5.7 Average

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

35567 Big Oaks Ln
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Big Oaks Family Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $99.00

We stayed for 5 nights in a cabin. The A/C unit so noisy it actually vibrated the walls. There are 4 twin bunk-beds in separate room with door. If you close the door the A/C doesn't reach into main room. There is 1 double size "built into the wall" bed in the main room.The mattresses were a joke! About 1" thick & vinyl-very sweaty. The Dark curtains were great. The bathroom/showers were several cabins away. Bathrooms were clean (for a campground) but the showers always had sand, hair, bugs in them. There were 2 shower units(separate from toilets) the shower curtains had black mold on them (I mentioned this to the office on 2nd day) They still had not been changed/cleaned 5 days later! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO FOR ACTIVITIES FOR TEENAGERS/ADULTS. The small pool was the temperature of bath water by 2pm-it was not refreshing from the hot humid days. There were 2 sun umbrellas-so good luck finding some shade. The 2 tables with Umbrellas have legs that are RUSTY & broken with sharp edges. The bathrooms by the pool were so disgusting we walked out. Smelled like urine in 2 of them. There is a shuffleboard area by the pool - but it was so full of tree debris that you couldn't use it. How hard is it to sweep that area daily. FREE WIFI-yes it is free, but good luck staying connected! There was a WiFi router right beside our cabin-but you could not stay connected more than 5 minutes before it cuts out! I was Not streaming-I was doing computer work with a software program. I was told there is an "Adult Lounge" with good WiFi signal & A/C in the office building. Yes I did have a good constant WiFi signal, Yes the A/C was helpful. But describing this area as "Adult Lounge" is a joke. Dim little lamp, boxes piled everywhere, I had to move boxes & furniture to plug in my laptop, old wooden chair that was much too low for the glass kitchen table & it is beside the Game Room. Kids playing noisy arcade games! $500=crappy mattress, mold shower curtain, No Services! No Activities! CASH ONLY! $99 per night for cabin with Old Noisy A/C unit. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Cabin.

CABIN 6
Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt, Grass
Other
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Close to beach, outlets, restaurants, walmart.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $95.00

We stayed one week in the newly renovated mobile home. It had all ammenities with indoor plumbing, washer dryer, kitchen. Very lovely porch and fire pit area. Pool was clean. Campground is very mature and wooded. Staff and campers are very friendly. Can't wait to go back! We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Cabin.

B21
Gravel, Sand, Grass
Other
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Rehoboth beach, ocean city, plenty of putt-putt courses close to Ocean City, lots of restaurants. Crooked Hammock was one of our favorites.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $55.00

All of the seasonal sites are wonderfull under a canopy of mature Oaks. The transient sites were an after thought along the access road in full sunlight. Parking was an issue all week: most sites had multiple vehicles. The single shower house was a fair walk into the nice part of the park. 2 feet between neighbor's awning and our slide. Under our awning was the 15+ electric meters on a shaky pole, along with a 4 foot by 2 foot electricity box. 30 feet directly across from our site was the camp garbage cans, along with the smell and flies. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Sand
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $79.00

Definitely a sellers market. Tough price to pay to be this close to the beach.too crowded, spaces too small. Very noisy. Cash only in the office, no checks or credit cards.

There is a state park near Bethany that is much nicer, but has no shade and is too hot in the summer. This place is strictly a last resort type of place. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Sand

Featured Campgrounds Near Big Oaks Family Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $59.00

Nice park with decent sized sites. As mentioned in other reviews, this is a cash only park which would have been nice to know before we got there. There is a no-fee ATM at the convenience store right down the street. The location was super convenient to several beaches, shopping, and restaurants. My only complaint is that the cable did not work unless we fed the cord from the box in through a window, which meant leaving the window open and it did rain while we were gone so we had a mess to clean up, but no water damage. The Wi-Fi never worked and they tried to tell me that it was my phone and Kindle that were the problem. I was able to get a connection on both when I left the campground and went to a public Wi-Fi spot. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $50.00

We stayed here as it is the closest campground to Rehoboth Beach. We weren't looking for a traditional camping experience, instead we camped as an alternative to a hotel. We were there to go to the beach. That being said we had a good stay. Since it was after Labor Day, the pool was closed. We kind of expected that but our kids could have enjoyed it. Our site was wooded and we asked for that. Many of the transient sites are out in the open though. Most of the sites are seasonal/permanent. The road through the campground is tight - I felt lucky to leave without hitting a tree and my TT is only 21'. Our site was sandy and not entirely level. A staff member helped me back in - no pull-throughs here. I used leveling blocks but they actually sunk into the sand. The sewer hookup was far to the rear of the site, and there wasn't enough of a drop so I needed to 'help' the black water make its way to the outlet. As I was preparing to leave I couldn't remove my sewer adapter from their connection. I ran to the office to ask for a strap wrench, and within a few minutes an employee showed up with a wrench. Staff was friendly and the campground is family-owned. We would stay there again. Only real negative was the cable TV - they recently re-wired everything and you can get a cable box for a deposit. The service would sometimes stop and an error message would appear. Don't know if this is something Big Oaks can control. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $62.00

