14152 French Town Road,
Oregon House, California 95962

• Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Lake of the Springs RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $1.00

Disappointed member. Example of Thousand Trails quality decline. Save your money. Thousand Trails is a rip off. As a member since 1985, this organization has severely declined. The frequent ownership and management changes have destroyed this company. I am shocked they are still in business or sell memberships in California. I am completely disgusted with Thousand Trails! You have let Lake of the Springs go to crap! Trees and shrubs are hanging into the street in D section. My brand new motorhome has scratches the full length of both sides of the motorhome. I am going to find a way for Thousand Trails to pay for the exterior repairs on my new 2019 Winnebago Forza. Trash is all over the park. The power level sucked in D67. 105v is ridiculous and unacceptable. The power situation has not improved since our last stay at Lake of the Springs. I notice that sites with non-functioning power suddenly become tent sites. Very clever, but deceptive. Your plan to let the public in the parks may help your bottom line, but you have let unsavory characters in your parks. You have violated our contract. As I write this, I intend to engage my attorney to get a refund for dues that are supposed to be used for maintenance and what we have paid for our so-called membership. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

D

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $1.00

It's a great family park. The sections near the lake were all full of families. There were kids everywhere having a great time - love it. Away from the lake is pretty hilly and quite a variety of sites. Still, it's easy to get around with a trailer. It's more quiet up there. There was a band that night playing the blues in the tennis courts; they were pretty good too. The beach is small and parking is really tight. I won't try and drive my truck down there a second time. As retirees we won't do any extended stays there, but I'd go again as an easy overnighter. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $1.00

Park is located @ 25 miles from Yuba City, so be sure you stock up on groceries, gas, and supplies before arrival. Nice drive from Yuba City to the park, with some small hills and curves. Its a local favorite for many because of the "wildlife" and location in the hills, but we found there is little to do in the area, and quite a distance to drive to find hiking or things to do outside of the park. (We travel full time, and spend very little time at a park, or use the amenities) We stayed in Section D so we would have Cell and Satellite service. Some of the roads are very tight, little to no signage as to directional travel. Many sites in Section D have been converted to "TS" (Tent sites) because of all the electrical issues in this entire section! We had issues with our site, and they came out and changed out the receptacle but still continued to have problems for the length of our stay. **DO NOT stay in Section D without having a "EMS". A lot of Section D is very "unkept" and overgrown with bushes, trees, etc. Other sections of the park are much different, and are very well maintained, brush/limbs are cut back, etc. For us, We would not stay here again only because of the distance from hiking and other outdoor activities that we do. I can appreciate how many others would love to go to this park, because of its setting, abundance of wildlife, peacefulness, and ability to "unplug and get away". We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Section D
Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $1.00

We stayed here as Thousand Trails members. I have to admit, at first I thought this place was a bit sketchy. The park is older and in some ways run down. Many perfectly good spots are tents only and I suspect it's due to the fact the power isn't working at those sites. Some sites are pretty ugly, dug out of the hillside and rather unlevel. But there are many gems tucked away in the trees. Our spot was level, secluded and we had a great view of a grassy hillside that deer visited every evening. Good shade too in a lot of spots. The lake is beautiful and full of fish. The lodge is very nice with an adult room with free pool tables (you have to pay to play in the rest of the lodge) and a huge lending library. We ended up really loving the resort and if the new pavement on the road in and our very new power pole are any indication, they are making improvements. We'd certainly stay again. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

G18
Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $1.00

If you enjoying actual camping, rather than RV camping, this is a beautiful place. If you don't need an internet or cell signal, or are willing to give up sewer for those, this is a beautiful place.

But since this is a review on a website for RVers, I would not recommend it. My first day here was frustrating beyond belief.

The only sewer available is in X section (note that that section is not available to the public). There supposedly are a few sewer sites in the other sections, but by "a few", I mean "2 or 3", and good luck. Furthermore, there isn't even 1 dump station for every section, and these sections are really spread out.

Here's the lowdown on cell and internet, because I got mislead by other reviews: If you need internet or cell phone service for work, just don't come here, period. The ONLY sections where there is a usable signal (ie, more than 2 bars of 3G) are the top of D section and parts of I section.

Here's the problem with that: About HALF of D section has no electricity. While I was pulling into a spot there, an annual 2 spaces away was nice enough to come tell me before I had leveled, etc., that the space I'd chosen actually had no power, in spite of the lack of a sign; and that, furthermore, unless I had a power booster, I was probably better off not staying in that whole section because the power supply was so bad. (He didn't volunteer this to get rid of me - he told me when I asked him.) H section was closed so we could not check for sewer or data signal there.

If you only need a cell phone occasionally, and are able to deal with dial-up speeds from your Jetpack, and don't need sewer, you might just really like this place. But if you want a sewer site (and also don't care about your Verizon signal) and don't want to pay an extra 5 bucks a night for it, you're still rolling the dice, because they also loaded up the X section with 50 amps sites. (11 of the 40 sites there are 50 amp.)

