8 Good

San Juan Bautista, California

9664 Betabel Rd
San Juan Bautista, California 95045

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes

Ask fellow campers about "Betabel RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $50.00

Nice park. Well maintained even though it's probably 90% full timers. All seem to keep sites clean and neat. Just means there are probably only 20 nightly sites out of 164. But if your looking for a safe place on a long road trip pretty much out in nowhere, stop here. Betabel means beet in Spanish. Dole Co owned most of the land in the area a grew sugar beets. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

C126

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Park has laundry, cable tv, pool, small mini mart, nice large grass area outside main office.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $55.00

If I could give them 0 stars if I would. I repeat DON'T STAY HERE if you want to level and be treated fairly. We had reservations for 2 nights and got in after 5pm so the office was closed; got our pamphlet and headed to our site. We have a 2017 Winnebago Tour 42QD and when I tried to level the site was so HEAVILY sloped to to front it came up as "Excessive Slope". I disconnected my Toad backed up to the back of the site and tried it again with the same result. I then tried the same process in 5 other open sites with the same result. After 1 1/2 hours of trying I finally gave up. I found another resort in the area called them and made reservations. I then called the after hours number and told them that we tried everything but couldn't level and had to leave, he advised me that he would inform the manager. We went to the new resort pulled in, pushed the button and YES LEVEL. I called the manager in the morning and advised them that we couldn't stay because we couldn't level. SHE DIDN'T CARE, she said no refunds. I also told her that when I called and made the reservation on the phone, no one told me that there are no refunds. I could understand that if we didn't make it we would have to pay, but they also should have the expectation to give us a product that we are paying for. If they can not provide us a product we shouldn't be liable for the purchase. I also noticed, what should have been my first clue, that those that where staying there where mostly TT and 5th wheels and you see the backs nearly on the ground and fronts on 6 to 8 inches of blocks. We have stopped at other resorts where the site were so sloped we couldn't level and they NEVER hesitated in giving is a refund. Final thoughts - RUN, don't Stop. This place is terrible and the management is even worse, all they want is your money. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $50.00

Very well kept park with mostly long term folks. Water and power very good. Good reception from cable tv with a lot of channels. The unsecured WiFi was an issue. In a classic Trojan horse scam they wanted you to log on by clinking on a email link they sent to you. The terms of service for the WiFi were in Latin. The check in person didn’t know if it was a contract company or RV park owned the service. I would stay here again but not use the WiFi. T-Mobile has good reception with fast streaming. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

Monterey, Santa Crus, San Jose and Cupertino are within 1 hours drive.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $50.00

Very large park with all the amenities and very crowded. Membership resort that accepts the public. Paved roads and wide level concrete pull thru and back in sites with a strip of grass or gravel between and scattered trees. Utilities good. OK for big rigs. Most sites can get satellite signal and good cell signal at all. Free Cable TV, pool, rec room and store. Most rigs with retired people and very few families. Park clean and staff friendly and helpful. Very nice resort only a few miles to a major town. Would stay there again. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Betabel RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $47.00

Everything about this park was perfect. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. All of the hookups were in great shape: good water pressure, good cable connection, good sewer connection, level spot, etc. The surrounding scenery is also beautiful and the park is quiet. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Easy to get to Gilroy or to the coast via Hwy 101. Quite a few full timers. Quiet park. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Gilroy is 8 miles away. It has Walmart, fast food, and shopping malls.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $45.00

The portion of the park that is used for the 'short term' campers is basically a large parking lot with white lines to separate the sites. That said it is close to many areas with easy access to highways so is a good base to explore the coast or the garlic of Gilroy. All the services work great except for the WIFI. The web site warns it is limited but the limit is your patience trying to log on over and over. Microsoft devices work but Apple devices seem to be really hit and miss as to whether they would work. My wife' s IPAD worked part of a day and would not log on for the remainder of our stay. If a park has Packet Fence for a provider be ready for the ultimate frustration - even though the speed isn't bad when it works!! That said the staff are very friendly and accommodating. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt

