but it was more than adequate for our needs. It is 15 minutes from magic mountain if that is your taste and to top it off, they have a great pizza place around the corner. I cannot consciously say anything negative, but at the same time it's location and amenities were right for us at this time. Only negative was inbound their to be way too much road noise from interstate, even though it was distant. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

Tight Turns

Red dot pizza was great.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $53.00

Why can't I give ZERO stars?!?! This place is SO horribly unprofessional. I made reservations well in advance for our RV. I explained that we have a 32' C class and are towing my parents small travel trailer behind. We didn't even need to hook up. They confirmed the reservation and took our credit card. The lady I spoke with was professional and very kind so I was excited to stay here. My father is on oxygen so clearing a secure hook up was VITAL!!! We were assured that our rig would be fine so long as we could pull in and be able to exit. We paid. We were confirmed. We arrived at around 9:30 and started setting up. We were greeted by an extremely abrasive, rude, unprofessional who has a seriously aggressive demeanor. He started at us harshly saying we need to leave and that we can't stay there. We told them the name of the lady who helped up and that we explained our setup completely. He said "she will be fired tomorrow and you need to leave, this is private property you need to get out." We have now nowhere to go in a very very busy truck area. There is now no place we can go and we have no idea what we will do. The place is like a very packed trailer park with long timers who have LOADS of stuff everywhere. It wasn't a nice park BY ANY means but it had a hook up for my dads oxygen. I can NOT believe this!!! We don't know what we will do, this establishment has reaped serious havoc for us. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

We stopped here for an overnight while traveling I-5. The staff was alright, and they appear to try hard to keep it up. Pool area looked nice. Tons of full timers here, and they appear to be allowed to pretty much do as they please. I was amazed at how much "stuff" was stored around RVs in many sites. Even saw one person with old junk stored on top of their RV. Overall, it makes the entire place feel much more like a trailer park than an RV park. The price is way too high, but I do realize that they have location going for them. The small grass patch at each site is a recycled piece of athletic field "astro turf". Dogs are not allowed on any of the grass nearest the office, and I was told to walk our dogs out the front entrance and use the grass area near the road. I can't imagine returning to this park in the future, unless we were desperate to hook up to utilities for the night. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Decent pizza nearby at Red Dot, which is within walking distance.

R&P

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $45.00

Very friendly and helpful staff. Well stocked camp store. Donuts and coffee in the morning. Former KOA but that's not a negative. Buildings, grounds and sites are very well-maintained. Many long term residents but sites are their sites are neat and organized. Spaces fairly narrow but adequate. Picnic table, fire fing and artificial lawn at each site. Roads and sites paved. Absolutely need reservations - probably less than 8 sites available at the beginning of the day and often none by 6 pm. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Gas stations, stores and restaurants nearby and 5 miles south in Valencia. Ditto Magic Mountain.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $50.00

We enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi during our stay. The bathrooms and showers were great, as they were recently upgraded, clean and large. However, they close the bathrooms at night and open them back up in the morning. (Not good for late night bathroom runs while our bathroom is being refurbished).

Most of the people were fulltimers living there, with what appeared to be only a handful of sites available for camping. Many of the sites looked 'ghetto', dirty, junky, and messy with broken umbrellas, old furniture and lots of junk laying around. I was a bit uncomfortable. There wasn't much to do besides swim. We tried going for a walk, but there wasn't anything to see or do (besides walking across the street to the ARCO gas station). The pictures on the website made it look much nicer than it really was. Castaic Lake was not in walking distance, however the freeway was.

The on-site store was good sized and well stocked with a variety of supplies and necessities. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Someone patrolled the grounds in a golf cart regularly.

There was no built in campfire ring or place to cook outdoors, but they did provide a portable fire ring and brought it to our site. The camp sites were very close together so there wasn't much room between us and the guy next door to enjoy our campfire and meals outside. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Gas is nearby. The freeway is nearby. There is a small market across the street with groceries and vegetables if you need to supplement your supplies.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $45.00

Good for overnight close to highway. Nice people in office. Looks like a lot of FT residences. Not for us. Looked somewhat rundown.

Lot spacing is nearby to very close. Site surface was gravel with sunny, open exposure and featured a picnic table. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $45.00

This is our second stay here this year. We were here March and April this spring and now are here since about August 15, 2015. We're booked to stay through November. I'd love to stay another month after that. It's very easy to get to from I-5 and is very close to our family in Valencia. The park is very clean. They are constantly doing some type of improvements. The pool and Jacuzzi are crystal clean. When were here this spring they put in a fenced dog area. This time I mentioned it was pretty dark at the pet area at night. The next day a light was put up! Yes there are many permanent tenants but I walked through the entire park. All spaces very clean and tidy. The women in the office are awesome and very fun to visit with. There are several truck stops a block away but very quiet in the park. Lots of beautiful mature trees. Love this park and will come here every time we are here to visit family! We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Sand, Grass, Pavers
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

There are many stores to shop just a couple blocks to the town. Since the park is off I-5 it's just minutes from Magic Mountain, Castaic Lake and within about 30 minutes to Dodger Stadium! Close to get to LA, beaches and ball games!

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $26.00

We stayed in this park for a month. Not sure how it could have gone from green water in pools and hot tubs in Sept. 2014, but they were pristine clean and clear during our stay. Yes there are some folks who are there permanently but saw no trashiess. The grounds are kept beautifully with many many large mature trees. Lots of flower beds throughout park. Everyday we saw people working on the grounds of this park. We had a nice spot that was black topped, each spot had a small grassy area, a stoned patio, picnic table and a cement fire pit. The people in the office were very nice and helpful. The park is just minutes from Six a Flags, minutes from Santa Clarita. While we were there they put in a new dog run complete with wire so that small dogs couldn't squeeze out of enclosure and added a bench. It is always full, never empty. Our space was long enough to pull our 35ft 5th wheel with another trailer on behind it and we still had space for our pickup. We liked this park so well we've already made our reservations for this fall. Overall we would definitely recommend this park for people to stay whether it be short term or long term. Our next stay is for two months. Great, great RV Park!! We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Very close to amusement park, Santa Clarita for shopping, dining and close to family. Close to Castiac Lake. Very pretty grounds, very clean pool and spa. Very friendly and helpful staff.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $45.00

Price reflects Good Sam discount. WiFi was an extra $4 a day, but nice and fast. Very clean, level sites and we got a pull through. Concrete patio with concrete fire pit and a picnic table were all part of the sites. We stayed one day while passing through the area. Lots of nice mature trees. Well organized and friendly. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $45.00

Whoever wrote that last review giving this place a 10 must be on drugs. This place was dirty, the pool was green, and many fulltime families living here that have all there junk all around their trailers. The sites are very close to each other. If someone ever wanted to make some money, they should open up a nice RV park somewhere in this part of California cause there is nothing till you get down near San Diego or way up north. What a nightmare. We will never be back. We camped at Castaic Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Castaic Lake RV Park

Are you affiliated with Castaic Lake RV Park ?