Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort)

Crescent City, California

2000 US Highway 199
Crescent City, California 95531

• Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $60.00

Very nice park, trees, grass, a small pond, several spots that have shade. The highway is right out front, but the road noise wasn't bad. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

B

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

Nice park, lots of room to roam. Huge open space in the center of the park. Pull throughs are banana shape off the main roads and you have to pull around a concrete barrier on each site. Might be a problem for longer fifth wheels. Back ins are very spacious so no problems there. ATT phones worked fine, as did WiFi. Bathrooms and showers are dated but spotless. Wash/dry is $1.25 each, and laundry room is immaculate. They have a large freezer there to store your fish if needed. All utilities worked fine, cable worked OK but was grainy. Most parks we are at have someone working around repairing, cleaning, maintaining on a regular basis. Not here, we never saw anyone outside the office, and the park shows it, the exterior areas certainly need a little TLC. The park is 10 miles east of Crescent City and adjacent to US Route 199. We thought it would be quiet at night, but Route 199 is a major route from Crescent City to Grants Pass, so we heard big rigs passing by all night. Overall, a nice park, and we would stay here again. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

E-3
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

This park is 1/2 mile from Redwood Nat'l Park Visitor Center. See the movie there. Stout Redwood Grove is about a 15 minute drive. There is a 1/2 mile easy loop walk there that is absolutely beautiful. Be sure to at least drive there, many massive redwood trees there.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $41.00

Older park but nice setting just east of Crescent City. Back in sites are long and easy to maneuver. Pull throughs are "banana" parallel parking type, and depending on size of rig, may require unhooking either the tow vehicle or the one being towed. It can be a little tricky maneuvering due to the concrete barriers that are placed by the utilities. Utilities are generally OK; cable TV is good; Internet good when it works. Sites have a fire pit and a picnic table, along with a small concrete patio. Laundry is old but generally clean, and inexpensive with efficient gas dryers. Walking distance to convenience store/gas station, and a restaurant across the highway. Location is great for touring the redwood parks, and after seeing the other RV parks in Crescent City, this one is the nicest. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

C9 pull through
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

If in a pull through, may have to disconnect tow vehicle or toad depending on size of rig due to the parallel parking style sites. The highway can be noisy so sites further from road may help with that.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $42.00

We stayed here for a week, the laundry was huge, clean and inexpensive The WIFI was excellent - fast and reliable Cable was great also and had many channels We had a full hookup "banana" shaped pull through site that over looked the grassy area Steps from the park are a grocery store,gas station and an excellent cafe that serves breakfast and lunch I was impressed that the ownership had planted numerous redwood trees all over the property We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

B8
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Featured Campgrounds Near Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort)

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $46.00

The park is old and a bit rundown. It is in a great location which makes it attractive. Lot neighbors are nearby. Site surface is asphalt and grass and features a picnic table and patio. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Grass
Picnic Table, Patio

The state and national redwoods are beautiful and the beach is nice.

Fww

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $49.00

I do not agree with the overall rating this park has received. First the good points. The sites are well spaced. The interior roads are paved. It is a quiet park, both during the day and at night. It has easy access off of Highway 199 and is convenient to the redwood parks. The WiFi is very good most of the time, sometimes not so good, at least at site C5 where I stayed. I did not use the restrooms or laundry so I can't comment on that. Now the not-so-good. The so called pull-through sites are really parallel parking with a concrete 'jersey barrier' structure midway on the utility side of your site to further complicate parking. Lots of luck pulling in and then out with your dinghy attached. Then there's the worst thing of all, the electric power. My 50 amp power was consistently at 106 volts on one leg. When running air conditioning my power monitor shut me off for low voltage at least four times on one day. To be safe the next day I had to shut the water heater off, turn the charger/converter off, and put the fridge on gas. I think that worked but not something I should need to do in a full hookup, "pull-through" site at a published $51 per day. I would not stay here again. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

C5

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $42.00

This was an ok park, we only stayed one night. We were in an odd parallel parking spot but it was right next to a little creek. The park was a bit disheveled with lots of landscaping issues everywhere. The park is now called Redwood Meadows RV Resort so that may be why, if they're doing upgrades or something. The bathrooms were clean but at one end of the park so a far walk if you're on the other end. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

