8.8 Excellent

• Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $25.00

Really enjoyed our stay at the park. The campground owner was wonderful and very conscientious about making sure you are taken care of. My only complaint was the noise from I-10. The park is close to the interstate and the noise from the interstate is always present. The campground is clean, has one-way to get in and one-way to get out. At the campground is an assortment of yard activities. They also have two horses that are always happy to come to the fence to be petted. The owner leaves treats out for you to give the horses. We bought apples and carrots to feed them treats daily. Also around her residence is a family of white rabbits. I really enjoyed my stay there but the traffic noise was bothersome at times. A lot of the surrounding towns has been hit hard by Hurricane Michael and has not fully recovered. About an hour away is Panama City Beach and they have fully recovered. Right at the turn-off to the campground are two truck stops. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and enjoyed the owner's hospitality. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Grass

A lot of the local towns are recovering from Hurricane Michael. Wal-Mart is about 11 miles from the campground. Only restaurants nearby are McDonalds and Subway. Panama City Beach is about and hour away.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $25.00

Back again, even more awesome. The owner was in the bucket of the tractor diligently cutting limbs and hanging flags, she is always working. We were there a week this time and she never slowed down, repairing fence in the dog park to digging post holes to put in the new wood fence down the entrance. She does this all by herself and always has a smile when she stops everything to personally greet and check in her guests. Thanks again for another wonderful stay at your beautiful park. God Bless you my friend. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Gravel

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Florida waters, wolf preserve caverns

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $40.00

This CG was hit hard by Hurricane Michael in Oct 2018 and they are rebuilding so no cable or baths. Strong OTA TV. The owner is a special lady who loves this place and her visitors. She has her dog and bunnies and chickens roam and she has a beautiful horse to pet and feed. Very convenient to I-10. A unique and special relaxed CG! A must return. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $40.00

Personable owner greets you upon arrival along with her bunnies and chickens. Cute. Small CG with many trees that were lost from Hurricane Michael in October 2018. Cleanup was underway. Easy access from I-10 and Hwy. 231. A nice quiet place to stop for awhile. We stayed one night. Our site #8 was a good end site with only a neighbor on one side. Good OTA TV. Lighted at night. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $28.00

Vonda, the owner, is awesome, and very welcoming. The campground is very clean, and utilities are great. The location is very convenient--not far off I10. The only issue is with road noise from I10. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $40.00

This park was hit hard by the hurricane last August but has been cleaned up and the owner is doing all she can to get it back to normal. Very convenient to I-10 good power and water. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $28.00

We stayed for 3 nights to visit parts of Alabama. Despite considerable damage remaining, the owner was working hard to get things cleaned up. We were in a pull through site that was long and relatively level. Although we could see the traffic on the highway the noise wasn't excessive. Some sites were wider than others. For example, the front yard of the people on our sewer side was closer than I would prefer but our front yard was a night width. This campground was a perfect staging place for what we needed. It was an easy on/off I-10. If passing through, I would not hesitate to stay again. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $25.00

Vonda is what you want from a park owner. We were unable to complete our stay at the Hitchin Post, and she was very gracious in cancelling our reservation, with no question and no cancellation fee. When we are passing through Cottondale again, we will surely give Vonda a call and stay at the Hitchin Post. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $27.00

Stayed at this park shortly after Hurricane Michael hit the Panama City area and used it as my base to work in the local area. The park is designed around just an overnight stay and does not have any resort like attributes like a pool, clubhouse, laundry or bathhouse. You must be self contained to use the park, but it does appear that tents are present on the property (just no bathrooms in the park). Vonda, the manager/owner of the park is fantastic, accommodating and throws out the welcome mat for your stay (literally, its green and at your door). All park managers should have the positive attitude this woman has in spades. You won't find a nicer person to greet you when you arrive anywhere else. The park backs up to I-10 and is the overnighters/drive through parking area. Full hook up can be found in all parking spaces and power/water was great during our visit. Wifi is also available, but was broken due to the storm event and was being fixed at that time. Cell service is great (cell tower is next door) and there is Loves Truck stop at the same exit off I-10. Vonda will respond if you leave a message or text to the park if she doesn't answer. Great person. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dothan, Alabama is 35 minutes north for any/all shopping, restaurants you could need. Marianna is 8 miles east of the exit to this park and has shopping/walmart/fuel. The hurricane damaged much of the immediate area and south to Panama City (which was severely damaged) and very little was available southward on 231 from I-10.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $25.00

Found this campground on our way home after being on the road for 4 months. We stayed for the night but we wish we could have stayed longer!! Beautiful clean campground long sites, both back in and pull through! Minutes to I-10, yet very quiet. Vonda, the owner, lives right there. Unfortunately we weren't able to to fully experience her Southern hospitality, but got a hint of how wonderful it would be to spend time there! (Honestly, where else have you been given a welcome mat to place below your steps). Site was asphalt and level. Full hook up and 50amp. There are lawn games, 2 dog parks, fishing, tons of bunnies (FYI bunnies like saltines). Great TV over antenna and free WiFi!! Perfect place to stay a night or a week! Vonda doesn't allow full timers so you won't see any rundown trailers! We will be back when we head to Louisiana in a couple months, but this time we will stay a bit and enjoy Vonda's hospitality! FYI you must be self contained. There are no bathrooms or showers. Thank you again Vonda and best of luck! We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $25.00

Friendly and helpful owner. Located near Love's truck stop. Shaded back in sites very quiet and private. Could easily stay a few days. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $25.00

Great place to stop. Could not be more accommodating. Will make it a must stop whenever we are in the area. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $28.00

Right off I-10 but didn't notice the road noise too much. With AC running it could not be heard. Nice Pull-through sites good for Big Rigs towing. My particular site was packed gravel and level. Lots of grass for dogs and a place to walk them. There is also a doggie park on the grounds. Great place for a stop over. Had no problems getting a satellite signal (DISH). At the time I was there their camp wifi was down. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

slj

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $20.00

Very nice owner. No amenities. Convenient to I-10 but then lots of noise from there. No shade on our spot so very hot. Not much to do in area. Would be ok for overnight. Good hookups. Full. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $28.00

The pull thru sites are right along I-10. If your air con is running, you probably won't hear the road noise, otherwise, you definitely will. This section of I-10 is not super busy, but the road noise is still loud. Back in sites are a bit further from the highway and may be quieter. Pull thrus are close together and wide open. Back ins are well treed and have more space in between. You can get sat signal from the open pull thrus but no way you'll get it in the back ins. There is one pull thru site in the same area as the back ins. It appears to be well shaded. Utilities worked fine. There was no one parked next to us so we had room, but like I said, pull thrus are close. The owner is a very nice lady. Railroad crossing at Dilmore St is a bit rough and Dilmore is a bumpy road, so take it easy. No way I'd pay full price to stay here. Even with the PA rate, there is nothing special about this place. Fine for an overnight, but I don't think I'd stay here for any longer than that. We camped at Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Grass

Los Amigos Mexican restaurant in Cottondale has excellent food and is about 5 minutes from the park. The Fajitas Mexicanos had a ridiculously large amount of meat (steak, pork, chicken and shrimp) compared to any other Mexican restaurant I've had fajitas at. I ended up bringing almost half the meat home. The salsa had a little zip, but was not overly spicy, just the way I like it.

Featured Campgrounds Near Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park

Are you affiliated with Hitchin Post Corral and Campground RV Park ?