I wish someone had told me all this before I planned my spring around this campground! We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $42.00

This is a Thousand Trails facility. We stayed as a guest. It's a very large campground with 6-7 different loops you can choose from. If you want cell phone service you need to stay in on of the loops higher on a hill that is closer to the entrance. The other loops are much lower and somewhat hidden in a small valley. Campground is rustic and wild looking with somewhat harder sites to pull into and very curvy access roads. Lots and lots of trees. We saw deer roaming through the campground every day. We stayed in November, so it was quite cool during the day and very cold at night (in the 30s). Water & electricity on most sites, but only a few sites with sewer. They do have a dual dump station as you exit. Very remote site, with a few very small 2-3 building towns nearby. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

G103

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $14.00

This is one of the nicer TT parks I stay in. Rustic camp setting which I really like, lots of shade trees, gravel sites need some leveling, some pull through sites, most sites have only water and electric only. Lodge with adult area, pool tables, and plenty for kids to do as well. There is a pool and lake access for fishing, small on site store in case you forgot something. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $1.00

TTN Rate. 50AMP is available for $5 per day but sites are limited to a very few scattered around the CG. Wi-Fi is available at the Lodge and is fairly quick. Depending on your provider cell phone coverage is none to poor and there is no HDTV reception. Staff is limited this month as peak season hasn't started yet. X section is the only place there is sewer. Twice weekly a pumper truck comes around (by appointment) and will clear your tanks for $25. Pets were allowed to run off lead and curfew was not observed by some folks in B section this week. There are two dump stations, one near B section and the other near D section at the top of the hill. Showers and restrooms are kept pretty clean and are used quite a bit. This CG is a long way from services and is quiet and restful. We would return. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $5.00

Lake of the Springs Thousand Trails is a lovely park! Although we stayed here during a week of rain, the asphalt roads and 50 amp ($5 a night), sprawling clubhouse and clean laundry facilities helped us to endure nicely. After the storms passed, we discovered beautiful hiking trails, fishing opportunities and stunning views throughout the park for an additional 10 nights. We stayed in "X" section but checked out all of the other loops which appeared to be just as peaceful. Note that the internet is only available on the top of the hill in "D" loop. Friendly staff and quiet evenings also contributed to a enjoyable stay. I imagine this park is a zoo during the summer months with so many water sport options, a playground, tennis courts, baseball diamond, miniature golf course and other fun activities! We stayed here with two dogs. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $1.00

Always heard good reports about the park, but never had an opportunity to stay - whereas it is way off the beaten path. Was pleasantly surprise by our stay? Interior roads, sites and utilities were in great shape. The best way to describe the park is a summer camp for kids. The small lake offers plenty of water activities for anyone. Most TT parks do not have stores anymore, but this park had one of the best we have ever seen. Even though the park reflects it’s age, within the TT system, it is one of the better best kept secrets within TT. Rate reflects TT membership. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $52.00

This seems like a nice place. It's a membership style park and the people there all seem very welcoming. Kind of a rustic setting which I like. The pool has adult swim times and there is a lake you can swim in as well. There are several outdoor activities swimming, walking, shuffleboard, mini golf, etc., and is less than 30 minutes to Feather Falls Casino. There is a store on site for the things you may have forgotten. I will return to this park. Quiet at night. I was able to get satellite were I parked, but it might be hard in some areas because of tree coverage. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $1.00

TTN Preserve that is way off the beaten path but a nice, quiet place to stay. The park is well maintained, staff is great, the surrounding country is great. Power and water to the sites with a convenient dump station on the way out. The sites are semi-private and the stay was very enjoyable. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $1.00

This is a private campground for Thousand Trail members. This was a great family park. For the first time ever, we felt safe leaving our children (ages 8-12) run around on their own. There is a park, clubhouse with ping pong, air hockey and more. Also a beach area, lake for paddle boats (no wake), kayaking, fishing, a pool, shuffleboard and tennis. All the equipment is available for checkout. This is a large park with alot of activities: my boys loved the daily paddleboat races that were free for the kids. It is best to try and be here for a weekend as there are more activities and the restaurant is open on the weekends. I did not give it a full ten because the bathrooms, while clean, always had something wrong. If the toilet was working then the soap dispenser was not. Overall, not a huge issue but a bit annoying. All sites have water and electrical. Only one section has sewer and the campsites are more crowded and not as nice. While there was an open space we chose another area for more privacy. We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $1.00

A huge Thousand Trails park that has lots to offer. We did walk around or ride bikes, but I would recommend using the car since may items are far apart. The Pool was closed when we were there, but the lake swimming area entertained the kids for some time. If you go to this park take you fishing equipment for the private lake, but leave the fire stuff at home, since no wood fires are allowed. Also take what you need since the nearest town is several miles away. Also if you want TV, be sure to select one of the upper sites, since TV / Satellite reception is not possible on the lower sites. We will be back if in the area for a longer stay! We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $1.00

Very nice LARGE Thousand Trails park. Our family really liked this park. Paddle boat races in the morning(free) Nice pool(kina small though). Very nice clean private lake. It is so spread out we ended up driving or rode bicycles most of the times we went to the pool, lake/store. A wide varity of different types of sites availabe. Very nice friendly/helpful staff! We camped at Lake of the Springs RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Lake of the Springs RV Resort ?