Mostly seasonal, small, oldish campground. Must pay cash & you never get an email or letter that they received your "check" for deposit. They never send or give you a campground map. Sites are very close. Difficult to get our 39ft RV in the site, even in the so called "big" sites. Has the basic amenities on a small scale. Staff is friendly. Store is full of confederate stuff, did not bother us. Bathrooms old, but clean. Parking is horrible in Rehoboth beach. Chose this campground so we could "ride our bikes to the beach." This ride is longer than they tell you. The bike trail is lovely, but once you hit the town, very difficult to ride to the beach. Wouldn't do it with small kids. We did it only once, then had to drive. Would check out other campgrounds in the area if we were to come to Rehoboth again, since the ride to the beach did not work. Just OK. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $53.00

Not a bad place if you don't mind being packed in tight. We didn't mind since we didn't spend much time at the site. I thought it was expensive considering it was off season. Since we don't camp during July or August because of the crowds, I can't tell you how this place is peak season. I would imagine it isn't too pretty. Owners are nice and helpful. We've been camping here on and off for the past 20 years. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $55.00

We stayed one night. This is a small campground with tight maneuvering. Would not recommend for Big Rig's. Pool was clean, with a lifeguard on duty. Restrooms were clean and tidy. Campstore was small and did not have much to offer. Staff was pleasant. I would not stay here again due to the park's size and cost. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $60.00

I gave this campground a bit higher review then what it really deserves. The sites are really close and the hookups are in the front of the sites. So bring plenty of sewer hose. The people at the park are very helpful and extremely nice. The pool is small. My familly and I came here knowing that most of our time was going to be spent at the beach. The shower/bathrooms were clean but the lights in the shower were not working. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $58.00

Positives: convenient location to outlet shopping, shady sites, nice pool. Negatives: confederate flags everywhere, the sites turn into sandy mud pits when it rains and quite a few other campers seemed to have permanent, decrepit trailers. The flags were such a turn off, we probably won't camp here again. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $70.00

Campground served its purpose in that it was close to the beach and had shuttle service to the beach every half hour. Site was very tight and very unlevel for our big rig, even though we were in the largest full hookup sites right across from the pool. I would not call it a big rig park. Tires on passenger side were lifted off the ground by levelers, bring and use plenty of wood blocks to help level. Most sites are super unlevel, main reason for 5 rating. Our site was on sandy grassy spot, no pad. Managers were fair, fully stocked store with grocery items. Observation: store carried many Confederate flag items, quotes, rugs, plates, etc. Even the garbage truck displayed a confederate flag as well as a neighboring campsite. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $50.00

We were a little wary of staying at this campground due to some of the reviews posted. I'm so glad that we decided to stay. We had a great site close to the bathrooms, pool, playground and office. The bathrooms were very clean in the morning but showed some wear and tear by the evening. Staff were there 1-2 times a day cleaning the bathrooms. There is a bus that will take you to the boardwalk and beach which is nice because parking there can be difficult. They offered some activities but we didn't know what they were because they didn't give you a list at check-in. But who needs those when you have so much to do in the area. The pool area was nice and they had a great playground with a huge pirate ship to play on. Be aware, though, that they only accept cash at check-in. There were some downsides to this campground. There are some sites that are not very nice and we would have been unhappy had we been assigned to them. Also, some of the seasonal campers look pretty bad and are in need of repair and a good cleaning. However, we would stay here again. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $54.00

The only good part of this campground is location. If you like dirt roads,small sites and rude owners then you may like this campground. Don't expect much put a parking spot for the beach. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $54.00

We just returned from 5 days at Big Oaks and I have to say that this has to be the poorest run campground I have ever been to and I have been to many.The only good thing that I have to say is that it is close to the beach.The campground is run by 3 people and believe me that is all that you see; it seems that they are there to take your money and that is it. When you go in the office they are sitting in easy chairs and they do not get up to talk to you. They stay right in their chairs. Upon arrival I was given a paper with my site # with a piece of scotch tape for my rearview mirror. We were never given a map of the park, no activity list, and never a welcome. If you have kids and they like to swim then you might be OK since there are no other activities except 1 on Saturday (ours was a father's day craft) which older children are not going to participate in. There is a snack bar open on Saturday and Sunday (breakfast only) It's as if these people don't want to hire help,but they do not want to work either. Why couldn't one work the snack bar, one plan activities, and one work the front desk? For the price of $ 54/night I expected a lot more. We were put in a spot where permanents had just pulled out, and we were under water for most of this trip (I know they cannot plan the weather, but they could control the condition of their sites with gravel and grading).We talked to many unhappy permanents and seasonals that stay just because of location. I could go on and on, but let me just finish with the staff is very unfriendly; the place is a muddy mess and if you want a campground with lots of fun, this is not it. We camped at Big Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Big Oaks Family Campground

Are you affiliated with Big Oaks Family Campground ?