Outback Springs RV Resort

Bonifay, Florida

90 Son in Law Rd
Bonifay, Florida 32425

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Outback Springs RV Resort " and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $37.00

It's people who make or break any campground visit and these authentic Australian owners are amazing. Over Labor Day weekend, owners offered coffee and cookies each morning in the charming office. Guests could enjoy "Crocodile Dundee" in the afternoon and free Aussie sausages/snacks were an enjoyable cookout bonus as we sat meeting other friendly campers. Yes, it's under renovation but one can easily catch their vision. Give them time! The duck pond and landscaping is lovely and peaceful. They even have a free dog wash area! Since we evacuated during Hurricane Dorian, we forgot our pup's dog treats, so the owner generously gave us some. Can't wait to return to see them - arrived as guests - left as friends! We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Outback Springs Rv Resort90, owner at Outback Springs RV Resort responded to this review

G'day Travelingal
Thank you so much for your exceptional review and rating.
One of the joys of owning an RV park is the great people that we meet, and we much enjoyed your company over the long weekend. When we have completed the current works we plan to have many get togethers for our guests to enjoy. Tell your canine family member, C.J., that we have heaps of treats waiting for his return and we have started preliminary work on our leash-free dog run.
We look forward to seeing y'all soon.
Pete and Miss Julie.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $35.00

This campground is a work in progress. The new owners are renovating clubhouse, office and adding a swimming pool. When upgrades are complete this will be a nice place to stop for a night or spend a few days. The new restrooms and showers are very nice. Biggest showers I have seen in a campground with rain shower heads. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $33.00

We understand these are new owners and need time to make improvements. We had a reservation but our assigned site was already occupied. With approval of the office, we parked in the only other unoccupied site that was long enough. Park roads are very rutted and narrow. Mostly long term residences and lots of construction vehicles on the property.
No grass or cable here. Also no picnic table or fire ring but then again no space to put them in.
This is an overnight and we’ll make due. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $39.00

Easy in and out. Staff was very friendly. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Hi Agincajun47
Thank you for taking the time to review our park. We appreciate you staying with us.

Featured Campgrounds Near Outback Springs RV Resort

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $35.00

This is the worst park I have ever stayed in. Sites are not level. I understand about the recent storm but the management lets heavy equipment (track hoes, large bucket trucks) in the park. They start loading and unloading at 5 am. You won't get any sleep. Talked with the staff and they don't care. One morning they were trying to load a track hoe less than a foot from my pickup. Called owner and they still didn't care. Normal day for contractors is starting around 4am. Trucks being idle for an hour that early in the morning. The park does not enforce the quiet time hours. Do not recommend this park to anyone. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns

Sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us after Hurricane Michael. As you are aware, our park can accommodate both relief workers and recreational guests with our pond and open area between them.
When the effects of the storm began to impact us, we asked all our existing guests if they wished to move to the quieter area. Some of our guests (including yourselves) declined the offer.
Not sure what else we could have done to improve your camping experience for your 3 month stay after Michael!
Thank you for staying with us and we enjoyed your company!
Regards

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $35.00

Not really sure how to rate this park due to weather related conditions, rained for my 3 day stay, 90% filled with FEMA equipment as Panama City just a few miles south. New owners are very friendly and helpful, park is easy to find easy on/off the I-10, there is still a lot of destruction in the area from the hurricane. Lots of construction for Office, pool and hot tub but no where near completion. FHU's were good the wi-fi was strong when it worked, sites are gravel but not very flat, park has lots of trees and due to time of stay trees were bare so satellite worked fine but I would be doubtful in the summer. Due to rain and construction roads were muddy and very tight for my 32' A, lots of things to do here pond with ducks and koi, putting green, children play area, pet friendly, pool (soon) hot tub (soon). All in all this will be a great park but owners need some time to finish projects and FEMA needs to get out of the owners way. Will return in a few years. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Covered Forested
Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Walking distance to fast foods, 5 mile to Piggly Wiggly. 33 miles south to Panama City beaches.

Hi Tahoetom
Thanks for staying with us and reviewing our park.
It is a shame that you had the 3 days of rain for your stay but we have had an amazing amount since the hurricane. This has slowed our construction schedule but we are moving forward.
We look forward to your return.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $33.00

Easy access from I-10 yet quiet and quaint. Easy check in. Very friendly owners. They are doing a lot of work to the park adding amenities and improvements. It will be awesome! The park is clean and will organized. Excellent new hook ups. Great park. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Thanks Bonniem10
We appreciate you staying with us and reviewing our park. We hope you will return to see the completed project!
Regards

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $33.00

I read the reviews and thought this was a good park. Ummm, maybe it's because I am 40' towing, maybe because there are dozens of construction workers on site. I'm assuming for hurricane repair and the construction at the campground. This place is tight! Tight. We had to unhook and back out because the roads are narrow and vehicle are everywhere. Roads? Maybe. There is some gravel to indicate roads. As others have said the campsites are under mature trees and are mostly level. They are just long enough for us to pull them and have the toad off the road. We just can't get out. WiFi was adequate for reading email. We also got several OTA television stations. They also did not have our reservation. This was only one night. Sorry, we will not be returning. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Hi 12858
Thank you for your review.
We have a number of pull-through sites that can accommodate rig and tow in excess of 65'. Sixteen of these pull directly out on to a public road.
It was unfortunate that one of these was not available for your stay.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $35.00

