7 Good

Sac West RV Park and Campground

West Sacramento, California

3951 Lake Rd
West Sacramento, California 95691

• Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Sac West RV Park and Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $52.00

Staff friendly and efficient. Tight access. Tight sites, literally only walking space between rigs. Not particularly big rig friendly. Noisy I-80 freeway 200 meters away. Sac airport flight path overhead. WiFi typical RV park poor. Analog CaTV with poor quality. Picnic table was prehistoric. Expect more for the price. All said, access to the park is decent off the I-80 and everything necessary is within 15 minutes. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns

Bay Area and Napa are 90 minutes away.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $69.00

Only problem we had was "low voltage" in the afternoons. Could not use our power manager/power surge unit because it shut off the power to the RV each time the power dropped below 104 volts. Otherwise this is a very nice park. We have stayed before, that is why we came back. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Space 17
Gravel, Dirt

Very pleasant place to stay. Nice pool area and lots of space to walk a pet.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $68.00

Park is easily accessed from Highway 80. Only campground in area. The sites are on the small side; however, adequate. The power/water sites are pull-through; however, very tight turns so need adjusting. The lakefront sites are very pretty, though tent sites are between RV and lake. Garbage is picked up from campsite, which is very nice. While there are poop bags around, many people still do not pick up-not a comment on maintenance, just on people. It makes walking around the lake area a bit dicey. Staff is accommodating and amenities are great-besides pool, there is a game room, petting zoo, grill truck. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Extremely convenient to all things Sacramento. The Nugget Market is a few miles away and an awesome place to shop.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $65.00

This was a stop off to visit family in the Sac area. This obviously was a KOA at one time and now owned privately. Check-in was easy and our site was right next to the Registration Office. It was a hot day and i went to jump in the pool.... uh, pretty small and had dirt on the bottom. Took my chances and was joined by a group with about 10 kids. The sites are gravel and very very close together. WIFI was almost zero. They do have a lovely animal pen, with pigs, goats and a rooster that woke me up at 5 AM. My dog loved the open area adjacent to the park. Plenty of space to roam. My dog had the best time. I would only recommend for a stop over. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sac West RV Park and Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $70.00

Very lovely time! Bathrooms were spot on !! Thanks for the clean facilities. Cleanest bathrooms in California I've been too. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Cabin.

Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel, Grass
Other
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $80.00

We have stayed here several times in the past and it was ok. This time it was run down and not well cared for. Our site was deep rutted dry mud with very little gravel seen in site. Space narrow and barely able to accommodate travel trailer with slides on one side only. Had to disconnect truck due to having to move trailer far enough forward to accommodate slides. Paid too much for this site! This will be the last time we will ever camp here again! Will stay at a nice RV park near Roseville that is much closer to our daughter. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $1.00

Reviewed this place before. On this trip I needed propane. Gal in office said to bring tank over to fill area. Wasn’t too excited about that since there isn’t a cart of some sort to take it back and forth. The guy that would be doing the fill was in the office and told me he would come and get it and bring it back when full. I really appreciated the extra service! We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Food cart is great for breakfast

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $75.00

Not the worst, but FAR from the best! The good sam rating is REALLY off... in my opinion anyway. It is NOT a 9 or 9.5 park... not by a longshot! This park is extremely run down and beat up. The "premium" sites are dirt sites. At one time these sites had gravel in them... but that was probably 5 or more years ago! The sites are full of potholes, very uneven, and mostly dirt mixed with gravel. Also do not be fooled by the photos which imply there is a water or river nearby. There is a trash filled, green slim, smelly, stagnant water near the park. The photos on their website must have been taken years ago. This feels like an inner-city park. Many of the RVs are old and have not moved in many years. Most importantly... the freeway is directly next to this park and it is VERY, VERY loud!! You have to shout to be heard when talking with people outside!! It is so loud it is difficult to sleep at night. (Perhaps city folk with not have a problem with this.) It also is extremely overpriced for what it is. I am shocked at how full it is given the quality and price. I hated staying at this park! However, there are some redeeming features... First, the staff was very friendly every time I spoke with them. They were polite, helpful, and seemed happy to work there. Secondly, there is a play area for children and perhaps families would find the park better than I as a business person. Third, there is an on-site food cart which will deliver. (I did not use it, so unable to rate quality.) Lastly, it is located near a large shopping area. So just about anything you need is within a few miles. (Again this was also a downside due to all the noise and traffic congestion.) I suggest you look at the google sat image of this park so you know what you are getting into. If noise, crowded spaces, rundown appearance, along with heavy traffic does not bother you, then you will probably be okay. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Premium site

