San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA

• Landing Strip Landing Strip yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

Noisy neighbors after quiet hours, loud music and yelling. Called the office, nobody there. Two nights in a row this went on, loud enough that I could hear it in my camper with the windows closed and a TV and a white noise machine on. I left a couple of messages for the office personnel, but we're leaving in the morning anyway, so I guess they won't care. I will never return to this KOA. We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $80.00

The men's RR was constantly out of toilet paper and filthy. I usually use the handicapped facilities in campgrounds because of my needs; I could not use these because of the above mentioned issues. The ladies working in the office were very nice and trying very hard to handle all the issues coming from the customers. But, what are apparently supervisors were curt and rude and interrupted the workers, in front of us, to correct. Embarrassing them is not the way to supervise or train employees. It was uncomfortable for me to witness this. A premium site should be level enough to get your rig at some sort of useable angle, but they aren't. Although a night patrol was on duty, little was done about the noise until after 2:00am. For the prices charged, I expected a better quality, i.e. relative level site, laundry facilities working, clean site, quiet hours enforced. I'll dry camp at the Walmart before I stay here again. We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Motorhome.

main campground

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $71.00

Worst KOA experience yet. Be prepared for cold, unhelpful, and inconsiderate customer service. We'd been having engine problems with our tow vehicle (for our 5th wheel) and arrived early in hopes of getting a spot so we could unhook and take the truck in for service. We were told by the staff that we arrived too early and check-in was at 2pm so we'd have to wait until then.

This place is crowded and the sites are extremely close together; the pool was packed with so many kids you couldn't get in. The bathrooms were not clean and kept up; the showers were filthy and it was obvious they weren't inspected and cleaned daily. The laundry room was decent, except for 3 of 6 dryers were broken, with signs on them that said "check back tomorrow" -- but no one ever came to repair them.

Check out is 11am. At 9am and still no truck, we talked to the staff to let them know of our problem and they coldly responded that we had until 2. At 2pm a staff member showed up in a truck and towed our trailer to the cow field below the KOA and charged us a $20 towing fee. Despite having no hookups in the cow field (but lots of cow manure) they told us we were no longer registered guests and therefore were not welcome to use their facilities any longer. We spent the night in the cow field and the next morning they warned us we had to be out by noon, or we'd be charged another night.

Awful treatment for such an expensive, crowded, and not well kept-up campground; and awful treatment of Active Duty military personnel. We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $55.00

Give it a 2 only because it is an easy on/off from Hwy 101. I have stay at 100+ parks and this is the worst. Sites are tight, there seem to be a lot of long-term residents, and the smell of cows/goats was strong. I would not recommend even overnight and will not return. We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $56.00

Grossly overpriced, tight, nothing but dirt, no patio, inadequate and dirty laundry facilities, no one to show you to your site. Just awful and would NEVER stay there again. Woodall's rating hugely overstated and park must have been "Campground of the year" at least 100 years ago. We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $80.00

We found it expensive, crowded, and noisy. This place was a nightmare for us. It was our first experience camping at a KOA campground. We didn't have reservations and were desperate for a place to stay and this was the only place we could find. This is definitely not our idea of camping. There is not much privacy here. There were lots of rental RV's. We couldn't wait to get out of there and left as soon as we woke up! They put us next to the "rec room," and we woke to sounds of a hockey table and techno music. It was camping hell for us. We like nature and solitude not camping next to an arcade in a suburban setting. The only good thing about this place for us was the full hook-ups. In our opinion, it was also pricey for what we got. Next time we'd rather stay in hotel for that price! We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2009 - $60.00

This Campground, unfortunately is terrible. I don't have anything against the view or anything, but management is completely rude to their clients. Especially if they are young, managment treats them like they are not worth their time, money or just respect. That's the word, completely disrespectul, and close minded. They do not train their employees with accurate information, so the customer has pay the consequences. This is the worst experience that I, or my family have been through. If you want to be treated like a human being who deserves some respect, please don't come here. We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Campground Cabin.

Date of Stay: January, 2009 - $56.00

Had my husband not had the huge misfortune to suffer a heart attack while staying at this campground, I would have been inclined to give it a "thumbs up" in terms of the hook-ups and facilities. However, the manager came banging on our door soon after my husband came back from receiving an emergency angioplasty w/stents from the local hospital. He wanted us to take care of the bill and vacate asap! My husband was in no shape to drive as he was not released from the doctor. But we were left with no other option as I couldn't drive the motorhome. Hopefully, the unexpected does not happen to you if you are at this park. They were neither helpful nor understanding! My husband was only in his mid-forties and it was not like we planned this to happen! I guess the ambulance showing up was bad for business. They just wanted us out of here! We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2007 - $50.00

Pleasant park that appears to be family oriented. Shady, narrow tree lined roads make moving 38' rigs or bigger a bit interesting. Staff in the office was not particularily pleasant or helpfull. The morning after our arrival home from staying at this park we glanced out our window and saw that roof of the RV was covered with red debris that looked like it had come from the dead tree limbs above our site. This stain did not wash off and required compounding and rewaxing. It took 2 weeks to finally talk to the manager (after leaving numerous messages with his staff)to see what could be done about this problem. We were told to bring the RV back to them and they would see if they could do anything. Too far away for us, so we declined. If you stay at this park, we would suggest that you check the health of the trees above your campsite before pulling in. We camped at San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA

Are you affiliated with San Francisco North / Petaluma KOA ?