Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort

• Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $50.00

This was a one night stay, on our way to Tucson, AZ. We requested a pull-through site so we didn't have to unhitch our car. Check in was pretty dicey. I'm used to finding a bag with our name on it, and the route to our site highlighted on an enclosed map. Not the case here! We arrived a few minutes after the office had closed. My husband saw a woman inside, but she waved at him and yelled: "WE'RE CLOSED". There were bags with maps hanging several feet from the door, but they had no names on them. A sign told us to call a number for late check-in and someone would call us back. I did, but no one called back. I went up to the door and saw that there was a bulletin board with our name and "1" next to it. I was able to get the woman inside to come to the door; she told me she had called for someone to come to direct us to our site. The woman who arrived on a golf cart was very nice and took us to our site, which turned out to be #1! This was a pull through, but on the end with a tight turn when leaving, it was going to be tricky. When we left the next day, it was equally challenging. We found the dumpster on the map, and headed there to throw our trash away on the way out. Motor home and car hitched up. We looked at the park map, and saw that we could continue on and exit the park rather than doubling back. We then came upon a dead end; the road went through on the map, but vertical pipes had been placed to block the road! We had to unhitch our car in order to turn around and get out, then re-hitch it; costing us time we didn't want to spend. Otherwise, the park was nice; looks like they have a lot of activities. We were happy to find a nice grass dog area directly across from our site; this is important as we travel with dogs. If not for the issues checking in and navigating the park roads, we would probably stay there again. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $25.00

The park is nice enough, but probably not much here for anyone who doesn't golf. Its very quiet, with pretty landscaping. Nearly every site has an oleander privacy hedge. The site I was sent to was extremely difficult to get into. I managed, with the help of two employees, but later saw many open sites that would have been much easier to park in. It would be a good idea to walk over and check your site before checking in, as whether it is easy or hard to back in depends on whether there's a park model across from you. The park is a great value at the PA rate, and the rate includes a good selection of cable channels. The wifi is so-so. The golf course is mobbed in the mornings, very open in the afternoons. I probably would have considered returning to this park, but for the fact that I fell victim to their little laundry room card scam, and the office would not refund the money for the card I purchased, thinking it had value. I was told "We can't do anything about it because it's run by a third party and we have nothing to do with them." Nothing to do with them??!! They have let the "third party" set up and operate a deceptive system in the laundry room, without appropriate signage, and they don't warn anyone about it. I don't patronize businesses that engage in this sort of behavior, and thus will not return to this park. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $32.00

Rate based on 3 PA days & 7 GS discounts. Very active park with a great all-you-can-eat-Friday fish fry. Very good. Some sites not large enough for large rigs due to trees, but staff quickly gave us a different site. Staff very nice. Cable and very good WiFi are free. Only bad point is, you have to buy a $5 laundry card. I have done this before and you are unable to get money back. Very poor system. Did laundry in town on 12th St. at a great place. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Patio

Only 1 1/2 hrs from San Diego. Would NOT suggest a visit to Mexicali (very dirty and run down) but Algadones, in Mexico, is only 45 miles away and a great place to shop & eat.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $22.00

Nightly rate based on a monthly rate of $650. Note for monthly stays park also charges a $40/mo charge for water and sewer. Sites almost all back-ins which are long enough for 40 foot + RV with parking on the side for car. Roads are good width and even with park models adjacent easy to park RV. Park has free entertainment at the outdoor Portico most nights which includes live bands, Karaoke with people who can really sing, and paid professional musicians. There is also twice a month Information Sessions on what is happening in RV park and guest speakers from the city on events or businesses of interest and Ice Cream Socials. Park has 4 good pickleball courts with good players playing 6 days a week in the mornings. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Sand
Patio

For great prices on groceries go to Aldi and Cardenas in the town of El Centro. The best fuel prices is Costco which is on average 30 cents per gallon cheaper than any other gas store.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $40.00

The staff were super friendly and very accommodating. Gave us a number of sites to choose from. Checked in on Valentines Day and was told about their special dinner offering. Bought tickets and attended. Delicious meal and great fun with other RVers. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $35.00

We were in front row next to pond. Nice view but lots of dirty birds walking around. Some of those geese would be better living somewhere else instead of crapping everywhere. A bit of freeway noise but not bad. The only time there is significant noise is when fighter jets zooom overhead. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Anza Borrego State Park not too far away. I have driven up there with a friend and gone hiking. A beautiful huge desert park.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $40.00

