Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages

• Golf Golf yes
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes

Ask fellow campers about "Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $39.00

This is a larger RV park that apparently gets totally booked during winters and festivals. We were there in May when it was practically empty. The staff were friendly, although they have very limited hours (1-4 M-Sat, closed Sun), which we found unusual. The park was clean for the most part, except for the unused sections which needed a good weed whacker. The dog park near us was closed for the summer season, so we had to walk to the front of the park to get a little playing in for the puppy. One of the two hot tubs was closed for the season. The spots consisted of cement pads for RV and truck surrounded by gravel. The utilities are all the way in the back of the spot, so we needed three lengths of sewer hose to reach the drain. Verizon was good. They did have a recycling dumpster, and collected deposit cans/bottles for charity. All in all it was an adequate place to stay. Nothing exceptional. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Palm Springs Aerial Tram and Joshua Tree National Park are both a must!

JDR

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $45.00

This is a winter destination park. Most of the sites are back in with a few pull throughs. The roads are wide and the back in sites are also wide so backing in is not a problem for most of the sites we saw. We had a pull through and they are narrower than the back in sites but it was also easy in and out. The park is very well maintained some areas have grass others are gravel only with paved roads. We found this a great place to stay for the few days were in the area. I would guess that it is hard to get in during the peak winter months, as it is one of the better parks we saw in the area. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $45.00

This was my first time at this park. It is beautiful and well maintained. The spaces are quite wide so you feel like you have a little room and privacy. My wife and I came to this park for the Pickleball they advertise. The park is really nice, but the pickleball wasn't. We travel a lot and always look for fun activities as that's what helps make an RV resort more pleasant. Unfortunately, that wasn't our experience with the activities here. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $59.00

Great RV Park for a one night stay or longer. We stayed here on our way to and from Pismo. Wonderful grounds to walk around and great looking pool which we didn't use. 3 dog play areas, one large one, one that serves as a retention pond when it rains and then a smaller one for little dogs. Our dogs loved the larger one to run around in after spending 7 hours riding in the truck! Other campers were quiet however, the fire station is close and you hear their sirens and during the week you can hear the highway noise. We would definitely stay her again. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 271

Featured Campgrounds Near Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $57.00

This is the third time we have stayed at Indian Waters. It is one of our favorite places to stay. It is a large park with mostly back in sites. Sites very a great deal and have different nightly rates. All of the back and sides have two concrete pads. One for the RV and one for the additional vehicle. This make spaces about twice as wide as found in typical parks. As other reviewer's have mentioned, the concrete pads and some sites are surrounded by grass in others by gravel. Grass sites are more expensive as our sites that are closer to the pool and other amenities. Also some sites have a concrete patio between the RV site and the car site. These are also more expensive. We had a gravel site close to the pool With a patio. It was very nice with plenty a room and privacy. Probably the best thing about this park are the amenities and activities. It is a very busy park with four pickle ball courts two bocce ball courts two pools and two hot tubs. There is a work out room and a billiard room also. One of the pools has a constant depth and is used for water volleyball and water aerobics. Pickle ball seems to be the game of choice here and all 4 quarts are in constant use. There are lessons and tournaments. Also lots of bocce ball and water volleyball. There is also a written schedule of activities in the clubhouse. There do not seem to be any permanent residence, but most of the customers seem to be in the park for a couple of weeks to a couple of months.Everyone seems to be having a great time. There is no cable TV so would be good to have satellite. There is some over the air television. I would give this park a perfect ten if it had a little more landscaping between sites to increase privacy and maybe picnic tables or some kind of outdoor furniture at the sites. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Pavers

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $60.00

Outstanding park right off I-10 and convenient to the Palm Springs area. Park is immaculate and has a lot of amenities (large clubhouse, pool, several hot tubs, pickle ball courts, 3 dog parks,etc). A great place to make as your home base for winter in the desert. Lots of nice walking areas as well. Price is high but probably comparable for other good parks in the area during the prime winter months. We didn’t use their WiFi as we have our own but someone said it was adequate. They occasionally have breakfasts and other meals in the clubhouse - we weren’t very impressed by the ones we ate at but overall this park has it all! We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $45.00

Please read other reviews that talk extensively about all of the amenities here. It's for sure a very luxury type of resort place to stay. I'm only here for a few nights enroute elsewhere. The reason I'm posting this review is just to highlight something that was deeply disturbing to me during my short stay. Good news: you get to chose if you want a site surrounded by grass or one surrounded by gravel. I chose grass as I have been camping in the desert for the last few weeks and have two dogs and it was very luxurious to have them be able to play on the grass. The two dog park areas are wonderful amenities to have here. The downside, as I discovered, is that it takes quite a lot to keep the perfect grass growing and in good condition. We are, after all, in the desert. I think they mow, blow and edge maybe three times a week. Unfortunately for the two days I've been here so far, I have been subject to the constant droning sound of either a leaf blower, lawnmower or edger. I don't know how else to suggest they manage all of this grass but it virtually unbearable. It started at around 10 this morning and I can still here some version of leaf blower, mower or edger in the distance as late as 2:00 or thereabouts. It was about three hours at a time or more just in my immediate vicinity. Again, great place, if you like gated, resort type places but I found this lawn maintenance thing to be really difficult to bear during my short stay. When I called the office to ask about it, they offered to move me to a gravel site but not worth it for one last night. In addition, they also have to mow, blow, and edge the public areas so even those in the gravel areas will be subject to some degree of disturbance from the effort. Thought it would be fair warning to those seeking a very nice place to stay. thanks. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Grass
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $23.00

Large, well-maintained park with 252 FHU RV spaces and 8 cottages. Most RV sites are back-ins, but there are 15 pull throughs. Sites are grass or gravel with side by side concrete pads for your rig and tow vehicle and a sitting area in between (pull through sites don't have a separate tow vehicle pad). Perimeter sites back up to a residential neighborhood and can be noisy (i.e. loud music, barking dogs, etc). We stayed in site 251, an interior premium gravel site with a level concrete pad. Several types of sites are available at this park (see photos), which vary in pricing. Interior roads are paved, wide and easy to navigate. No picnic tables or fire rings provided. Gated entrance/exit, and check-in packet was waiting for us outside the gate when we arrived at noon. The office was only open from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. and closed on Sunday, but I believe they have expanded hours during peak season. No store, but the office sells hats, t-shirts, ice, drinks and ice cream. There is a large building on one side of the park with showers, restrooms and laundry (8 washers and 6 dryers) which was cleaned daily. The park also has 8 newly remodeled private shower/toilet combinations near the office as well as another laundry area. There are small trees on the property, but the park is mostly open with no shade. Park has great amenities including two large pools, two large hot tubs (one not working, staff said someone stole the heater), several dog parks, clubhouse, billiard room, fitness center, horseshoes, pickleball courts and large outdoor seating area with fire pits. The park is next to an ambulance/fire/police station next door, so there are sirens going off intermittently. Expect occasional noise from a nearby train. Daily trash pick-up at your site. Utilities worked well but were placed at the rear of the site. No cable provided, but plenty of OTA channels. Verizon service was very good. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would return. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

Walmart grocery store, Starbucks, Walgreens and Taco Bell are less than ½ mile from the park. Walmart Supercenter is about 5 miles away. We spent time at Fantasy Springs Casino which is 3 miles from the park and enjoyed a sushi dinner there at one of the restaurants.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $58.00

I was given a FHU concrete pull/thru with gravel between sites. There was plenty of room for my 42' 5th wheel and truck to park. The roads in the park are easy to get around in. I used my dish for TV and the wi-fi worked well. There is 10' between sites where I was located. The park has big commercials washers to use at $1.50 a load. The bathrooms and laundry are neat and clean. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

You are located right in town, so you are close to any supplies or entertainment you are looking for.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $59.00

