8.7 Excellent

Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort)

McArthur, California

Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm

Hours above shown for Pacific Time Zone

• Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Playground Playground no
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes

Ask fellow campers about "Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

We just spent 4 days at this resort in our Airstream with our daughter and her family in a tent on the same site. We really LOVED this place. While it was not necessarily convenient to Burney Falls or Lassen National Park, they were easy enough to access. The resort was spacious and the current owners have definitely put a lot of effort into making it nice. The pictures on their website don't do it justice in my opinion. I thought it would be more exposed to the sun and hot but there are plenty of trees for shade and the temperatures cooled off nicely at night. It was also a nice place for a dogs, especially with the Cedar Walking Trail. The kids (ages 4 and 6) loved having a pool and it was nice having the Bistro for a dinner Monday night. The food was very good as was the wine and beer list and all of the staff were pleasant and helpful. It exceeded everyone's expectations. We'd go back there in a heartbeat. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

There are some good geocaches to find in the McArthur, Burney, Lassen triangle that will take you into some interesting areas off the beaten path.

Lassen RV Resort, owner at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) responded to this review

Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the camping and the Bistro!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $39.00

My husband & I loved this park. The Owners and Hosts are really nice people. Helpful, friendly, courteous . . You couldn't ask for better people to run an RV Park. Sites are all large, most have some shade. This is not your typical asphalt & grass RV Park. Sites are in wooded area with gravel pads. Nights are super quiet & the nighttime sky is beautiful. Walk on the trail to see Mt Shasta from the park. It's a great spot to take pictures. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

If you like to hike, this park is close to Burney Falls SP, Subway Caves, Lassen NP, Lava Beds NM. It's also close to many small towns and picturesque countryside. All are an easy drive . . .

We are happy to hear your enjoyed our park and your stay!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $39.00

We stayed here two nights on a return trip from central and eastern Oregon. There were plenty of spaces in the park, and the owner was very friendly. Cell service (Verizon) faded in and out. There is Wifi available near the office, but it is relatively slow. We arrived on a Thursday, and the campground was mostly empty. A few more spots filled up on Friday, but nowhere near full. Even though we only have a small travel trailer, we were give a long pull-thru site which was nice. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

The park is about 45 minutes away from Burney Falls SP which is a must-see if you're in the area.

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

We loved this park. It is about mid way between Lassen National park and Mt. Shasta - about 45 minutes to each. Mc Arthur is a tiny town - not many services and off the beaten path. But the beauty of this park and the owner's desire to do everything possible to help - is outstanding. You are nestled in a forest of oak trees - but satellite was not a problem. Our site was 200 feet long - but when we pulled in a few branches were going to be close to the slides - owner hopped in his cart and in 5 minutes was back trimming branches. Most of the local restaurants are closed Sunday and Mondays - so they opened an onsite Bistro on those days - and the food and service was outstanding. Folks from town even come here for dinner. We had an issue finding dog daycare and the other park host and his wife took our dog for a day so we could go hiking. There is nothing these folks will not do to make your stay great. There are views of snow covered Mt. Shasta from the park. WE loved this park and would love to stay her again. Do yourself a favor - stay here once and you will be back. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Grass

We are so happy to here you enjoyed your stay and the Bistro. We find that people who enjoy real 'camping' really enjoy their stays with us.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort)

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $38.00

What a great park! It is a mile and a half from the highway, then a quarter mile from the country road (which sees maybe two pickup trucks an hour). Of all the places I have been in my life, it is perhaps the quietest. No human noise for most of the day. No cars, no chainsaws, no heavy equipment a mile away. This is located in a very dark area for seeing the night stars. The sites range from good sized to enormous. Ours was a pull through, at least 200 feet long! The people who developed the park left plenty of the small oak trees maybe 15 feet high, so there is some shade and a feeling of privacy, which was enhanced because before Memorial Day there were only 9 RVs there. Even if you are in a smaller site, I think you will have no trouble maneuvering a big rig, because of the way sites are situated. The pool was not full when we stayed, but I expect it will be soon. I didn't check out the bathrooms, but the building looked very well maintained and a peek into the laundry showed it looked clean and inviting with two washers and two dryers. This is a great place if you want some peace and quiet! We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $32.00

The worst thing about the park was that I could only stay one night. It's in a great location, with huge sites and excellent restroom/shower/etc facilities. Wifi didn't reach my site, but I got strong reception for both AT&T and Verizon.

The owner went above and beyond with emailed directions as the park was officially closed -- mid November. I found that Google maps gave me good directions, too. When I arrived he led me to a great site with full hookups. Good followup after my stay, too. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $32.00

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Lassen RV Resort during the first week of October, 2016. The sites were huge (especially the pull-through ones) and, with only 6 of the 44 sites being occupied due to it being off-season, it felt like we practically had the park to ourselves. The park is not on a main road, so it was very quiet and the stargazing at night was amazing. The owner is a personable and fantastic host. He escorted us to our site to make sure it was to our liking, and stayed to ensure hookups were uneventful before leaving us to settle in.

