5.4 Average

Vallejo, California 94590

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $45.00

The park is very clean . Very close to Ferry terminal going to S F . It is just off of I80 so some freeway noise in the mornings . We were in a 45' motor home and still parked car in front. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Asphalt
Not big enough for my motorhome

The ferry terminal is very close and S F was about 45 min drive.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $46.00

Pulled off the highway (I-80 south) to a very short turnoff ramp, be careful you don't have much room to slow down. As you drive on the frontage road to the RV park, you will see some vehicles, which look like there are homeless people living in them. The park roads are narrow, but the pull-throughs are at a good angle to get your rig parked. The site was level. My leveler was doing nothing more than stabilizing the rig. Dog park in the back corner that had nice cut grass with bags provided. On one side of the park, you had a very dilapidated mobile home park. Behind was a lower income neighborhood, and to the other side was an extended stay motel. The area was not one I was very comfortable in and we did have one person passing through asking us if they could use our AC to charge their phone. The people working there were very nice and made the check-in pleasant. I was not impressed with the city of Vallejo (which the RV park can do nothing about) and will not stay in this area again. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt
Picnic Table, Patio

Please be careful getting off of I-80, both the entrance and exit ramps are short with no warning that they end after just a few feet after a very tight turn. We ate at two very great local restaurants. One in the downtown area of Vallejo is Frymazing, a Korean Chinese cuisine. The other is Kehualani's Cafe. This is a Hawaiian Filipino cuisine socializing in breakfast and brunch foods. You should also visit the Jelly Belly plant for a tour up north.

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $38.00

I was quite nervous approaching this park as it is in a sketchy part of town. However, the park is clean and quiet and I haven't experienced any negative issues since arriving. I told them I was traveling by myself and they placed me right near the office/bathrooms/laundry. Sites are very close together and I had to ask my neighbor to move his truck so I could pull in to my space. However, the site is gravel with a small concrete pad and level. I'm in a spot fairly close to the entrance and I'm not hearing freeway noise as others have reported. Laundry is very reasonable ($1.25/wash, .25 for dryer). It took a bit of doing to get the Tengo internet to work, but now that it's up, it works fine and is free, so they must have changed that recently. Verizon has a strong signal here as well. It's certainly not a destination park, but for the price and proximity to I-80, SF/Berkeley/Oakland, it's fine. Site space was just long enough for a 25' motorhome and small tow vehicle parked behind it. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $40.00

Very tight lots. There is literally 3 feet of space between two RV's with extended slide-outs. Not long enough either. No way to park 2 cars, and they charge $18 per day for overflow parking. Wi-Fi is extra. To be fair, it is the cheapest park around, so you get what you paid for. Overall, it is OK to stay couple of days here while visiting San Francisco and Napa Valley, but I did not enjoy the park itself. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Fifth Wheel.

Visit San Francisco and Napa Valley.

Featured Campgrounds Near Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $57.00

This park gets you reasonably close to the city, but as you might expect, it is just as densely packed as the surrounding area, and the nearby freeway noise was notable. Paved access roads were easy to navigate to a level gravel site that was only just large enough for our 38' MH and car. Water, sewer, and electricity hookups were convenient. WiFi cost extra, so we used our Verizon hotspot instead. Laundry was convenient. We didn't use the bathrooms. Overall we thought the price was high for the amenities, but not unexpected in a large city. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $45.00

This is the worst RV park I have stayed in EVER! I wish I had known about this website sooner, but don't understand how anyone can rate this park anything greater than a 2. The sites had NO room between them, the WiFi didn't work, but was still charged for it, the bathrooms are insanely in need of work, and it sits right beside the interstate & is loud. Worst of all, it's in a very seedy part of town. It's full of workers living there vs. travelers. I would NOT recommend anyone use this park. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

___

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $35.00

We have stayed here a couple of times in the last few years and both times were a wonderful experience. The neighborhood looks a little tough and a lot of the campers are contractors working in the refineries close by. During our first visit (new to RVing at that point) we were assisted in backing into a tight spot by the campers next door. Once we got set up, they invited us to experience some Louisiana cooking. We did and had a great time. They were doing some contract work at the refinery and provided GREAT stories over the next few hours. Most recent stay was during the fires in Napa Valley. Again, great neighbors and pretty quiet considering the campground was full and there was a lot of drama with the fire refugees and such. We left a bit early to make room for the evacuees coming in. I could not complete this review without commenting on the lady at the front desk. She was so helpful, always calm, and just an absolutely great representative of the owner's of this campground. Site was very tight for our motorhome with a slide on each side. I would stay here again the next time I am in the area. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

