6.3 Average

Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel

Lamar, Colorado

5385 US-50 Scenic
Lamar, Colorado 81052

• Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $33.00

We stayed here as an overnight stop. Staff was friendly. This is not a resort. There are long term campers there. Is is perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. Pool was being used by a family with children. We barely fit our 43ft motorhome and towed vehicle but it did fit. We would stay there again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $36.00

This park is old, broken down and not well managed. We were told on the phone that spots were 70'+, but we could not find any that were even close to that length. Barely fit our 44' 5th wheel. There is conflicting length info on different sites/apps, so we called to verify, but we're given bad info. We were also told on the phone that they accepted Good Sams discount, but when we arrived they said no. Office is a dump and prices are very high! We asked for a refund and were denied. Not even a partial refund, so we left. Terrible business practice! Hookups are clearly old and not maintained. Would recommend staying clear of this place! We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $36.00

This place is terrible. They give complete misinformation on the phone and are disorganized. We arrived to find a site that did not fit our rig and truck as told and had to park in two separate areas. We were only there about 2 hours total as we determined there was bad weather incoming and we would need to head out to the next destination instead of waiting until the next day. I asked if they would give us a refund or even a partial refund since we were literally there for only two hours, but they said no. The pricing was ridiculous for the location and facilities and when I called they said they accepted Good Sam, but when we arrived they told me they did not take it any longer. Would NOT go back. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

At the time of this review the rating is 6.7. How this park has a 6.7 is beyond me. As we drove up the office door was locked and there are notes on the door about the rates and how to pay. Just go pick a spot. This park is gravel, sand and some grass. The sites are extremely short (pull through). Our 39' 5th wheel barely fit. We had to park the truck away, to the side, of the RV. There was dog poop everywhere, grass (what there was of it) needed mowing. Because it had been so hot and dry the gravel roads and sites were horribly dusty. There is a pool but there was no water in it. It was 100 degrees and winds blowing at 30 mph. For $42 it would have been nice to take a dip in the pool. The park is void of all hospitality, welcome or eye pleasing gardening or amenities. I can't think of a single redeeming factor. The price is obscene for what you get. I would not recommend this park and we will not go back. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Sand
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Featured Campgrounds Near Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Office building under repair from electrical fire last winter. Everything freshly painted. Laundromat needs some cleaning. Pull-through sites are short but the driveways are wide so if you hangover a little bit, no biggie. There is an aroma around horse stable area, but we are in horse country, right? Pool is clean and was being used by a number of campers. Didn't use restrooms but I did look and they looked lived in but usable. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $43.00

They only take cash or check. They say sites are pull through but were really too short. Went to check the site first and there were trucks parked everywhere. There were several men outside saying "we don't have a place for you. " We didn't stay there. This is one I would bypass! We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

I think the best way to describe this park is scruffy - its not dirty or overly junked up. Its redeeming qualities are utilities (including wifi) and being far enough from the highway road noise isn't an issue. If thats worth what they charge to you, go for it. Easy access, gravel roads, level gravel sites. Big rigs will fit some sites but barely. Same thing with the internal roads, ok to manuever even big rigs but not much room to spare. Thats helped by the many long-term residents being considerate of keeping their multiple vehicles out of the way. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $37.00

We pulled in late evening, hooked up water and electricity. The weather was terrible...wind blowing, snowing and cold which had nothing to do with the park except that the electricity kept cutting in and out. The wifi worked intermittently. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $32.00

Don't let other reviews scare you away. Park doesn't look like much, but it's actually more than fine for one night. Level gravel site, long enough so we didn't have to unhook. Showers were very clean as was laundry. No CATV nor OTA signal. WiFi was great. Owner immediately responded to an electric question on our pedestal. Workers were grading all the drives and lanes to make everything level. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt

Lamar is a sweet little town, with 2-3 gas stations, many eateries and quaint shops.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $26.00

We have been staying in this park off and on for the past five years. It does seem to have fallen on some hard times this year. While not dirty, the showers and bathrooms were not exceptionally clean either. This has always been a RV park of convenience, but not again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Travel Trailer.

Not bad if you have to stay in Lamar.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

We had stayed here before, but the place has gone downhill and the price has gone up.

Fairly level gravel FHU site, but interior roads are poor. Management doesn't seem to care where or how you park as long as you pay first.

We will not be staying here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

C Row

Poor Conditions

There is a new Wal-Mart at the Southeast corner of town. Best fuel prices are at Loaf & Jug, but access is tight (We fueled without the trailer).

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

I have to say that I didn't stay at this park. I had looked at past reviews and because I was passing through the area for the first time, planned to stay here for the night. I called ahead of time and asked for a pull through with full hook-ups. The guy I talked to indicated that that would not be a problem.

When I arrived at about 3PM I was met in the office by a lady who told me to just go pick a site and let her know which one I took. I asked if they had cable TV and she said she wasn't sure but she knew that some campers used satellite dishes, not a warm feeling. We agreed in the office that I would take site 39 on the end near the exit. I drove around from the office to the site and found that it was to short for my 36' MH with out disconnecting my tow. I then circled the campground and found that ALL sites were to short. I returned to the office and explained that I couldn't find a site. The lady said why don't you take off your tow? I asked for a refund and left. I'll never stop here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $28.00

This park is a work in progress for the new owners. They are nice; I hope it is not beyond them. Everyone has been posting about water. It appears to be ground water that is percolating up through the soil. In rural farm terms it is called ponding which can take acres out of production. On the farm it indicates that drain tiles are broken and need to be replaced. I think it is the same here. It needs fixing asap. There is some standing water but the bigger problem is the saturated soil that encompasses many sites.

We did a walk about and picked our site because it was dry.

The office was closed with a call number on the door when we arrived at 1:00pm. The owner arrived about 30mins after call. Once registered, he left again. The office was dark and dingy with no services offered.

The park is not dirty, nor are the horse barns. It is just untidy, junky, messy take your pick. The grounds need tending which is not being done. There are weeks of daily upkeep behind. A big dumpster and a all hands clean up day would go a long way. Even the flagpoles are empty. How hard would it be? This park gives an unattractive first impression that never gets better. The permanent residents appear to be firmly entrenched, not transient workers, not out of state plates. Some are unsettling at best.

There is a pool that probably looks good in season, but now, almost October, needs to be drained and covered. It is an eye sore. Some flowers, landscaping, and lighting would go a long way. Not happening.

The bathrooms are old KOA style and are adequately clean, as are the showers. Saw no reason not to use them. There is also a small laundry.

The park would be better lit at night if some bulbs were replaced.

Previous posts mentioned older kids, I'd put them to work. There needs to be a lot of effort here. I wish them well. We'll not be back to see the effort bear fruit. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $33.00

Stayed but one night, was just passing through. Few trees so somewhat windy but this is the Plains. Level pull through site but there was dampness around several sites which had been graveled over, ours included. That made hooking up a bit of chore. Something was leaking, have no idea what but there was no sewer smell so it must be alright. Easy to access. It is an OK place if just passing through and you need a night to rest. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $37.00

Sites very wet, lots of standing moldy smelly water. It was not rain water. Sites were large enough for our 41 ft motorhome and tow vehicle without unhooking. Water pressure and 50 amp worked fine. Did not put jacks down because of muddy conditions. Probably won't stop here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

F 40
Gravel, Dirt

Featured Campgrounds Near Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel

Are you affiliated with Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel ?