6.3 Average

Mount Shasta City KOA

Mount Shasta, California

900 North Mt Shasta Blvd.
Mount Shasta, California 96067

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Biking Biking yes

Ask fellow campers about "Mount Shasta City KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $40.00

With trains blowing their horns all night long we'll never stay here again. Dirt pads were messy. Hard to maneuver around trees and cement picnic tables. We camped at Mount Shasta City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $35.00

Cable TV was snow. I have not had that problem in other parks. WiFi basically did not exist. Trains, Trains and more trains. Don't go here if you want a good nights rest. Park needed repair from what I could see. We camped at Mount Shasta City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $34.00

I was disappointed in this KOA Park because of the high fee during off season, the cable TV did not work, the site was very unlevel, and the showers lack a stool or chair. Then there is the experience with off season staff and hours. We arrived at 4PM and the office closed at 5PM. When the office is closed you can not access the laundry or game room. The young check in clerk did his best to get me near the Wi-Fi tower in the office. However, he directed me to a site that had the utilities on the passenger side, not the proper place, the driver’s side. This is weird setup only seen in older parks. There were only 3 other campers in this park so it was virtually empty. We relocated but he did the same thing again for a camper that came in just before 5PM. I asked the clerk about the cable, but he had no clue. There is no off the air TV here. After the office closed there were several transients that came in and used the showers. Yup, the ladies restroom had a lock but the code was advertised on a bulletin board for late arrivals along with the Wi-FI code. We camped here in a motor home and paid $33.66 for a w/e site. It was worth $15. The Wi-Fi was very good, but since we were very near the antenna and only had 3 bars I suspect some areas would not have good Wi-FI. This is probably a very good place to take the kids during the summer, but I would not pay their high fee again. If I want a “true camping” experience I will take a tent to the woods. I stay at private campgrounds such as KOA because I want a level place to park, hot clean showers, TV, and Wi-Fi. We camped at Mount Shasta City KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $39.00

This is a pretty campground located in almost downtown Mt. Shasta. I have several complaints, however: The website states that Mt. Shasta "presides" over the campground. In fact, Mt. Shasta can only be glimpsed from one tiny corner of the campground. The WiFi is painfully slow. My site was directly across from the gameroom and the signal strenth was 3 bars. I clocked the connection at 13 Kb, slightly faster than the original 1200 baud dial-up modem connection. Late at night, I clocked 400 Kb (the cheapest DSL connection available). If you want to use the internet, plan on a late night. The mens' restroom had only two of the three showers operational. The dressing areas did not have a bench of any sort to set your toilet kit or eyeglasses on. Rather than put my stuff on the floor, I chose to use the motorhome shower. The website did not mention the nearby railroad switch yard that remains busy all night. We camped at Mount Shasta City KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mount Shasta City KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $30.00

The cable was out ("Someone will be in today to fix it. Gophers ate the lines." Not happening.) The pool was closed indefinitely. The roads were rutted. Sweet but clueless high schoolers manning the desk. Shade available only to those staying a week or more, apparently. Access road hazardous with overgrown trees and narrow entry. No warnings of such. The list is longer. Avoid. We camped at Mount Shasta City KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $35.00

This is a correction of the review I left in June. I rated the park poor but gave it a "9" in error. Staff was barely civil, but it is a poorly maintained campground that needs lots of fixing. I doubt we would ever return. We camped at Mount Shasta City KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mount Shasta City KOA

Are you affiliated with Mount Shasta City KOA ?