2.1 Terrible

2075 Pontomac Street
Aurora, Colorado 80011

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Playground Playground no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Denver Meadows RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $56.00

Denver Meadows is not a pretty park, it has many older trailers and the utilities can be in poor location on some sites. There was a mobile home community as part of the park. Those mobile homes are being removed and some of those sites are being used for long term RV's. It is one of the least expensive parks in the Denver area. Our site was an old asphalt surface but there are sites with grass and trees. The 50A breaker kept flipping despite a built in energy management system in our coach. When I went to the office, they were very willing to put in a new breaker and it was done within two hours. Some sites for large vehicles are double sites which are used as single pull through sites. The park lies between I-25 and the Denver Light Rail. A small creek parallels the light rail line. This location is thus somewhat noisy but also makes it pretty inaccessible to casual traffic. The interstate highway has a sound barrier which reduces the noise but you will be able to hear the traffic day and night. We stayed a few days more than three weeks and never had any security concerns. The park is within sight of the Fitzsimmons Veterans Hospital and Anschutz Colorado University Hospital. The light rail station is also close enough to walk or ride a bicycle. There are shopping areas within several miles south of the park but no retail outlets in the neighborhood. We will stay at this park again. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

161-162

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $54.00

I stayed here because of work and I was unable to find another RV park that had an extended stay. The second worst park I have ever stayed in. It is so bad, I am moving to another city an hour away just to get out of here. And here are the reasons why.

1. Cost, it is $376.00 a week for 50 amp site, no discount for a month. So for the month I stayed there, it was $1504.00. 2. Location, it is on the edge of the hood, and homeless people walk through the RV park. There is a homeless camp just down the walking path. 3. The site is an asphalt parking lot that has seen its better days, lots of holes and humps, and the only grass is the weeds that they never mow. 4. Problems with the site, one day the water was off for hours, another day the electricity went off 4 different times, I was told it was because the 50 amp trailers were all running both airs at the same time, duh, you pay for 50 amp so you can run both airs on a hot day!! 5. Value, there is none, other than being in the city. No Wifi, no cable, a laundry mat where 4 of the 8 washing machines were broke. Let’s just say that I won't say I would never stay here again, but it will be my last choice if I do, just like it was this time around. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $70.00

This is by far the worst RV park we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many!! City needs to inspect this place!! Not safe and not clean what so ever!! Sewer connection backs up. Power connection is nasty. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

R1408
Gravel, Dirt

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

If you are thinking of staying here after reading these reviews and wondering 'can it be that bad' or 'maybe it has changed' or 'wow there are a lot of picky people' - well you are wrong. Unfortunately I have a 7AM appointment for service on my RV or else we cannot continue our trip and this was the closest RV park with availability otherwise I would just drive away and forget about the 67 dollars it is costing us for the evening. It is dirty, rocky, not pleasant to look at. Twinned up with your neighbors door so no privacy. Literally a parking lot and dirt lot. Some sites have trees but the majority do not. Drove to the nearest grocery store, saw 4 cops patrolling, homeless people living in cart 'forts', teenage kids hanging around in the parking lot doing nothing (would like to say 'hoodlums' or 'gangs' but trying to give them the benefit of the doubt). So far the worst RV park I have ever stayed in, and hoping it stays that way. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Featured Campgrounds Near Denver Meadows RV Park

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $49.00

The place is nothing but a big dog toilet, with rude hosts to make your stay even more miserable. Do yourself a favor a find somewhere else to stay. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $49.00

Whilst not good, this was not the worst we have stayed in! You stay here due to the proximity to the city centre (7 miles) as there are no other parks around. We have friends who live 5 miles away so this was a very convenient location. VERY basic sites - water, electric, sewer. Our site was fairly wide pull-thru on a dirt surface. The people we dealt with were very nice and accommodating (had to get rid of wasps in power box!) NO wi-fi, NO cable but there are plenty of channels. $3 per wash!!! 25c per 5 mins for dryer! We stayed at the back end of the park where it was quite quiet even tho the light rail runs nearby. Reading other reviews, I think this park has been 'cleaned up' a lot with respect to permanents/security etc. Would stay here again if unable to get into State Park, (but just for convenience). We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

13-19

DJN

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $60.00

Worse experience with a campground yet. Came to work a job, I was told $320 over the phone, drove 1200 miles and when I arrived was told $400 a week, almost 1600 a month. Bathrooms and showers run down and nasty. No pool. No WiFi. No phone service. 3 sewer hook ups at every spot, none that fit normal camper hook up so sewer runs all over the ground and camper or 5 ft apart. Trashy park. Stayed 2 nights and decided to leave, couldn't have paid me enough to stay, she also refused to refund the money for remaining 5 nights even though we didn't stay. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

9-23
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

Tacky is about the best you can say. You get a bare site with electric, water, and sewer--and nothing else. No cable (lots of broadcast channels), no wifi. The best thing here is its proximity to the light rail train, the RTD A line; $5.20 round trip to downtown in a 15-minute ride. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

The worst place in the country. Stayed here 1 year for work because nowhere else to stay in the area. Very dirty, combat cockroaches, bedbugs, earwigs and feral cats. Raised rent to $1100 for 28 days. Truck broken into 5 times. Reported to management and they told me that it's not their problem. Very rude!!! Gypsies that don't watch their children so they run wild everywhere. No WiFi. This place is a ghetto slum and management is slum lords that don't care and told me so to my face. Manager will ride around in golf cart and stare at me. Very very uncomfortable. If possible Do Not Stay Here! Police will not even investigate the break ins. Office is dirty. The manager is very rude. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $46.00

All the previous comments tell it all...HOWEVER...we paid $295 for the weekly rate plus $46 for one extra night! What we got was reliable 50amp electric, good water pressure and a sewer hookup in the back of the site. For what the owners charge they should be able to upgrade the washrooms, showers, pool, etc...and have a great park. When the VA hospital opens, they will have no problem filling the park. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Located near major thoroughfares but not bothered by traffic noise.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $50.00

My wife and I have been to thousands of RV Campgrounds and this is absolutely the worst we have ever stayed. We decided to stay here because of the Woodall's and its proximity to town. If you could sue for fraud this would be the perfect case. We stayed 8-17-15 and the pool was empty no water. The lots are so close together I had to trim the dead tree limbs on both sides of my RV just to put out my slides, the slots might be 15' wide. 90% of the people staying here are permanent and half of them have dilapidated trailers that should be condemned. When you pull in to the office they had a nice 5th wheel parked to block the rest of the park trash. We paid for one day and after driving through the park we immediately started calling for any other place to stay for the rest of the week. They charge $4 for pet, for what reason I could not figure out until I walked our small dogs and realized that no one picks up after their dog. There was dog poop everywhere. The park is in the "Ghetto". This park should be avoided at all costs. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Grass

We drove a 3 mile radius and there are no restaurants that you would want to dine in.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $39.00

The owner is nice the very first days but changes very quickly. Once you are set up she is rude and spends her days checking on you in her little golf cart. I have nothing against owners checking that everything is ok by making rounds but the owner of this park stops and stares which is very uncomfortable. The restrooms are disgusting: the sinks are broken, the doors don't lock properly and toilet paper is always out! The showers are very dirty. The sites are not well maintained, the power doesn't work very well, I was always plugging and unplugging to have power. My husband's kids came for the summer and the morning after their arrival, Fay, the owner, came to ask me "are these your kids?" in a very aggressive and rude way. I said yes and she said "it's $5/day per kid to stay here". We left the same day!!! Not only it's outrageous as we pay for a site that is not even nice, the swimming pool is condemned and the owner will not fix it because it costs too much money and she told me, before we brought the kids, that kids were annoying and noisy!!! Nice! Anyway, unless you really need a RV park for the night or the week, I wouldn't recommend this park. She charged $269/week for a dirty, not welcoming, not well maintained site. Do yourself a favor, DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!! We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $60.00

The park was incredibly filthy, waist high grass everywhere, dilapidated trailers everywhere. This place was a majority of trailer park homes that were run down, dogs barking, trash everywhere. The pool was empty and the office space was a run down space. I literally feared for my life when I had to walk my dog to use the restroom. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

a space in the grass
Grass

The construction made the normal directions to get to this place obsolete so we had to drive around the city until we called the place to get directions in a back way.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $45.00

Showers/restrooms not cleaned daily and in disrepair. Laundry expensive and dryers so full of lint, they are a fire hazard and inefficient to dry clothes in a normal time. The spaces are very muddy when it rains. 50 Amp plug didn't work properly. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Unless for convenient location to hospitals (for a short term), don't stay there.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $43.00

We have been on the road for eight months and have stayed in 15 or so parks. This was by far the worst place we have stayed. Questionable neighborhood, filthy complex, trash dumpsters overflowing, filthy restrooms with no toilet paper or paper towels, un-even sites that were filthy. Our power box did not work. Hard to believe they charge what they do for this RV park. I would highly recommend staying anywhere else other than here. We camped at Denver Meadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Denver Meadows RV Park

Are you affiliated with Denver Meadows RV Park ?