Dakota Ridge RV Park

• Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Dakota Ridge RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $60.00

Be aware of their strict unbending cancellation policy. They will not under any refund any portion of your 50% deposit. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Be careful of the 50% non refundable deposit.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $58.00

One if the noisiest parks I’ve ever stayed at... factory next door all day and biker bar across the street all night... add to that jackhammering at the storage lot and numerous unattended barking dogs... We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $65.00

Booked two sites during our stay. Staff was cordial but anytime we went to the office it was always NO, the owners won't agree to it. Pricey, park outdated, too close together spaces, very rough internal roads. Very noisy. Across the street bands played until 2 am. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

E2F2
Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $59.00

This is one of those over priced, under delivered “Resort” parks that charge an arm and leg for camping. It’s is one of only a few available campgrounds west of Denver so we had no choice after a 7 hour drive from Moab UT. To add insult to injury they charge an extra 10% because it was Labor Day weekend. It’s obviously not a popular park as there were lots of sites available. The city run campground was unfortunately full. The pool and hot tub were being shut down for the season when we arrived. We were given a back in site adjacent to a manufacturing plant. At least it wasn’t on the other side of the park near the motorcycle bar with the god awful country band.

They have both back in and pull through sites. Our back in site was very narrow and short there was plenty of room for our slide outs and utility connections but the passenger side and access door exited directly into a utility on the next campsite and drainage ditch. Our site had a concrete slab that was off level 2 inches from side to side and the road slopes opposite of the site making uncoupling and coupling difficult Many of the pull through sites had entrances so steep that they were only accessible from one direction hence making them back in or pull in site only.

Restrooms were older but fairly clean not as updated and clean as you would expect for the price we paid. The plastic picnic table had a huge burn mark in the center of it and was bent on one end making it difficult to use.

As I stated earlier there was a pool and hot tub just not functioning during our visit. There is also a very small back yard type play structure for children.

If you’re desperate and in need of a site for one night I guess this place is fine otherwise in our opinion we will never stop here again. If you do decide to stay here request a pull through site that is easily accessible. You will however pay a higher rate. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Featured Campgrounds Near Dakota Ridge RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $68.00

Entrance is clearly marked, exit is not. Turns are tight and spots are very close together. Reserved a pull through as we were only here one night passing through. Even so the guide to the site said most have to unhook to be able to maneuver into the space. We did not have to unhook, but having to do so negates benefit of pull through. Quiet time did not apply to the very loud biker bar directly across the street. We will not return. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

C2

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $65.00

Expensive for the service and amenities. Charged $25 for one hour early entry. Site not level although cement. Two electrical outages in one week w/o notice. Our lane water line broken upon arrival and never fixed. Bee infestation at water line break impeding use of car. Playground dangerous due to lack of fencing at the stone wall surrounding area. Tree roots made use of our picnic area alongside rig very difficult. We had to shim our table. Dog walk was an unfenced ditch. Noisy biker bar across the street. Staff was pleasant and picked up trash at the sites. Would not stay there again. Poor value for the money. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Shopping is pretty convenient. Good restaurants within driving distance.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $58.00

Based solely on the tickmarks on a checklist, Dakota Ridge would seem to be be ideal. It has all the amenities an RV resort should have: reasonably sized sites, swimming pool, playground, and there are lots of things to do and see in the region. There is mild noise from nearby roads and a dog kennel, but it was never intrusive. Despite my site, and most sites, being completely unshaded in the July heat, it was quite good, once I got in. It was a back-in site, and a staff member had to guide me in while watching that the back of my trailer didn't grate on the pavement as I backed over the road gutter. The park brochure invites guest to enjoy a rocky ridge above the park that offers views of Golden and Denver to the east. There's a green iron fence and gate above steps leading to that ridge, with a big welcome sign on the top of the gate, and right below that, a big "Keep Out" sign and a padlock, emblematic of the park's inconsistency in its treatment of guests. They want your business and your money, but not at the cost of any inconvenience. I encountered another example of this attitude the second day I was there, when they snootily informed me that they didn't handle mail for guests, and that they would let me have my mail that just once. For a full-time traveler like me, not being able to get my mail at my campground is quite annoying. I remember having a mix-up in my reservations for Denver, and I didn't get the July reservation with Dakota Ridge until mid-May. By then almost everything was taken, and the park was nearly my last resort for a stay near Denver. If I ever return to the area, I will remember to book much further in advance, and Dakota Ridge will be low among my priorities. At nearly $60 a night, it's way too expensive for poor service. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $56.00

The facilities were all very clean and well kept. The staff was pleasant and helpful. There's a little highway noise but the dog kennels across the street were more noisy than the highway. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

M9

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $68.00

Arrived late, but open spaces information was nicely displayed with site sizes. Bathroom, WiFi codes would have been nice have had with paperwork. Roads are a little rough, new level concrete pads, laundry room is really nice, you are going to have road noise. Not a lot of open other options in the area, but good place to visit Denver area. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

A10
Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $60.00

All the other reviews said it. I thought she was going to ask for my fingerprints before she would rent me a space. Traffic noise. VERY tight spots. Crowded close. Pricey. Only stayed here cause there was nothing else available. Site was muddy/asphalt. Parking toads or tow rigs was challenging. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $53.00

We stayed here twice. The first time we were on a site that either needed repair or under repair. There were cones over the gravel but dirt by the front of our rig. When it rained it was a mess. This back-in site had the neighbor's utilities in the middle of the yard. Not so nice having their sewer so close to our awning and outside sitting area. Our next site was a pull-through and although semi close to our neighbors, it was MUCH better. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

L5

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $75.00

WARNING: this park is rough, but the only thing available in Denver that is close to everything including Red Rocks, Golden and Denver itself. Beware of not-grounded electric. We did not have service for 2 days, they would not move us or refund us. They said it was us and not their pole (that they ultimately changed out). Our service worked perfectly after we left. Grass not cut for 4th of July, sprayed for weeds without notice on 3rd when park was full, hot tub was like a kiddie pool. Uneven sites, very tight and hard to maneuver with crappy interior roads. Staff unfriendly with attitude. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Concrete

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $86.00

Stayed at Dakota Ridge 3 nights. Found the $86.00 they charge a night to be very excessive for the site you get. They nickle and dime you to death, charging $5 per person per night plus $5 for a visitors car per night. Let me not forget to mention the vert tight spots they have for your RV. I was highly disappointed; expecting way more for the very high price we paid per night. Won’t stay here again. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $65.00

This is a really nice park. We were here for 2 nights. Our site was behind the office and was quiet. The site was level. They have a fitness center. They had a nice, clean laundry. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $58.00

Check in was easy. The bathrooms and laundry rooms are very nice and clean. The spaces are tight and we were in a tiny back in spot in the back. It wasn't level and we were around a few long term residents. The park was very quiet at night. We enjoyed hiking the loop around the back of the property - walk past the dumpsters in the back and you will see the path. It heads up and around to the left and you can go back down the other side into the RV park. There is a picnic area in the middle of this hill/mountain but it gated and not yet open for the season. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Dakota Ridge RV Park

Are you affiliated with Dakota Ridge RV Park ?