8.7 Excellent

Mountain Gate RV Park

Redding, California

14161 Holiday Rd
Redding, California 96003

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain Gate RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $42.00

Sites are a little close together but comfortable. Plan ahead. Not much in the way of real grocery stores. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

Very nice shady trees with concrete pads, and paved roads. The staff was very nice and even directed us to our site in his little cart. They have some gravel and grass around the concrete pad and a picnic table. Also they have a pool, spa, laundry and pet run. It's near the 5 so it gets noisy but we don't mind the white noise. Think of it as a rapid river. Nice to see some deer in the field. It's a very clean place. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $37.00

We stayed there 4 nights with our RV club. 10 rigs plus one cabin. The park management let us use the club room at no charge. Everyone was helpful and all our members enjoyed our stay. This is the 2nd year our club stayed and the 4th time we as individuals stayed. I recommend it. Park had cable, as so many trees didn't allow for Dish. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Shasta Lake. Take the Dam tour. Also the Shasta caves. Many antique stores near by.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $39.00

We really loved this RV park, it had 120 terraced sites that were roomy with lovely bushes and trees separating each site. The WiFi and Cable (which even had HBO) were terrific. All the utilities were placed properly, each site also had a table, the sites were concrete. The owners took immaculate care of the park and were very helpful with our side trips we took. A must do is Lassen Volcanic National Park, Shasta Lake and Dam, And Whiskey Town. Redding has everything you would need in a very compact area. You can't go wrong with this park. Price reflects a weekly discount. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Gate RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $41.00

This is a really nice park just north of Redding. It is an easy on/off right on Hwy 99, but there isn't much traffic noise, even in the front of the park. The owner keeps the park very clean, and was very nice. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Grass

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Shasta Lake Caverns is just up the road. Just a warning, though, that there LOTS of stairs to climb if you want to see all of it. The free Shasta Dam tour was awesome. Also, the Shasta Lake Visitor Center has lots of great information about the lake and Dam. We also drove up to Lassen Volcanic NP from here.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $41.00

We enjoyed our three day stay. The location is very close to Shasta Lake, dam, and caverns. The park is very well maintained. The baths and showers were clean and in excellent condition. There is a hot tub as well as a pool. The hookups and wifi worked. They serve good coffee in the clubhouse in the morning. Although it's close to I5, we were in the back of the park and the highway noise wasn't objectionable. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Hi. Thank you for the great review

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $41.00

First of all, I screwed up and reserved the wrong dates. And there was a rally going on that had all the larger sites (I have a big rig). Management was most gracious to work with me and others so I had a suitable site. Thanks! All roads are paved and the pads are concrete, level and long. They do have a ramp up in and out so those of you with big rigs with windshield problems might want to keep this in mind. Trees provide shade but also limit satellite access. The park is clean and well organized and I recommend them. I gave a 9 because the park can handle big rigs but it is a bit tight. But no problem, just take care in the corners. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

VERY nice campground. I wish all campgrounds had it together as well as this one did. Easy check in. Paved roads and level concrete pads. Each site seemed to have its own shade tree. Pool and hot tub. Several washers and dryers ready for use. Close to I-5 but very little road noise. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $39.00

Very nice well kept park. Excellent customer service. Our neighbor failed to clean up after their dog and I stepped in it. The manager came right out and cleaned up the poop and talked to the neighbor. Had a major power failure while it was 115 outside and the staff tried everything they could to help. Our site was a little steep getting in so we had to take off our bike rack before parking. Other than that the site was long enough, level, and plenty of space for us. Definitely would stay again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Try to visit Whiskeytown NM on a day that they do the ranger lead kayak tour. It is free and the provide all the equipment. You need a reservation.

