5.6 Average

• Playground Playground no
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes

Ask fellow campers about "Casa Del Sol" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $45.00

The pool and spa where unavailable due to construction. No rules were enforced and if you asked about the rules, you where asked to leave. There's a gate but nobody has a code to open it and if it gets closed you have to figure out how to get in. There's new management that only cares about collecting money. It is getting filled with park models and permanent trailers that are falling apart. Most permanent tenants take up 2 to 3 spaces. This park has gone so down hill since my last stay. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

A9
Concrete, Asphalt

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Have been visiting this park for the last four seasons. I'm a "snow bird," so Casa Del Sol is my winter home. First two seasons, in a fifth-wheel, then with the help of the park manager, ordered a park model and now have all the features and room I could want! Excellent security (with new additions of lighting and security gates), clean sites, a sense of community encouraged by special events and gatherings for the entire park. And all the amenities you expect at a resort park: pickle-ball, shuffleboard, a card room, craft room (with the most wonderful group of quilters you could find!), exercise room, a pool room, swimming pool and spa, laundry, restrooms and showers, and a ballroom with full-service kitchen for events. Management truly cares for all of the residents, and go out of their way to make us feel welcome and valued. Availability of services and shopping in Hemet is A+, conveniently close by. I'll be back again in the fall to my winter home...can't wait! We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt, Pavers
Other

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $22.00

Me and my wife had an extended stay at this wonderful park, and in doing so got to experience almost everything the park has to offer. Whether you like to sit by a pool, play tennis, or enjoy one of their many community run events that are held in their clubhouse, you will surely find something to do. One thing this place has that you can't find anywhere else around here is a nice community and friendly staff. I would mention names if not for the rule, but let's just say that anyone that helps, especially management, you will be well taken care of. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Cabin.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

My husband and I visited Casa Del Sol in our fifth wheel while travelling on assignment as a travel nurse. We stayed for almost five months and found a clean, quiet, and most enjoyable environment at this RV resort. We stayed in a huge new "pull thru". The facilities have been improved tremendously recently with brand new pavement, new lighting, new security gates and fencing, new pools and spa, upgraded showers and washrooms. What impressed me was the location to all the amenities which were all within walking distance-shopping, movie theaters, banks, medical, rv supply, restaurants, and entertainment all within a block of two. Staff and management were most helpful and kind to both of us. We really felt at home during our stay. When you are on the road like we are so much of the time, it's a plus to find such a great spot to call home and Casa Del Sol is that place. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

A09
Concrete, Asphalt

Spacious, Very Close

Featured Campgrounds Near Casa Del Sol

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

Staff was friendly. Sites were easy to get into. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $20.00

The customer service at this park during our 3 month stay (May 10 - August 2) was not a good experience. Park needs maintenance. Most trailers are old, abandoned, etc. Management is rude, bullying, disrespectful, uncaring and uncommitted to the park and its residents; they only favor & cater to snowbirds from Canada. The park is infested with ferol cats, homeless people in & around park, black widow & brown recluse spiders (we killed 7 on and around our trailer), black & red ants, as well as the trees are infested with bugs that drop their excrement all over your trailer (sticky substance). Facilities need major work or repair. A great deal of theft happens in the park (we had a bike & propane tank stolen), as well as resident mail (opened & unopened) as discovered by private security patrolling nearby shopping area (personally saw stolen bike parts & mail myself). Management did not show concern, only angry I brought it to their attention. Very uncaring! Save your money even though they are inexpensive, not worth the stay or your time & trouble. Very bad customer service. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

A9 and A5
Concrete, Dirt

Stores close by, can walk but not at night due to homeless. Not safe at night. Many things to see within an hour or two.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $19.00

I've been RVing for almost 25 years. I've owned and rented multiple RV's and I've stayed everywhere from KOA'S to primitive State parks. I've never experienced the lack of customer service anywhere, as I did at Casa del Sol. Management gave me a great 4-month rate for the price of 3 months. After 10 weeks, we had to leave. The problems started with the manager, he makes no effort to ensure your comfort as a guest or tenant. Rude, self centered, a bully, denies responsibility, kicks you out of his office when you have concerns, and then offers you a refund to leave. When you're ready to leave, he denies the refund. Pool heated when it's 110, weeds everywhere, park lighting inoperable, locks on thermostats busted off, indoor shuffle board locked up during so called "off season", excercise machines in work out room broken down and poorly maintained, park is infested with spiders and ferral cats, homeless people walk freely in and out of park, I had my bike and a propane tank stolen. Park has surveillance cameras but management makes no offer to view footage when thefts are reported. Park security is a young kid who randomly rides around in a golf cart. The park is about 70% vacant. Many spaces are filled with old, run down, park models with flat tires and boarded up windows. There's no restrictions on appearance. Many occupied spaces are public eyesores. This park is 5 stars out of 100. It's not an RV resort, it's a run down trailer park. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

Section A-B

Park is close to shopping and cinemas.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

It was hard to communicate with the office. It was closed when it was suppose to be open. When there, the help was good. I requested a few thing to be taken care of and half was done. The dog area was clean. The gate fell down a couple of time and was poorly repaired. I am presently having a problem with management. I had to leave on an emergency and I requested a refund. That was denied. Be careful not to sign up more then needed. the monthly is $579. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Motorhome.