Park is located in a very "seedy" community. Lot's of vagrants hanging around the park, the street in front, the slummy looking motel next door. We didn't feel safe & were scared when we left our coach. There were a number of what appeared to be abandoned RV's in park with flat tires, broken glass, etc. Mostly permanent party campers that were blue collar workers rather than tourists. We felt like we were definitely NOT in the right place as tourists. Spaces very narrow. With slides out you can barely walk between units. Picnic table is a waste & in the way because of the skinny sites. Laundry room was filthy, lint dust everywhere. No change available and office was not available according to their hours posted. They opened late and closed early so office was undependable! Female working the reception desk had a bad attitude! Always! She wouldn't take her eyes off of her computer and would ask, "Do you need something?" No good morning, Hi, How can I help you, etc, etc. Made me feel that I was putting her out every time I entered the office. There was a vagrant watching our unit, sitting across from us in a car for over 2 hours one morning. When I reported it to the camp hosts they were sassy and told me off for not minding my own business! This was the worst RV park experience in my life. I've been camping & RV'ing since the 1960's. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $35.00

Good friendly service for a big city campground. Most units appeared to be long-term people working in the area. Hwy noise is prominent. Site not level despite asphalt pad. Two foot grass patch between sites. Laundry on site. Wifi slow, cable Is mostly SD channels and grainy. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Uber ride to pier 39 was $57.00 while San Francisco daily parking is $ 54.00. Also, a Ferry ride from Vallejo to San Fran is $ 13.40 / adult. Best to leave car at RV park.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $35.00

Fine for an overnight stay, especially if you do not need to use their restrooms. Park is okay and lady at desk was very nice/helpful & they provide good information.

Park is hard to find - you need to do a hairpin turn immediately after leaving freeway and go back under the over bridge on a frontage road.

Lot of permanents and is right beside freeway but noise was bearable. Restrooms are in need of cleaning and refurbishment. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

18-30
Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $30.00

Staff was very friendly this place is more of an overnight or long time residence. Not nice neighborhood. Best thing I can say is we barely fit and the staff were great. Warning signs all over about break ins and theft. Bathrooms were clean. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $33.00

First of all, this park is NOT big-rig friendly....at most it's big-rig "squeeze-in". Short and extremely narrow gravel/dirt sites. The site was barely long enough to get in our 38' fiver; we parked the truck diagonally across the back and barely got it off the street. We could not put both slides out completely without hitting the utility post. There is a tiny concrete patio and a picnic table, but we had to move the table off the patio and put it partly under our slide in order to be able to put down the steps. Bathrooms were clean, but dingy and the one time I went to take a shower, there was no hot water at all. Laundry was very reasonable ($1.25) but one washer and two dryers were out of order and sometimes you had to wait for a machine. Wi-Fi worked well, but you only got one free hour a day. You could buy more time, though. The people in the office were very nice and helpful. One big problem: crime in the neighborhood. There was a sign on the office door announcing two thefts from cars recently and urging everyone to make sure everything was locked up. Also there were signs about making sure the laundry and bathrooms doors were locked as there had been vandalism. There is a somewhat low-class motel next door and an open gate at the back of the park into a rather rough-looking mobile-home park. I didn't feel comfortable there, as there was no security at all. In its favor, it was conveniently located to I-80 and the ferry to San Francisco. Unfortunately, there was a lot of noise from I-80, which was right on the edge of the park. There's a dearth of RV parks convenient to San Francisco, but I think we wouldn't stay here again. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $35.00

Pros: Staff is friendly and attentive to needs. Park is pretty well maintained. Access to the park was confusing at first, but turned out to be pretty convenient. We had a patch of grass at our spot, as did most other spots, and the general facilities were clean and usable. Cons: if there was wifi or cable, it wasn't available to us for some reason - we had none. The area where the park is located is a bit seedy. We had no issues and we were there for a month, but some other tenants were not so lucky. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $35.00

We chose this park so we could get on the ferry shuttle to go into San Francisco. The ferry landing is 3 miles away. The park is old and could use some maintenance. The sites are very tight but we were able to maneuver our 42 foot coach into a space and open our slide outs. We were, however, very close to our neighbors. The sites are fairly level with good hook up location. If using the Internet, you have a one hour use free each day. You can purchase additional time in the office. We chose to use our Verizon internet service which worked well here. The office staff and host were very helpful. The front section is for overnight stay guests with long term sites in the back. Many RV's appear to have been there for a very long time. Park is adjacent to the freeway and an old mobile home park. Not in a desirable section of town!! Now for the bad news. This is a high crime area and the manager and park host admitted they had lots of trouble with vandals. Our car was broken into and numerous items stolen. Since one of the items taken was a hidden spare set of keys to the RV we decided to leave the park immediately. The park manager was very willing to refund our last two days fee. I would strongly advise folks to avoid this park! We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $35.00

We went to this park so we could get on the ferry shuttle to go into San Francisco. It was a good location for getting to the ferry. The park has some confusing directions, however once there and you see the layout you will not have any problems. There is a huge pitch at the entrance/exit. The park is old and could use some added maintenance. The sites are very tight, but you will fit and be able to open all slides. The sites are level and have good hook up location. If using the Internet, you have a one hour use each day. We camped at Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo

Are you affiliated with Trade Winds RV Park of Vallejo ?