6.2 Average

• Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $50.00

Traveling in a 38 foot coach we stayed 4 nights in a site for big rigs. Yes the management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park is extremely strict but that's because they want a safe rv park... for kids. This was our first time staying here and after the management explained why they are so strict we were more than fine. Fact is we would not want to camp anywhere that does not put safety first! We believe the safety of kids should come first so for those of you who don't want a safe rv park then definitely go somewhere else. And yes this park does not allow marijuana or drunks, so be on your way, please! In our book this rv park receives an "A" plus for safety! Have you ever heard of the saying...'a fine tuned engine? This is a fine tuned rv park and the only problem we found here was the wifi! No campground without usable wifi gets more than three stars from us. The technology is here, there is nothing to stop any campground from investing in doing wifi properly. For some users, such as ourselves, wifi is the single most important feature in any campground. We stayed here for four night in February and the park was almost empty so there is no excuse for the terrible wifi! We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $56.00

Beware! They quoted me $39 per night, but charged $56 when I got there. When we arrived my wife stayed in the truck with our two boys. They told me we both needed to be present for the "reading of the park rules". I told them she could come in after I was done. The manager then proceeded to make her get out and come in while she offered to listed for our kids from the office porch 50 feet away. They then read each rule word by word and had us each sign understanding like we were children. I had booked months in advance, and asked for a site near the playground under the trees. They said they could accommodate that and would make a note. Upon check in, the site was not available and we were placed in the middle of the park. Not a huge deal, but irritating. When I was escorted to my spot by a staff member he lead me backwards to my site (they are angled pull throughs). After a lengthy discussion and attempt at turning me around I elected to simply pull around to the other side and back in. They are VERY strict on their park rules and state many times that you will be asked to leave with no refund. One of these stated that no carpets, tents, etc. would be placed on the grass. The area beside my camper was dirt with one or two weeds just off the gravel. The grass did not start for about 3 more feet. I placed my outdoor carpet slightly off the gravel and in the dirt. While we were gone during the day, someone pulled up my stakes to fold the carpet back and tore the corners in the process. The rule said "not on the grass", it did not say "not off the gravel". The park was clean with fairly open sites, but they share a lawn between two spots. I will not be staying here again because I simply did not feel comfortable. I always felt like I was being watched for some sort of infraction. At night, the owner (I assume) can be seen driving around with a flashlight checking people's sites, for what I'm unsure. I understand rules, but theirs are taken to an extreme. Bring a sewer seal (donut) or you will not be allowed to hook up. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

You HAVE to check out Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, amazing. Also visit Ouray to the south (like a little town in the Alps) where the public hot springs are really nice. In Montrose, Colorado Boy brewery has some of the best pizza I have ever had with generous portions and very reasonable prices. Lots of hiking in the area as well as secondary scenic roads that most vehicles can travel with ease.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $52.00

Like others have said, very basic, no frills rv park. Sites are uneven and leveling took some time. We were put in an area very far away from anything. After awhile it appeared all pet owners were in this are which is ok.

What irritated me most was the check in. The employee read all the rules line by line and had me sign at the bottom. Felt like I was in 3rd grade again. To make it worse, her husband drove up the next morning and handed us some rules about the speed limit again. When advised we had the briefing, he smiled and blamed the rules on the park owners who were in the park that same time. Not a problem, just demeaning.

The best part of the park wss the location. We were minutes from area attractions. Probably will not stay here again. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Try the True Grit Cafe in nearby Ridgeway. Food and atmosphere were great.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $48.00

This park should not be a Jellystone Park. We travel full-time all over the country and have visited many Jellystones. They tend to cost more than other places we stay, but usually the cost is justified by the fun amenities they offer. This park is just a regular, no-frills RV park that is not at all like other Jellystones. The worst part was they didn't even have a pool open until 6/24 while most parks have a pool open from Memorial Day to Labor Day at a minimum. The week we were there the temps were in the upper 90s yet no pool to cool off in. Since we travel full-time and typically stay at state parks where we are not usually able to receive packages, we always look forward to catching up on our mail and deliveries when we stay at an RV park because they typically allow you to have packages delivered. Not this one! What a disappointment to find out I could not get caught up on deliveries while staying there, especially considering the price we were paying to stay at this "no frills" park. We were there with a rally of other traveling families, and one of the families helped the manager get the laser tag guns working. We thought that since they did not have a pool or anything else for us to do, maybe they would at least get laser tag working. Then we find out they are going to charge extra to play that. Seriously? The park is already overpriced for what you get, the pool wasn't open despite the heat, and now you're going to charge extra for laser tag? No thank you! Like I said before, we've been to many Jellystone Parks, and several had laser tag, bounce pads, waterslides, splash pads, etc., and they didn't even charge extra for those amenities. It was all included in the price we paid to stay there. Well for some reason this Jellystone doesn't see the need to provide any amenities and if they do, they want you to pay extra for it. If you are looking for a park with lots of fun things for your kids to do, look somewhere else. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $48.00

If you come here during times that night temps are below freezing, you must bring winter protection for THEIR spigots and pipes. They do not protect their own water spigots from freezing. If you do not have this they will turn off your water. This is an expensive park, and I really don't think customers should be required to provide winter protection for their equipment. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $40.00

Huge park, 60 acres! Rough start: picked site 19, pulled in and no water hookup and electric box had an active hornet's nest inside. Changed to site 1. Great site! Close to dog park, laundry, restrooms, store, and Yogi Bear's cabin. Large grassy area and large aspen that shaded it. They're really working on getting all the grass grown-in. Ours was the best, in my opinion. Not busy for a Jellystone and not a lot of activities going on during the week. The weekend had a hayride, bonfire, and luau-themed dinner. Wi-Fi was super fast and very reliable. Antenna worked great, just didn't get NBC. Water pressure was unreliable. Overall, we had a good stay for 5 days. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $40.00

Just spent a week at this campground. It is a great base for exploring the San Juan Mtn area of Colorado. The staff is very helpful. They make a real effort to have activities for children. The sites are gravel and our pull-through was quite long. They work very hard to have some grass and nice trees. The only negative is poor TV reception. Otherwise, everything you could ask for. We would stay again. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $45.00

Nice clean park. Good WiFi. Friendly managers. Slightly overpriced in my opinion. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $13.00

Rate reflected is monthly Winter rate, and the campground charges $0.14/kWh. This is a great park overall with lots to do for the children or young at heart. All the outbuildings are in top notch shape, as well as the facilities. They have ping pong, foosball, shuffleboard, a pool, gaga ball pit, playground, and lots of room to have fun. The interior roads are gravel (thick in some spots) so the children will have to be pretty good riders to push through at times. There's a good, not heavily traveled, road that is just outside the park for asphalt riding. The WiFi was consistent/included in the price, and the owners/camphosts were really nice people. This is a very hospitable campground. There's a large "bark park" for people with furry children. The spacing between sites is fairly good for this part of the country. Some are closer than others, so look around before selecting your site. I tend to like more room and had no problem on the spacing. We would not hesitate to stay with these folks again. The nightly rate varies based upon day of the week. Weekends can be pricey at $45/night, but they offer good discounts so just ask. Happy trails! We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $36.00

We stayed here for a fulltime family rally and had a great time! There were activities each day for the kids, more so than another Jellystone we have stayed at. The staff was wonderful with the kids. The pool had to be closed for a while one day so a few leaks could be fixed, but that wasn't bad. We were patient, and they were understanding that the kids were itching to get in it. When we checked in the girl working the front desk didn't know they took Discover or how to handle a separate rate from the rally rate, but she made a couple calls and got it figured out, so I can be gracious with new people. The grounds where we stayed, in the back nearest the pool, were pretty weedy and bare. We had to request that the sprinklers be turned off cause our whole site was drenched and muddy when we woke in the AM on the first morning. But again they took care of it fast. All the hook ups worked fine, nothing interesting there. The wifi is HORRIBLE. even the staff will tell you. If you are in a certain place, standing a certain way, it may work for a bit. Actually, some families at the rally had fine service at their site, so that was just our experience. We did have an issue with the hay ride one time. I am happy they do it, but it was like an hour long! And my husband took our little one, thinking it would be a quick trip around the grounds. But no. They went almost into Montrose and went SLOW. We did mention it to the owner who commented that they just have a hard time getting a good length for everyone to be happy, so just know ahead of time what you are getting into. Overall it was a nice place with great scheduled activities for the kids. The movies they showed seemed to be for ages 8 and up, not G rated that I remember. If you are thinking of staying at a Jellystone, please know these are campgrounds who largely cater to kids. Expect children of all ages to be around playing and having fun. The $36 reflects a discount for being with a rally We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $42.00

When I was out there three years ago the new owner had just bought it from out of bankruptcy. The previous owner had let this park go way down. Since then the new owner and his wife had spent countless hours on improvements and it really shows. The majority of the sites are pull through with 50 and 30 amp service good water pressure. I found the WiFi to bet one of the better ones I have used. The staff is friendly and will escort you to your site. A good southern sky for those with sat. A ten minute drive to Montrose where you can find all kinds of Box store and restaurants. In less than a half hour you can be in Ouray and enjoying the San Juans. The trees are still growing it will take some time to get there. In the original sections they are fair but still needs growth. Five or six years ago this was a ranch pasture. We will return. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $40.00

Overpriced, mice infested and ant infestation as well. There were mice everywhere, ants, the water pressure wasn't great, the Wi-Fi wasn't great. In fact that's an apt description - not great. Most of the staff was very friendly and they were great with the kids. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $42.00

The staff went above and beyond, also the teens working there. They play with the children, not only at scheduled times, but anytime a child came into the Club House. Most activities where more for the younger kids (under 10-12) and acted out with love and care. The park itself, needed lots more to be worth $42 a night. The WiFi was questionable most of the times. Ants and mice where everywhere and could have been gotten under control. Staff was 10 stars. Price was 2 stars. Campground itself was 5 stars. Just for a Jellystone Park, you expect more We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon

Are you affiliated with Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park of the Black Canyon ?