One of the ladies recommended we stop @ Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing for some local sea food, a local legend. It was definitely great food in a unique environment.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $49.00

Nicely maintained grounds, easy on and off freeway. Has a security gate that is activated after 5pm. We were there for one night and were placed next to a large family, when there were many open spaces. Many long term trailers, cars and trucks coming and going all night in the park. Train tracks nearby. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

C-133 on asphalt

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

Concrete community. No grass at campsites gravel and bushes only. Electricity was solid during excessive heat waves. Easy to navigate to CG and also in CG. Fair amount of nicely maintained permanents. 108. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $48.00

Extremely convenient for the traveler off Highway 101. I had a tiring journey from LA and needed a place to stay for the night in my Class B motorhome. This privately owned park was very well run and quiet in spite of its proximity to the highway. It's not necessarily a destination spot, but it is located not far from beautiful Monterey. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $60.00

Pretty park. We've stayed here many times because there are so few good parks in the area. However the water pressure is the worst I've encountered in 15 years of camping. The Wi-Fi is a joke. Would be better if they just admitted it is really nonexistent. This park makes a lot of $$ on all of us. I'm sure they could afford new water pipes and decent Wi-Fi. Ah well... I'll probably be back since I have family living in the area. What a nice surprise it would be if they improved the water pressure and Wi-Fi. Hahaha. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

Stopped for an overnight. Very nice RV park. Good check in lanes. Roads asphalt. Pads level cement. Disconnect toad at check in lanes. FHU's good condition. This RV park has many full-time people that come in for seasonal work. Call ahead for reservations. Park was 100% full at this writing. There are trees in the park and not all sites are sat friendly. The roads are wide with easy turns. Spaces are a bit tight but easy to place rig. Verizon and T-Mobile signals good. Space 110 had sat. access. Wifi was unusable. Park has cable 28 stations. Park has two large grass off leash dog areas, but they are not fenced. There is a Walmart about 8 miles away. Also, there is a Shell gas station one exit up with drive-through lanes for gassers. I would stay here just for an overnight stop. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

My back in site 122 was not very level. I had to place 4" blocks under the front wheels to prevent them from raising off the ground. The wife had some issues in the ladies shower with getting a constant water temperature. Overall, this is a nice quiet campground, just far enough from the 101 that we had no issue with traffic noise. We were parked adjacent to the large grassy area and were awakened several times with the sprinklers spraying water on our rig. Don't leave anything outside you don't want to get wet. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

We found a great little Italian place in Gilroy, Mamma Mia's. It's located on Hwy 152 on the west side of Gilroy in a small strip mall. The food was delicious. Highly recommend stopping in for a bite.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $46.00

Stayed here in a 43' motorhome. Spaces are a bit tight, but satisfactory. Space 96 & 97 are good pull thru locations. 97 will not allow good satellite reception, but it is a shady end site. Park is very full of long term RV residents, many with 2 cars. This causes the park to look shabby & dated since some rigs are pretty old & their sites are cluttered. The Garlic Lane restroom/shower is clean, but in need of renovating. We stayed here due to proximity to Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur. Even though the park is adjacent to Hwy101, road noise is minimal. Easy, safe entrance/exit to RV park. This park is gated. We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $48.00

This park is just ok for an overnight. If you happen to get stuck on the black top, which we did, you'll find yourself wondering what the difference is between this and a Walmart parking lot...except this has hook ups. We went walking on the "nice" grass, only to find out No One here seems to pick up after their pets! We've traveled to some really nice RV parks, some not so nice. I'd put this one down toward the lower end.We are in search of better places to stay! We camped at Betabel RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt

San Juan B is a nice little town.

Featured Campgrounds Near Betabel RV Park

Are you affiliated with Betabel RV Park ?