Goethe Trailhead Ranch

Dunnellon, Florida 34431

Latitude: 29.19803

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station no
  • Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Playground Playground no
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Biking Biking yes

Ask fellow campers about "Goethe Trailhead Ranch" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

This is a camp for a man and his horse and its perfect for them. WiFi was not good. Very spacious and quite park. Walking trail we tried in the nearby state park have all been chopped up by horses and are very differcult to walk on. Didnt want to try another. The local town Dunnellon at swampys was lovely for lunch. Looks like a ride on the river would have been nice if we got there earlier. Nobody is around in the office so you have to ring. W. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Motorhome.

Anyone you want
Grass

Go to the garden at Cedar Lakes Wood and Garden.

Goethe Trailhead Ranch, owner at Goethe Trailhead Ranch responded to this review

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review. I am glad you were happy with your site. The trails across the street are marked for either horses or hikers with certain shared areas. We can only offer the WiFi that is currently available to us at this time.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $45.00

I have a 45 ft motor home and alway worry about space when parking. The lots were extremely spacious and fairly level for grass sites, I travel with leveling blocks so it wasn't an issue. Everything was kept very clean. The lady who works there is very nice and stops by to talk from time to time. Very laid back place, was told I could pick my spot upon arrival which I liked. I would definitely like to return for a longer period of time. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Motorhome.

Grass

Loved Don Pepes for great Mexican cuisine. Gotta float down the Rainbow River.

Thank you so much for taking time to give us a review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and plan to come again.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $50.00

Overall a good campground, but the price is too high for what they offer. It was $45, plus an extra $5 per person over 2 people, so it was $50 + tax and cash only for us. Plus: wide open and very easy to maneuver. I asked for a pull-thru, but none were open, but it was very easy to back my 35' 5th wheel (and could have pulled through 2 back to back back-ins if I had wanted). Bathroom very clean & well stock, though they were chilly one cool evening. Grass sites are not all level, some have lots of large ant mounds, no fire rings, no picnic tables. No one was at the campground, office was closed the 2 days I was there. I was asked to leave cash in the box by the office. I had misunderstood when I made the reservation - I thought it was $50 for both nights, but it was per night. It just does not have enough amenities to charge that much (and most of the other RV parks around do not appear to be this much). BUT, this place is a horse ranch - so a lot of people had their horses and trailers. Maybe the cost includes having your horse there or something. I would not come back here. Oh, and it had for sale signs in front of it (Jan 2018). We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Grass

We stayed here so we could visit Rainbow Springs to swim in the crystal clear water and to see the Manatees at Three Sisters Springs. Both great places.

I am sorry you were not completely happy with your stay. We do have one large community fire ring under the oaks, if people prefer one on their lot they bring their own. Also, we do have picnic tables available upon request. Good news about the dirt piles, they are NOT ant hills but are mole holes which are very prevalent in the area. I'm sorry I was not there to greet you, I am the only one here and I had a immobilizing migraine that weekend and couldn't leave my house. Our prices and amenities are clearly posted on our website so people know what is offered at time of reservation.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $45.00

This was my first time staying here. Recommend by a friend, she didn't lead me astray. Everything is what you see online (how rare). Sites are huge! And I mean huge! Restrooms are super clean all the time. The lady is so nice and tries her best to answer any questions. I love that they have a dog run for my pup! Full hook ups so you don't have to worry about dumping. The location is off the beaten path but not to far from Dunnellon. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan to be back again. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Grass
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Definitely check out the manatee tours in Crystal river and have lunch at Oysters.

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again.