The only drawback to this place is there is no Wifi except at the pool (which was closed for the season) and office. Cell signal was spotty at best - I had zero Sprint service, and my husband's T-Mobile was intermittent and weak.

However, if you are looking to disconnect and relax, then this is the place for you. We will certainly be back. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Take a walk on the trail to the edge of the park as the view of the valley and far off mountains is great, especially at sunset!

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

Owners are in their 3rd season and couldn't be nicer and more helpful to their guests. The location is remote but worth the drive. The spaces are large with 50amp service to run air conditioners for hot summer days. The pool is clean and pleasant. We stayed with a group of several trailers and they provided excellent service throughout our week-long stay. They are opening an intimate bistro on-site soon after we leave. Owner is a fine chef. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

B17
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Fishing in several rivers and lakes nearby. McArthur-Burney Falls SP is a must-see. Short hikes, plus a dog path, are available. Lassen Volcanic NP is 1.75 hr drive. The Allen Radio Telescope Observatory, off Hwy 89, is open to the public for self-guided tours. Lava Beds NM is about 1.5 hr. drive north on Hwy 139. Restaurants in nearby towns are nothing to rave about, so Jasmine's Bistro may be just the addition needed.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Great place for groups or single camping. Nice club house, deck, swimming pool and screened in meeting area. The Hosts/Owners were FABULOUS and went way beyond expectations to make our Airstream Rally exceptional. The facility is very clean and organized. The sites are nicely spaced out so you have some privacy and/or room to socialize. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $41.00

This is a very nice, immaculately kept, campground. The sites are huge, level, and extremely private. The roads and sites are all freshly graded. It's totally quiet and peaceful. However we had very erratic Verizon cell service and wifi, which is probably to be expected in such a remote location. The owner was exceptionally nice and helpful. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight

The local grass fed beef, which they sell at the office, is delicious.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

Came with about 30 Airstreams for a club rally. This is one of the best parks I've ever been to with or without the club.

My campsite has to be at least 12,000 sq. ft. with 180 degree view from the front door of nothing but trees, and open space. Quiet as a tomb, dark as a dungeon at night. Fantastic place to watch the stars at night.

The camp ground is perfect when it comes to modern amenities, all the picnic tables are solid, straight and look new. The utilities are perfect.

There's a beautiful swimming pool, great club house and the hosts do everything and then some to make your stay enjoyable. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

D-1

No Others In Sight, Spacious
Sunny Open, Some Shade, Covered Forested

Driver to Bieber and get some of the best food in the West from at the Old Mill Grill. Drive to Burney Falls for a great day trip!

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $33.00

Great place. As stated earlier, the new owners are giving it a complete face lift. Huge sites, I believe they are spread out over about 26 acres, the closest site to me was about 50 yards away. Some have stated that there is cable and WiFi but there is no cable and the WiFi is at the office. You can sit out on the porch and get it just fine. I will absolutely stay here again. The owner is a great guy and wants to do whatever he can to please you. I had a bad tire on my trailer and he gave me great advice on where to go for repairs, stopped back later to make sure that I got it taken care of, and even offered me a beer. I don't drink, but the gesture was appreciated. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $36.00

This park is open with new owners. There is a huge face lift going on and they were not really open when we stayed there. Opening date June 1, 2014. Once everything is open the rating will go up to 9 or 10. The spaces are really large with privacy, trees, and some shade. Roads and pads are level gravel. We really enjoyed the natural setting in the trees. This place will be very popular once it is in full swing. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $28.00

We camped there looking for a decent RV park near Burney Falls, which was our hiking destination. Other than that, the location is not really close to many other family hiking attractions. Owner is very friendly. Showers and toilets looked brand new and were spotless. Swimming pool was too cold to use and gravel roads are not suitable for young kids to cycle. So all in all, not as family-friendly as we hoped it would be. It seems most/all sites have only partial shade. In addition, we had way too many bees and other bugs flying around, which compromised our stay. All in all, a decent RV park and we may camp here again for 1-2 nights next time we're in the area. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $35.00

This is a very dog friendly park with great on site owners. We had a nice time here. It is great if you just want to relax and have quiet time as it is off the beaten path. You are within driving distance to McArthur-Burney Falls Park which is just beautiful, and other various sites. There is oak and some pine trees, but not real shaded. We would stay here again. They have nice big sites, mostly pull through's and they are not real close together. Access in the park is very easy. We did not use the showers or rest rooms, but we did look at them and they are older but very, very clean. We camped at Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort)

Are you affiliated with Lassen RV Resort (Lassen Pines RV Resort) ?