This large park has a mix of open RV spaces and fixed "park models". It is located a few miles west of the town of El Centro. We are not golfers but they have what appears to be a very nice 9 hole golf course on-site. There are a nice variety of facilities and activities including pool/spa, on-site café, exercise room, etc. There is free WiFi which we found to be responsive and reliable. The bathroom and laundry are well maintained and clean. If you are here for a short stay and want to use the laundry, be aware that you must purchase a card for $5 then add value to it. I would suggest that the park management offer to loan a card (for a deposit of $5) to those staying for a short period. We paid an average of $40 per night with a combination of Passport America and Good Sam. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $11.00

This is a really nice RV resort. I dare say, one of the nicest I've stayed in, and I travel most of the year. It makes me wish I golfed. If you golf, and you RV, this is a must stop. Beautiful course. Driving range, convenient, looks to be kinda fun! I wish I could hike along the edges, but due to the obvious safety concerns I could not. Nice office, lots of permanent onsite homes. This is one place I would definitely consider spending time, if I was to stay somewhere for any length. Great value with PA. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $25.00

Passport America rate. Originally planning to stay one night but ended up staying three. Loved the four permanent pickleball courts in great shape and clean wide paved streets. Let me say I have NO financial interest in Tengo Internet...... the free Tengo wifi was excellent! We opted for the free 750 KB Tengo wifi which was fine for our web surfing and occasional YouTube video. There is paid 3 MB higher speed wifi for Netflix. All park owners should realize how important reliable internet is for many of us Boomers in early retirement!! We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

I really enjoyed visiting the Pioneer Museum across from the junior college a few miles north of town while my wife was at the Macys mall.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $30.00

Office closes at 4 during the spring and summer. They reserve a row of pull throughs for anyone arriving after 4. Those pull throughs are big rig friendly but will likely require that you unhook your tow vehicle. Our 40 ft plus towed rubicon did not fit. The provided cable tv did not work. We had to dig the cable out of the dirt and it was not functional. If you love your satellite TV, park towards the back of the site to avoid interference with the palm trees lining one side of all the spots in this row. Ambience of this park is better than any in the area. Landscaping and RV spots are well maintained. No picnic tables or fire rings. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

There is a Costco in El Centro, about 15 minutes from park.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $17.00

Off season so park was pretty empty. Nice site, pool under repair. Golf course next door. Lot spacing was spacious with a sunny/open exposure. Site surface was gravel. Restrooms and showers were clean. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $35.00

We have stayed here once before for 2 weeks, and did so again this year because the services and staff are great, and the RVers are very friendly. The sites are separated by OLEANDER bushes and wide enough for privacy. The back of the park sites could use more gravel to build them up a bit from the soil behind them, but most are level. I'll be back again in winter of 2017. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

El Centro is 8 miles away, the golf course is very good so bring your clubs, pool is excellent and the food is good at the golf course.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $25.00

Wonderful campground!! Wide, level sites. Plantings between each site. Everyone friendly! Staff amazing. Lots of activities. Golf course, nightly music, pool, laundry. Be warned that the laundry uses a card system so you must buy a card for $5 then load a minimum of $10 so my one load of laundry would have been $15. This is one of the few campgrounds we have visited that we would consider staying for a month or the winter season. Definitely returning. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

hrw

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $38.00

We came here after we left a narrow street park a bit east of here so loved the wide paved streets. Nothing else going on around this place though. If you need something and don't have a car....good luck. The sites are gravel so plenty of dust into your unit in a hurry. We were here in November, plenty of snowbirds, seem to like the golf course but that's it, nothing else going on. El Centro isn't a particularly well kept town so if you are okay with that you might like this spot. I do like the distance off the Freeway, very quiet spot. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Walking from this place not very good as the roads all serve the farming community. Not much nearby.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $17.00

Ant infested park, office told us ants are part of nature. We packed up and left had motorhome fumigated for ants.

Listed as a resort 105 degrees no shade and pool under repair, dump! Don't go here!

There is nothing to do there everything is closed up or under construction. The management was not helpful when we needed them. Parking was on orange clay and course rocks that sticks to your shoes, so you have to remove them before you enter your motorhome. We camped at Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Rv

Featured Campgrounds Near Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort

Are you affiliated with Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort ?