8.7 Excellent

Mountain Gate RV Park

Redding, California

14161 Holiday Rd
Redding, California 96003

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain Gate RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $42.00

Sites are a little close together but comfortable. Plan ahead. Not much in the way of real grocery stores. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $44.00

We were in site 74 (back in site) which sits on top of the hill in the park. We had plenty of room on either side of the coach. Easy access to the park from I-5. A bit of traffic noise when outside, but it was too hot to spend much time outside so we didn't really notice. Bathroom facilities were convenient and clean. AT&T signal was good. WiFi was above average. Convenient to Redding and Lake Shasta. Only two minor issues: 1 - We got two vouchers for wifi (one device each) and couldn't switch between devices. Cell signal was good enough so didn't need wifi for our phones which made this workable. 2 - The extra parking is in front of our site which made backing the 38' RV into the spot a challenge. Luckily when we got here some spots were empty which made it work. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 74

Lassen Volcanic National Park is the nicest park you've never heard of. A bit of drive but worth it. Shasta Caverns were a good way to spend a hot day.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $37.00

We stayed there 4 nights with our RV club. 10 rigs plus one cabin. The park management let us use the club room at no charge. Everyone was helpful and all our members enjoyed our stay. This is the 2nd year our club stayed and the 4th time we as individuals stayed. I recommend it. Park had cable, as so many trees didn't allow for Dish. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Shasta Lake. Take the Dam tour. Also the Shasta caves. Many antique stores near by.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $41.00

We enjoyed our three day stay. The location is very close to Shasta Lake, dam, and caverns. The park is very well maintained. The baths and showers were clean and in excellent condition. There is a hot tub as well as a pool. The hookups and wifi worked. They serve good coffee in the clubhouse in the morning. Although it's close to I5, we were in the back of the park and the highway noise wasn't objectionable. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Hi. Thank you for the great review

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Gate RV Park

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $41.00

First of all, I screwed up and reserved the wrong dates. And there was a rally going on that had all the larger sites (I have a big rig). Management was most gracious to work with me and others so I had a suitable site. Thanks! All roads are paved and the pads are concrete, level and long. They do have a ramp up in and out so those of you with big rigs with windshield problems might want to keep this in mind. Trees provide shade but also limit satellite access. The park is clean and well organized and I recommend them. I gave a 9 because the park can handle big rigs but it is a bit tight. But no problem, just take care in the corners. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

VERY nice campground. I wish all campgrounds had it together as well as this one did. Easy check in. Paved roads and level concrete pads. Each site seemed to have its own shade tree. Pool and hot tub. Several washers and dryers ready for use. Close to I-5 but very little road noise. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

When I first approached the site, I thought it would not be near long enough. It was a pull-through on the end of a row with a short concrete parking pad. Then I noticed there were stripes on the asphalt behind the concrete where the toad parked. It ended up working fine. This is a very nice-looking park, with lots of trees and grass. Good paved interior roads. Close to the interstate, but noise was not an issue at night. Verizon cell and internet worked. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt, Grass

There is no diesel or DEF at the gas station at the exit on I-5.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $48.00

Pull-in sites close together, not much room to relax outside the rig. Each pull thrum had two trees which allowed some shade. Concrete pads. Amenities fine, but this is a stopover and jumping off point for nearby Lake Shasta, not a destination site in itself. Good internet connection. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

Very easy to find right off of interstate 5. Friendly staff had our info & site picked for our long rig. Very clean nice place to stay. We stayed for four days. Could hear the interstate very faintly at night but not a problem to sleep. I would recommend this park. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Go and take the free tour of the Shasta Dam. It's about a ten mile trip away. Also go over to Burney Falls State park. Don't miss Lassen N.P. It's well worth the drive also.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

This park is in need of a little tlc. The grassy areas have weeds and stickers, The back end of the park has lots of weeds. If you walk your dog be aware of all the stickers. Speaking of dogs there is no dog run in the back of the park just an area for a dog to do their business back can not take off leash. The wifi was spotty, did not use the cable, roof top satellite did not work because of the trees .. Showers were clean but need a towel rack or shelve to put your stuff on. Did not use the laundry room but it looked clean, nice pool with a hot tub. Right off i5 so easy to get to. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for your review. We will continue to try to control the Thistles as best we can but the star thistle's are relentless in this part of California.
There is a dog run with pea gravel available at the park that is always weed free for your pets.
Thank you for pointing out a area we can do better at.
Safe travels

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

This is a deceptively large RV park although many spots seem to be long-termers. Office management was effective. The concrete pads are level and the hookups are good. Many sites (though not all) have a wide grass strip with (to me) very soft grass... I loved walking on it in my bare feet! We were close to the next site but not crowded. There were young trees that provided a great deal of shade so sitting outside, even in the hot part of the day, was quite pleasant. The WiFi worked okay most of the time, Verizon signal was decent. Laundry room was good. We didn't avail ourselves of the pool or hot tub, but they were being used by quite a few people. We would definitely stay here again! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 21

Most things in Redding are 14 minutes away! :-) Cinemark Movie 8 is dirt cheap. The Lighthouse was greasy but good. Great bike paths through and around the town, and a very pleasant atmosphere in the Turtle Bay area.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $38.00

This is a very nice park in the trees. This is our second time here and have enjoyed both times. The folks here are very friendly and helpful. The spaces are a little narrow and we had to use all of the space available in our spot for our 35 foot motor home plus toad. This was just an overnight stay on our way somewhere else, but it is great for that, and I suppose it could be good base for exploring the area. We will probably stay here again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $39.00

Check-in fast, efficient, and friendly. A very crowded campground with many long term residents. All the sites seemed well maintained. A little tight maneuvering around in a large motorhome. Roads are somewhat narrow and there are many cars parked in the road. Lots of trees but they are well trimmed or just tall trees. Our site was strange. When we checked in, the host mentioned that we could use as much of the road as we needed. He wasn't kidding either. We jutted out on both ends - the toad wasn't even technically in the site, it was in the interior road. The site was not very level although we were at a weird angle due to the location of the site. We were not able to get Directv due to trees but the cable was good. Verizon was 4g 4 bars. The utilities worked fine. The WII FI requires patience - it's either very slow or fairly reasonable. There is definite noise from I-5. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for choosing Mt. Gate RV Park and for your review. When you visit again we hope to provide a site that better meets your needs.
Pat Stone, Mgr.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $37.00

Stayed here for an overnight on way south on I-5. Very close to highway, but noise somewhat abated by all the trees in the CG. Concrete pads separated by grass, some have trees. Perfect for a rainy overnight. Staff very friendly, all accommodations clean. Many long term occupants, but very tidy and well maintained. They have a hot tub, lounge with a TV, and small store. Poor wifi. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

This was the nicest overall park I have stayed in since I began my life as a full-time RVer. It is a lovely park set among many oak and other kinds of trees with concrete slabs and grass dividing sites. The bathrooms are the nicest and cleanest I have been in. Each time I went in to shower, It looked as if everything had just been cleaned to include the shower curtains. A maintenance person even checked the bathroom at 8:30 at night to make sure it was in good shape at the end of the day for those showering later in the evening. The woman who checked me in was a delight. I wish we were allowed to use names when people are especially nice when we write these reviews, but we are not. The day I was leaving, the owner of the park stopped by and chatted with me. He could not have been nicer or seemingly more concerned about his park. The location is wonderful, just five minutes from a small town located off the next exit from I5, and Redding is just 10 minutes away. You are within short driving distance for day trips to Shasta dam, the lakes, Burney Falls and several other natural wonders in the Shasta mountain area. The park is so nice and well-kept, I am thinking of spending at least a month there as I make my way back north in the spring. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Gate RV Park

Are you affiliated with Mountain Gate RV Park ?