G15
Other

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $46.00

Calling this campground a resort is a bit of a stretch...except for maybe the cost. We stayed here 5 years ago and it hasn't really changed much. It is now under new management so perhaps it will become a resort. Don't get me wrong, it is an okay campground but not a resort. Sites are okay but if you don't want a back-in site you will pay a premium. Restrooms are quite nice, clean and appear renovated. The laundry is very nice, clean and reasonably priced. Wi-fi is nonexistent in two areas. I had to go to the main office area to get wi-fi. One person told me they are working on the wi-fi and another told me they just had to reboot the router. Once rebooted I had access for about one hour. We went into town (Crescent City) and checked out three other campgrounds right in town. I would not stay at any of those so this one is probably your best bet, but overpriced. Also, they are cutting down a lot of trees and shrubs but the stumps have been left. I snagged my bumper on a stump and tore out the rear fender of my 5th wheel pulling it off the stump. I know it is my fault for not watching more closely but I feel the stumps should have been cut down to the ground. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

Slightly "tired" campground and by no means a resort but the friendliness of the staff overcomes that. We arrived on a Sunday for one night. Office was closed and there was no reservation packet addressed to us. There was a generic note on door that said, "if you arrive when office is closed, go to your site and check in with the camp host" (site#for him given). I then remembered that when I called to make reservation, she did assign us a site which I thankfully wrote down. We settled in, and camp host came to us. He couldn't take a credit card, but we had cash. Site was easy pull through and we did not disconnect. Gravel but level site, tight for slides with utility poles, but manageable. Park is clean, felt safe and well laid out. My husband became ill that night, and there was no way we could leave the next morning. Staff were more than accommodating to us to be able to stay an extra day. So, I got to use the laundry room which was large, clean and very reasonable. There are a lot of seasonal or permanent residents. Wi Fi offered by park was very weak, but I also could only use my verizon hotspot sporadically. Overall, this is a very nice short term park and we would stay here again! We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

F6
Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $34.00

Arrived 1:20pm and had to wait until 2:15pm for the person to get back from lunch! The park was really open with a large field in the middle. A lot of pull though sites but all looked very tight. Mine was. Had to keep moving back and forth so I could open my slides without hitting the utilities poles ( elect, water, etc ) sites were pretty level. Some had low over hanging branches. All in all, not the best and not the worst I've stayed at. Paid showers at .50 for 5 minutes. A nice market next door. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $38.00

This is an older park within walking distance to Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. Blacktop roads and gravel sites. Hook ups were in the back of the site so had to get out extra cable water and sewer hoses. The surrounding area are beautiful Redwoods, but the campground is nice an open. Lots of cable channels and our Wi-Fi was good. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

F9

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $42.00

This is an old and tired campground that definitely could use a bit of TLC. That said, friendly host and staff endeavored to place us in an easy-in easy-out pull-thru next to an open grassy area. Utilities functioned perfectly as did the WiFi. Restrooms required a code, which I failed to acquire, thus have no comment on their cleanliness. There appear to be a number of long-time seasonal residents, for what that's worth. Again, staff was great, and we would camp here again. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

G1
Gravel, Dirt
Picnic Table, Patio

Close to Jedediah Smith SP as well as Redwood NP. If you are looking for ocean-front, we noticed several RV parks along 101 south of Crescent City.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $44.00

Very disappointed , and it wasn't worth the cost. Great location, close to Redwoods, Smith River, Crescent City, etc. But the park is in shambles. All the dumpsters were overflowing with garbage, the laundry room is filthy, some RV sites (occupied) were very unsightly with lots of junk, bikes, motorcycles, kids toys, etc., scattered everywhere. There were 3 RVs in our party, and when we made the reservations, we had asked for sites close together. We even called the night prior to our arrival to confirm, and we were reassured that our sites were next to one another. When we arrived, this was not the case, and we were given all kinds of excuses. Not a big deal, but another example of poor management. Apparently it is for sale again, after just one year of current ownership. Hope someone with some sense buys it!! We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

The Redwoods!

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $42.00

Nice spacious campground and only a few minutes walk from Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. It's a sunny, open campground, which is nice because this area tends to be dark and foggy (the state park campground, while wonderful, is really dank and dark). What's bizarre about this park is that you parallel park your rigs instead of backing them in (not difficult, even with a big rig). What's nice about that is that everyone's door faces a central green space and you have plenty of room for your tow. The Wi-Fi is amazingly fast with strong signals. They do use a bizarre type of sewer connection (a tube sticks out of the ground and it has threads on the outside of the tube). I had to jury-rig my sewer connection. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

G6

Sunny Open, Some Shade
2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: December, 2014 - $30.00

Exceptional. given their off season we had our choice of sites.

When we had rare contact with others, it was with locals who had come for fishing in the smith river. Phone was good, internet poor even with our own mifi boosting system. We camped at Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

e18
Fire Ring

breakfast across the hiway, famous locally

Are you affiliated with Redwood Meadows RV Resort (formerly Hiouchi RV Resort) ?