Featured Campgrounds Near Goethe Trailhead Ranch

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $65.00

Second year here. Owners were less friendly than last year, wi/fi is worse than last year. Definitely not as many horses here. Friends were told they were full yet there were still at least 5 sites open. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Other

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $35.00

It's 15 miles from Dunnellon on very narrow county roads. On arrival was told they don't accept Passport America at all, even though there in the new book and listed on line. That was a shocker. The roads are paved and sites grass. A few horses there, but facilities for a lot in season. Everything first class. No cable or Wi-Fi signal. Clear view for satellite. Pool sparkling, but umbrella was needed with no shade available. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $27.00

Nice horse-oriented campground across the road from Goethe State Forest. Very quiet location. Even though there was a horse training event over the weekend while we were there it wasn't crowded or noisy. Sites are very large but all grass. Roads are concrete and roomy enough for the largest rigs. Utilities worked well. Wi-Fi is weak unless you're near the main building and a bit slow at times. OTA TV reception was excellent. No shade but trees have been planted. Good shopping in nearby Dunnellon. We stayed a week to just relax and bicycle the state forest. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $30.00

Found this location by searching the web for locations near Rainbow River, Florida to camp and boy it was a find. We intended to stay at another campground but didn't book in time. We showed up late Friday evening and the owners were more than helpful: made us feel right at home. There was nothing but beautiful country to look at as far as the eyes can see. Your surrounded by sky and forest. At night the stars shine so bright that you could stay up all night glazing at them. It's peaceful, quiet and clean. My family rented two RV campsites, we enjoyed the trails, newly built pool, bike riding, hiking and spotless and clean bath houses. We went Saturday to go tubing down Rainbow River. It's approximately 20 miles out, but the drive was delightful. Beautiful country to view and NO traffic. We decided to check out that other campground. I would have been so dissatisfied if I had booked at that location. (We are all more than disappointed in our State campgrounds.) I am so glad we are last minute planners. We did however enjoy the river and will experience it again. It was great fun watching my family make it down the four hour trip in the cold springs on a tub. We were blessed with more than we could have asked for in a campsite. I look forward to more family time and future visits here. Thank you to the owners for such a pleasant experience. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2009 - $40.00

We absolutely loved this place! While there is not a lot of the "extra" kid type things to do, there is a playground and the kids loved checking out everyone's horses. If you're looking for a place to get out to the middle of nowhere, look at the stars, enjoy the country, and not worry about city life, this is your place. Goethe State Forest is across the street and we enjoyed walking the trails. The onsite store was a big plus and we enjoyed every one of the staff members. The only drawback was the ticks we brought back from the walk in the forest and then followed us home. Just be careful and you get rid of them quick. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $40.00

This is, by far, the best campground that I have stayed in. The sites are huge, with a wonderful concrete drive leading to each site. Its way out in the country, across from the Goethe State Park. They have wonderful facilities for horses, so you can vacation with your horse, and have 120 miles of trails right across the road. The stars are bright at night, as there are no city lights nearby. The place is great for bicycling, hiking, trail riding, horse events, and just for quiet getaways. The folks here treat you like family. The campground is pristine. Its beautifully maintained and clean. The campground is new, and is just gorgeous. The horse stalls and facilities are wonderful. You can take care of your horse yourself, or for a fee, they will take care of it for you. If you don't ride, but would like to, there is a trail ride group up the road. There are beaches not too far away, as well as quaint small towns. There are rivers and lakes with boat rentals. A major city is within 85 miles for serious shopping, theme parks and other city stuff. This place has it all! Call them for more info, or go to their website. You'll be glad you did. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2008 - $35.00

This is a new RV park that specializes in Horse events and trail riding. Check out their website for more details. Pros: The sites are huge. The driveways are concrete with grassy sites. The park is located in the country and is very peaceful. There is a well stocked convenience store on site. The folks running the place are very friendly. Cons: Some of the sites are fairly unlevel, although I had no problems with my 38' coach. Not much going on around the property when I was there. May be a little boring for kids. I enjoy peace and quiet and being able to view wide open skies at night. This is the place for doing just that! Major shopping is within 15 miles of the campground. We camped at Goethe Trailhead Ranch in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Goethe Trailhead Ranch

Are you affiliated with Goethe Trailhead Ranch ?