site A 13

There is a shopping mall right next to the campgrounds.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here two years ago Apr-May. Was hoping for site, grounds improvements. We are there this April-May. And no improvements seen, in fact worse conditions. Nearly all street lights in the park were out of order. When we ask about this, we were told a contract was needed to fix. Very unsafe at night. Rarely saw maintenance staff cleaning and caring for what little landscape was around sites. House furniture (chairs, etc.) were laying in RV spaces for no reason. Just in our section of the park I counted about six feral cats roaming around our RV. When told about this, we were told a lame story about animal control would not trap the cats, that the park has to do that. OK, then get it done.This place fills up in winter with snow birds, but the rest of the time it's mostly permanent residents who live in run down 1970's RVs, falling apart and little or no improvements. No direction from the park require that RVs be improved. A requirement of no RV over 10 years of age allowed in the park is needed. I know there are senior citizens living in these old RVs and don't have much to live on, but this conditions is ruining the overall quality of the park and turning away business I'm sure. This brings down the park's appearance greatly. The facilities (restrooms, laundry, etc) are kept up and in good order. Our feeling was that since the snow birds are gone, they don't need to spend money in improvements. If we were snow birds we sure would not come there unless much improvements are made at this park. We will not be back. There is a nice gated RV park across Florida St that is more expensive, but we will pay the difference for peace of mind, security, and quality of of sites and park experience. I don't think we will have to worry about street lights working in the park and feral cats roaming the RV park. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

D-25
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Close to shopping center just across the alley.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $37.00

This park is huge and right in the middle of an extensive retail area. Grocery shopping, fast food, movie theater all within short walking distance. There was a complimentary "Harvest Feast" the week of Thanksgiving that was catered, and pleasant. Lots of activities going on all the time: poker nights, shuffleboard, cribbage, craft night, etc. The new pickle ball courts are really nice. The pool is heated, and the hot tub is large, deep and covered -- enjoyable in any weather. The showers are large and clean, and the residents are friendly. There is a mix of short term, long term, and permanent tenants. Some of the spaces have been improved with park model style units and landscaping that looks professional. There are also some older rigs that look like they haven't been moved in a decade. Lots of snowbirds, some of which have been coming to this place for 15+ years. If we could have afforded it, we would have stayed through the entire winter. Sites are close together, but have paved patios and an extra parking space for your tow vehicle. Some sites have a storage shed available as well. We didn't pay for the Wi-Fi, but our Sprint coverage was excellent. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Motorhome.

L24
Concrete, Dirt, Pavers

There is a grocery store that is adjacent to the back of the park, but there is no access from that side. It's still not a super long walk! There is a movie theater across the street from the store, and lots of convenient fast food. There are a couple of full service restaurants within a mile or two as well as Hemet Valley Mall. The public library is only about 3 miles away.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

I stayed here with a group. The park is older but they are working on it. They are currently converting back-to-back sites to pull-throughs. The sites are a bit close. Close to stores and restaurants. We will return. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Motorhome.

B13

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $75.00

Rented an RV for my parents who moved out there for a few months. Found them to be professional and friendly for the transaction and my parents are happy with the management with any minor issues they had. Grounds are maintained and they were currently upgrading the pool and paddle courts. Looks great. Recommend. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $18.00

Note that the nightly rate reflects a monthly rate of $550 divided by 30, because there is no way to enter a monthly rate in the review. We stayed here for a month during our recent move from CA to OK. This is an older park, but it is well maintained. All sites have nice concrete patios and there lots of trees, providing for a pleasant environment. There are a number of full-time residents and folks from colder climates who winter here. The park is within walking distance of shopping and restaurants, making it very convenient. They provide free Time Warner digital cable with great TV reception, but free WiFi is only available in the club house. Since we were staying here for a month we subscribed to high speed Time Warner internet at our site for around $50, giving us pretty much all the technology in our trailer that we had at home. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Travel Trailer.

G20
Patio

There are lots of restaurants and shopping on Florida Avenue a block north of the park.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $40.00

We have had the dubious pleasure of staying at Casa Del Sol for last 2 years ( November to March ). We had high hopes when we heard there was new management for 2015/2016. As always you should be careful what you hope for. The current Management seems to be on some sort of mission to alienate the very people that pay the bills. From all appearances the park is understaffed from a maintenance point of view. The general upkeep of the grounds ranges from mediocre to awful. They decided to put in a pickle ball court which I would guess cost quite a bit of money especially when they had to redo the cement due to level issues. Lessons were to begin in January but the court is still not ready as far as I know. In the meantime there is hardly any functioning lights inside the park and a walk to the rundown dog run at night is not for the feint of heart.

It is very hard to tell what the philosophy is for the park. They seem to be buying older fifth wheels with the intent of renting them. In the two years we have been staying at Casa Del Sol we have never had an update from management or news of any kind about what is happening in the park. This combined with a Manager whose people skills are non existent has created an atmosphere of distrust and confusion.

You might ask why we would stay in such a place. That is easy, it is the wonderful people that call Casa Del Sol home in the winter. Many of them have been coming for 15 years or more. The volunteer work is legendary in organizing virtually every activity including, golf, water aerobics, billiards, bus trips , Dinners, lunches, Breakfasts, you name it.

We had a few issues with management and we have heard of several others, some very troubling. We have therefore left the park for another with mixed feelings. Our review for Casa Del Sol RV park in Hemet would look something like this: - Overall park condition, 2 out of 5

- Management, 1 out of 5 (generous)

- residents of the park, 5 out of 5. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

D14
Asphalt, Dirt

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $38.00

We found this park to be fairly quiet and the residents friendly. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. They had some suggested sites for us to try. There are some that have issues with slide outs. We have a 31-foot rig with 2 slides on one side and we were able to find a spot. The dog area was nice (2 small side-by-side pens). The pool and the spa look nice but we were too busy to take advantage (others were certainly using it). Convenient to shopping and restaurants. We camped at Casa Del Sol in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Casa Del Sol

Are you affiliated with Casa Del Sol ?