My family and I have traveled all over and have stayed at many great parks. Outback Springs RV Resort in Bonifay Florida is by far the best one we have stayed at yet. One of the main reasons we decided to stay here was the number of great reviews this park has received. The staff were super friendly, very helpful, and very efficient. There are sewer receptacles at each site as well as fresh water hookups at each site. It was conveniently located just off I-10 but was surprisingly quiet. We opted for one of the camps easy come easy go sites where we didn't even have to unhitch for our visit. It is worth noting that, even though it is really close to the devastation left behind by hurricane Michael, the owners did not increase their prices like so many of the other parks had done in the area. We had stayed here previously and the rates, discounts, and specials remained the same. I genuinely feel that this will be a great destination park once all of the renovations and additions are completed. The owner has crews working on a new swimming pool, hot tub, brand new bath houses, a leash-less dog park and many other amenities that will just add to the appeal that is Outback Springs. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

There are many great places local to eat. Pho Noodle, a Vietnamese restaurant with excellent service, and Cancun's Mexican Restaurant were fantastic!! There are a few gas stations close by and plenty of fast food options just as you come off the interstate.

Wow!! Thanks for your great review.
The improvements are progressing but the recent rain is impacting us here.
Still, we hope to be finished by late Spring so please come back and take a look.
Thanks again, Mrssmiley

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $33.00

Had a reservation but they gave it to someone else. Took our money and we spent a half hour there while they looked for a spot. They had two new sites, but didn't have any gravel down. Finally got our money back and headed down the road to a Walmart. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Sorry about the confusion regarding your booking.
Hopefully we will be able to introduce our new booking system that will minimize these issues.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $33.00

Made reservation two weeks before arrival. Big rig towing. Arrived around 2:30 to check in. Lots of work going on to clean up and add swimming pool, rec room, etc. Check in was horrible, manager was on the phone and radio back and forth. Person checking me in struggled with form, but could see I was on reservation calendar. Couple of young kids sitting at the counter watching movie on cell phone. They were guests at the park, but not the managers or desk persons children. The phone was so loud I had to keep asking the check in person to repeat herself. After I paid, they asked me to wait 15 minutes so they could find a way to move a travel trailer off the site to put me on. I stood around and talked to the owner (one of the partners). Finally they started to move the trailer when the manager asked who put the 5th wheel in the space I was supposed to go. Then the manager told me there was a miscommunication but she would make an exception for me and let me exit the park, return and come in over the grass and park in the spot just vacated by the trailer. Unfortunately, there has been so much rain the grass was like a sponge and the apron was mud and had a big rut from the pick up that moved the trailer. I declined and asked for my money back. The manager had left and the owner went to the bank, so a couple of guys pooled their money and returned my $33.00. Unless they make some major changes, I can't see how this park is going to be worth returning to. They caused me to drive another two hours with my wife calling parks on a Friday night looking for a vacancy. I would not recommend staying here. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Hi Tomandgloria
Thank you for reviewing our park. As you point out we have had some reservation issues since the hurricane, and rest assured, our management is working to fix them.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $41.00

The new owners are going all out to make this one of the best in Florida. It has the feeling of an old Florida Campground, with a touch of Austrailia. They are making improvements every day. They have fixed the roads, re-graveled the sites, added sites, rebuilt the laundry room and more. They are adding landscape to make it pretty. Easy in and out sites for those traveling through. Long sites, good WiFi, cable. Friendly folks who love what they are doing. Right off of I 10 but no highway noise. we will definitely go back! We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Castaway restaurant is right across the road and very good if you love fish.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $38.00

The Outback Springs RV Resort is a work in progress. An Australian couple has bought an old RV park and they are actively improving it, with new landscaping, new water/power/cable/sewers, and other amenities. The park is close to I-10, just far enough away that the traffic noise is muted. It is walking distance to several fast food joints, a seafood restaurant, a Mexican restaurant and a Vietnamese restaurant. A People's South Bank and gas stations are also nearby on Rt. 79, along with a liquor store. The nearest grocery is 5 miles away. The park is shaded by mature trees that slope down to a koi pond; fish food is available at the office. Verizon is 3 bars; the park's WiFi works well. The cable TV brings in over 80 channels. The RV sites are not level, but none are severely sloped. They are gravel sites, many the them close together. There is a large open grassy area with playground equipment, an artificial putting green, a horseshoe pitch and a 3-seat swing. We enjoyed watching pairs of Red-headed Woodpeckers (like Woody) popping in and out of nest cavities in the park's trees. The new laundry room currently has 2 washers and 2 dryers, each equipped to take credit cards, so you can avoid searching for a roll of quarters. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $39.00

Resort? Last resort maybe. Good part....far enough off I-10 to avoid noise. Bad part....No breaker for 50 amp hook-up. Pull-through too short for toad. Dirt/gravel pad (and everywhere else). Nothing to call a resort. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

We loved this little park. It's not a new, fancy, all concrete resort but it is beautiful old world Florida. We camped here in a 43 foot coach pulling a full size pickup. We had made reservations in advance and we had no problem fitting into our pull thru site. There are trees but we had no issues maneuvering our rig. The grounds are beautiful and meticulously maintained. The owner was super helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. All the workers were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is right off of I-10 with very easy access to the park and lack of road noise. If you have a big rig there are about 3 spots that will easily work for you but make reservations and you should love this quaint park. Anything 40ft and below, come and enjoy there are lots of spots. It's a beautiful place. We camped at Outback Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass
Fire Ring

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Featured Campgrounds Near Outback Springs RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Outback Springs RV Resort ?