8.7 Excellent

Mountain Gate RV Park

Redding, California

14161 Holiday Rd
Redding, California 96003

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain Gate RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

This was the nicest overall park I have stayed in since I began my life as a full-time RVer. It is a lovely park set among many oak and other kinds of trees with concrete slabs and grass dividing sites. The bathrooms are the nicest and cleanest I have been in. Each time I went in to shower, It looked as if everything had just been cleaned to include the shower curtains. A maintenance person even checked the bathroom at 8:30 at night to make sure it was in good shape at the end of the day for those showering later in the evening. The woman who checked me in was a delight. I wish we were allowed to use names when people are especially nice when we write these reviews, but we are not. The day I was leaving, the owner of the park stopped by and chatted with me. He could not have been nicer or seemingly more concerned about his park. The location is wonderful, just five minutes from a small town located off the next exit from I5, and Redding is just 10 minutes away. You are within short driving distance for day trips to Shasta dam, the lakes, Burney Falls and several other natural wonders in the Shasta mountain area. The park is so nice and well-kept, I am thinking of spending at least a month there as I make my way back north in the spring. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

This is a very attractive CG. Built on a hillside, sites are on steppes with nice lawn/landscaping. Take exit 687 off I-5, east side of the highway, right on Holiday Drive to the CG. Good signage. Holiday drive is asphalt in poor condition. Friendly front office staff. Credit cards accepted. No tent camping or yurts but has cabins. CG roads are wide, asphalt in good condition. There are many, tall trees but no overhead or access obstacles. Easy turns. FHU-20/30/50. Transient sites are concrete surface, level with utilities at mid-rig, sewer connection at ground level. No patio, nice picnic tables. Many trees challenge satellite views. Fires not permitted. Good water pressure and taste. Stocked office store. Restrooms/showers are "90's" but very clean and maintained (score "A"). Propane at $2.35+tax/gallon. Laundry. Small but clean and safe playground (Lil' Tykes equipment). Cable TV. Free Wi-Fi with adequate bandwidth. Verizon coverage at "1-bar"; Jetpack 4G coverage at "3-bars". Unheated, big pool. Hot spa. No traffic noise from I-5. Bug Report: no notable insect issues in October. Recycle bins for everything except glass. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Drive about 9 miles south to Redding for everything from restaurants to banks to hardware to shops. Diesel near CG is $3/gallon but only slightly cheaper in Redding ($2.799 at Chevron). RV service and parts stores all over the place. Camping World about 5-ish miles south on I-5 from Redding. I recommend Casa Ramos Mexican on Hilltop Road.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $39.00

This park is tops in all that is important to us. Clean bathrooms, nice hot showers with hand held shower heads in handicapped. Excellent wifi! Level concrete pads with grass and picnic tables. Hate to give such high ratings because I don't want it to be harder to get our favorite place! Too late! Very popular place! Very nice staff! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Lassen, whiskeytown lake, lake shasta

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

The campground is nice, with level concrete sides and enough clean restrooms and showers, the wifi signal is strong only the speed is awful so Wochenende use our smart phone as a hotspot (AT&T provides 2 bars LTE).

What I didn't like on this (and the most other campgrounds) is, that they give the overnight guest always the poorer sites and told you: "no other sites are available" (in our row alone where 4 nicer and bigger sites free and stayed free for the whole night).

And to charge us a extra fee for our dogs ($1 per day and pet) is not up-to-date. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Gate RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

Very neat, quiet, clean, manicured park with plenty of elbow room. Well maintained sites with concrete level pads with plenty of room for slides and awnings. Shade trees well trimmed to not interfere with your coach. Friendly and inviting office staff. No park is perfect, but this one is pretty darn close. Pay no mind to the reviews of road noise from I-5. I'm a light sleeper and I didn't use ear plugs! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

If you haven't seen the redwoods, head over to the Avenue of the Giants and Humboldt Redwood State Park. You won't regret it.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $39.00

This was our 2nd stay at Mountain Gate RV Park. We like the spaces and the staff is always very friendly. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast in the morning. We would stay here again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $39.00

This is a very nice park, very easy to get in and out of. When we first arrived and started to hook up to utilities, we found that we had a problem with the 30 amp electrical hook up. I went to the park office and told them about the issue and they jumped on it right away. It was 109 degrees out side and the park manager was out there for about an hour and got it fixed. The people that run this park are first class, very helpful the entire stay. The bathrooms and showers we very clean and well taken care of. The laundry room was also well maintained.

If you are going to stay in Redding CA I would highly recommend this park. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt

Take the drive to Lassen National Park, about an hour.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Very nice park. We were originally put in site 122 but could not get satellite tv and the office moved us to site 73 and it worked perfect. The restrooms were very clean and checked often. Seemed to be many long term residents but not a problem. There is not much to do at the park directly but the location is good for exploring Lake Shasta, Whiskeytown Lake etc. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Hi. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe travels and hope to see you soon.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $39.00

We originally had reservations up in Lake Shasta and the day we were leaving I went into my google maps to map our trip and noticed some reviews of the place in the Google maps app. I clicked on them and it took me to Yelp. I was horrified to find that the place in Shasta had terrible reviews. I had only booked our trip 3 months ago, yet in the last 2 weeks since the 4th of July there were 5 bad reviews, bringing down the overall rating. This was the first week the hubs and I had off in 4 years. We decided we couldn't take a chance. We immediately found Mountain Gate here on RV Park Reviews. I called and spoke to a very nice man who got us in for 5 nights!! Mountain Gate RV Resort is super friendly and super clean. There's a gated dog park with gravel. The spots where we are, are off set so we don't see neighbors on either side. We don't use the bathrooms/showers, but I hear they're clean and the parks overall cleanliness likely reflects that. The pool is quaint and very clean. They have coffee and muffins in the office in the morning. Needless to say, the hubs and I had to drive to our original destination to see what all the horror was about. It was horrible, staying at Mountain Gate RV Resort was the best decision we made. We're only halfway into our trip and we love the peacefulness. A little highway noise, but not bad at all. This park is wonderful! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

76 Back-in

No Others In Sight, Spacious
Sunny Open, Some Shade

The Chevron down the street has BlueDef fluid. Found that out after going to Walmart twice.

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for staying at our park. I am glad we could do our part to start you vacation on the right track..
Have fun,
Pat, Mgr.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

Nice park. Great staff. Friendly campers. WiFi excellent. Coffee and snacks were nice from 7:30 -9:00. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Sundial bridge was a must see. As well as the free tour of Shasta Dam. Shasta Lake National Park was lovely for picnicking. Gary's RV service helped us out at the last minute with brake controls. Phew! Would have liked to have stayed longer to see all the waterfalls in the area.

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Hi. Thank you for staying with us.
I agree the Sundial bridge is a wonderful place to bike, hike along the river or visit the botanical gardens.
Safe travels and have fun

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $32.00

Second time we have stayed here. This time for 12 days. Just keeps getting better. Owner and staff work hard to keep the park perfect. Thanks for a wonderful stay! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $30.00

Price reflects a small trailer discount. This is our go to RV park in the Redding area as on overnight on the way north or south on I-5. The park is well maintained and attractive with its many trees. The restrooms are large, fairly modern, and well lit. The showers give ample room and there is plenty of hot water. All sites have concrete pads. Many are terraced into the hill and are as a result not quite level side-to-side. Not a big problem but it can take a little work to get level. In the past the park offered a light breakfast with various pastries and coffee in the morning. Now they just provide coffee. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $58.00

Great park right on the 5 south of Lake Shasta. level, clean pull-through and back-in sites. Good hookups and amenities. Needed one night at the end of a long trip to do laundry and clean up and this was perfect spot.

Friendly and helpful staff at check-in and upon leaving the next morning. Wanted to fill propane and they were right out to assist. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

40-ft back-in

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $32.00

Nice park level pull-thru sites. Fast WiFi, close to I-5 freeway. Arrived late staff waited and guided me to site. We will stay here again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $41.00

We stayed one night. The staff people were open and friendly. The park is on the side of a hill so there is the need to walk uphill or downhill anywhere you go.

If you plan to go there, use the street address in your GPS and not the name of the park. There is a lot of confusion for the GPS when you put in Mountain Gate.

The park is on the east side of I-5. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Gate RV Park

Are you affiliated with Mountain Gate RV Park ?