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Hi John.
Thank you for your nice review.
The power outage was due to the large PGE transformer failure. A new one was needed which delayed the repair while one was found. Now we have a new larger transformer that should be good for many years.
We thank you for your understanding and patience
Safe travels,
Patrick, Mgr

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

Very easy to find right off of interstate 5. Friendly staff had our info & site picked for our long rig. Very clean nice place to stay. We stayed for four days. Could hear the interstate very faintly at night but not a problem to sleep. I would recommend this park. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Go and take the free tour of the Shasta Dam. It's about a ten mile trip away. Also go over to Burney Falls State park. Don't miss Lassen N.P. It's well worth the drive also.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

This is a deceptively large RV park although many spots seem to be long-termers. Office management was effective. The concrete pads are level and the hookups are good. Many sites (though not all) have a wide grass strip with (to me) very soft grass... I loved walking on it in my bare feet! We were close to the next site but not crowded. There were young trees that provided a great deal of shade so sitting outside, even in the hot part of the day, was quite pleasant. The WiFi worked okay most of the time, Verizon signal was decent. Laundry room was good. We didn't avail ourselves of the pool or hot tub, but they were being used by quite a few people. We would definitely stay here again! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 21

Most things in Redding are 14 minutes away! :-) Cinemark Movie 8 is dirt cheap. The Lighthouse was greasy but good. Great bike paths through and around the town, and a very pleasant atmosphere in the Turtle Bay area.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $14.00

Just finishing a 30 day stay at this very nice park. A good number of drive-thru sites for temporary stops. Many long term units but they are kept very neat and tidy. Easy on & off from Hwy 5. Park is relatively close to the highway but road noise is not excessive. Sites are cement pads, level and long enough for my 32' TT. Restrooms and showers were spotless but temperature was low (61) last night. The owner and staff are top-notch, always ready with assistance and local info. Would definitely stay here again when in the area. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

8-10 miles to Redding and good shopping. Shasta lake is close.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

This was the nicest overall park I have stayed in since I began my life as a full-time RVer. It is a lovely park set among many oak and other kinds of trees with concrete slabs and grass dividing sites. The bathrooms are the nicest and cleanest I have been in. Each time I went in to shower, It looked as if everything had just been cleaned to include the shower curtains. A maintenance person even checked the bathroom at 8:30 at night to make sure it was in good shape at the end of the day for those showering later in the evening. The woman who checked me in was a delight. I wish we were allowed to use names when people are especially nice when we write these reviews, but we are not. The day I was leaving, the owner of the park stopped by and chatted with me. He could not have been nicer or seemingly more concerned about his park. The location is wonderful, just five minutes from a small town located off the next exit from I5, and Redding is just 10 minutes away. You are within short driving distance for day trips to Shasta dam, the lakes, Burney Falls and several other natural wonders in the Shasta mountain area. The park is so nice and well-kept, I am thinking of spending at least a month there as I make my way back north in the spring. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

This is a very attractive CG. Built on a hillside, sites are on steppes with nice lawn/landscaping. Take exit 687 off I-5, east side of the highway, right on Holiday Drive to the CG. Good signage. Holiday drive is asphalt in poor condition. Friendly front office staff. Credit cards accepted. No tent camping or yurts but has cabins. CG roads are wide, asphalt in good condition. There are many, tall trees but no overhead or access obstacles. Easy turns. FHU-20/30/50. Transient sites are concrete surface, level with utilities at mid-rig, sewer connection at ground level. No patio, nice picnic tables. Many trees challenge satellite views. Fires not permitted. Good water pressure and taste. Stocked office store. Restrooms/showers are "90's" but very clean and maintained (score "A"). Propane at $2.35+tax/gallon. Laundry. Small but clean and safe playground (Lil' Tykes equipment). Cable TV. Free Wi-Fi with adequate bandwidth. Verizon coverage at "1-bar"; Jetpack 4G coverage at "3-bars". Unheated, big pool. Hot spa. No traffic noise from I-5. Bug Report: no notable insect issues in October. Recycle bins for everything except glass. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Drive about 9 miles south to Redding for everything from restaurants to banks to hardware to shops. Diesel near CG is $3/gallon but only slightly cheaper in Redding ($2.799 at Chevron). RV service and parts stores all over the place. Camping World about 5-ish miles south on I-5 from Redding. I recommend Casa Ramos Mexican on Hilltop Road.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $39.00

This park is tops in all that is important to us. Clean bathrooms, nice hot showers with hand held shower heads in handicapped. Excellent wifi! Level concrete pads with grass and picnic tables. Hate to give such high ratings because I don't want it to be harder to get our favorite place! Too late! Very popular place! Very nice staff! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Lassen, whiskeytown lake, lake shasta

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Gate RV Park

Are you affiliated with Mountain Gate RV Park ?