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $58.00

Sac West is perfectly located for us to visit our daughter. We like to stay in the 50 amp row right up front. All workers are very pleasant. If you desire there is the 24 Karat Grill that cooks up great breakfast or brunch up to 1PM - And they deliver to your site! The pool is fantastic! This time of year they place an air inflated dome over the top and it is 80 degrees! Just wish they would add a skinny dip hour say about 9:00 PM to 10. Only reason I gave an 8 is because of Highway 80 freeway noise. Just a quick jaunt off Highway 80 and you are there. Great place! We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 8

Old Town in Sacramento is always fun to visit.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $72.00

We stayed in a pull through site close to the office. The site was a little snug for motorhome staying hooked to the car. Even though we stayed one night we unhooked the car to park it in better and off the road. They have s little food cart we hear is good. We might get a chance to try it. One thing I wish would be they place check in and out tons on their site. Check in is 2:00 however we arrived st 1:00 And able to check in since check out is 12:00 We had to call to find this out. Park is clean and staff very nice and friendly. My favorite part is the heated pool. Check in 2:00 Check out 12:00. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $58.00

Sac West is an old KOA which was repurposed along the way. Plenty of stuff still for kids, which is fine as far as it goes. We don't travel with children (not yet, but hey, one day the grandkids will be allowed to go with their crazy grandparents . . . we hope) but our dog Izzy is kind of like a kid. She enjoyed walking down to the creek's edge. Hard to call it a river, but there were ducks on there, so she was happy. Otherwise, the sites were just gravel, not terribly level, so we had to unhook the toad for one night (always nice when we don't have to do that), and the hook-ups were also old and somewhat rusty. It's situated right off the freeway and like I said, the river is, well . . . it's a creek or a slough or something kind of like a river, just don't call it a river, okay? And no, you cannot swim in it, either, due to pollution. I thought it was way overpriced for what we needed, but if we had kids and spent maybe an extra day there, we'd use the salt water pool (nicer than all that chlorine), or eat at the mini food truck on the premises. I think the value is in the extras, not in the park itself. So for us, not that much of a value. Also - pet peeve since I have a small dog (chihuahua/jack russell mix) - someone had a huge mastiff (thankfully on lead . . . often owners just don't feel the need!) walking about the park near us. I was surprised this breed was allowed in, as like most parks they say they don't let in aggressive breeds. Right. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $57.00

The park is really geared towards families with children. There is NO space between sites; thereby leaving no privacy. The wifi was terrible...sometimes it worked, sometimes not. The staff was fine. Not a great value for what you pay. They really pack them in! We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $61.00

Price for one night seems kind of high for what you get. Our site was barely big enough to fit without unhitching. Odd setup at some sites where you run the electric and cable under the trailer. Our dog loved the dog run! It was a good sized area where the pup could really get some good exercise. The 24Karat Grill was really good. We had a breakfast burrito and an egg sandwich. (delivered to your site after making the order) We would stay here again when passing though but wish it were a little less expensive. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $54.00

We have stayed at this part twice, both times for just one night. We had difficulty this time with our hookups. It was a pull through site which was big enough, but it appeared that sites had been reorganized and the utilities left unchanged. Out sewer was on the opposite side from the electrical and water and was underneath our neighbor's picnic table. Luckily we didn't need to use it. Also lots of longer term residents and the usual stuff that accumulates around them. The site was level and big enough, just the problem with the utilities. We had a better site our previous visit. The park is convenient to I-5 and easy to get around in. Didn't use any of the facilities. Ok for one night, but would not stay longer. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $61.00

Nice playground area for kids. The camping spaces are cramped, to be polite. Literally, there is no room between sites. The utilities (electric/water/sewer) are not located on the same side of your rig. We had to move our truck so our entry steps didn't hit the electrical box/outlet. We had to step over our neighbor's electrical cord and tv cable to enter our camper. The grounds are well-maintained in this older park. It is conveniently located, about one block south of the I-80 freeway. The management personnel are cordial. Overall, this park is way overpriced. We camped at Sac West RV Park and Campground in a Truck Camper.

Gravel, Dirt
Just long enough for my truck camper

Featured Campgrounds Near Sac West RV Park and Campground

Are you affiliated with Sac West RV Park and Campground ?