The park has an area with grassed sites and an area with gravel sites. Each site has plenty of room to park your unit on a concrete pad and an adjacent spot for your tow or toad vehicle. We were in a gravel back-in site and adjacent to the road. Sites did not have tables. Other than to occasional fire engine siren from the hall across the street, the noise was quite bearable. All basic services worked fine but the WIFI was only a teaser. It was hard to get on and was rarely fast enough to be useful even for basic Email's etc. We would certainly stay @ this park again if in the area as it is close to most places and is good value. The WIFI would be the only concern if you don't have your own system. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $60.00

Big Rig compatible. You have a CHOICE of grass sites, or gravel sites - all beautifully landscaped. For an extra few dollars a night you can also request a site with a cement pad as mats can't be placed on grass sites. Most sites are back-in with a separate pad to park your vehicle, but there are also a few pull-through sites. All interior roads are wide and paved and all RV parking is on level cement pads. This park has a combination of transient overnighters, and long term snowbirds. Two pools, a large hot tub, workout rooms, yoga, pickle ball - taco Tuesday and happy hour Fridays. Many other activities too. Unlike some other snowbird parks in this area, this looks more like a true RV Resort than a trailer park. Along the walking paths that criss cross the resort, there are ponds with fountains, grassy areas with park benches under large shade trees, dog friendly off-leash areas. Walmart and Starbucks are within walking distance (on 48th and Jackson). The security gates open at 12:30, check-in after 1pm. Lots to do in the area. Staff have all be very friendly and accommodating. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

The Air Museum was a hit with our group.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $35.00

This park is visually beautiful but has some issues. The area is VERY busy! Fire Department sirens 24 hours a day. Residential neighbourhoods with screaming children, barking dogs and loud fiesta style music round out the area. There are the main train lines nearby and they don't blow the horns a lot but if the wind is blowing right the engine noise can be formidable. The wifi here is pretty much useless and trying to get it to work is an excersize in futility.

Be careful how long you book in for as there are NO refunds! One of the biggest challenges here is the grass. The grass is wonderful until mowing commences for three days a week. On one mowing day on of the trimmers shot a rock at our RV. It put a pretty big chip in the exterior. If it had been a window, it would have broken it for sure. Don't know whose insurance would cover but who needs the grief. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Grass Area

Spacious, Nearby
Sunny Open, Some Shade

Go to Cardena's Market. Like shopping in Mexico. Get the Fish and Shrimp Ceviche. Amazing!

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $30.00

A very nice RV Park, but very few pull-thrus. They are all gravel and close to the street. The rest of the sites are back-in, and probably full-time. They keep their gate closed all summer, but left a packet of information for us in the mailbox by the gate. Therefore, never saw anyone except a man picking up the trash you leave by your site. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Patio

We were just passing through this trip, so didn't leave the RV Park. Indio has a number of places to see, with Palm Springs nearby. We plan to come back next year for a two-week stay and will stay at this RV Park.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $75.00

This is a very nice park, but not in a great area of the valley. However it is fully gated so overall, quite secure. They have a great regular clientele that are really friendly and welcome newcomers. Don't stay in sites that back along the park with houses on the other side because many of them have dogs that bark at all hours and the stupid city of Indio won't actually do anything about it, even when dogs are abused, locked up outside, and suffering - god knows, we tried several times to get them to do something... We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Motorhome.

Patio

Koutouki Greek Restaurant in Palm Desert may be the best Greek food we have ever been to. Well worth the drive.

R&M

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $60.00

Park has nice facilities. No cable, but major tv stations on over the air tv. Internet worked flawlessly! Variety of sites available. We stayed in site 93 with our fifth wheel. Some sites more spacious than others. Nice wide paved streets are a plus. Be sure to ask when booking. Nice park. We would stay here again. We camped at Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

Better restraunts are located in La Quinta and Palm Springs.

Featured Campgrounds Near Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages

Are you affiliated with Indian Waters RV Resort & Cottages ?