4.5 Poor

• Pet Area Pet Area no
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Playground Playground no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

There is a nice swimming pool. The park is very old, ancient. The manager complains RVs are too large these days. Over fifty percent of the sites are occupied by long timers. Next to me was a retired postal worker who has been there over thirty years. The neighborhood is very bad. I was warned by no less than six longtime residents. Bicycles left outside are gone in the morning. My neighbors 'unit' has been broken into eighteen times. The space between RVs is measured in inches. My 'front yard' was occupied by an electrical transformer and assorted electrical equipment (see pictures). We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Best to stay away

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $25.00

It took some time to get into the resort because the gates were locked. Followed instructions for the intercom to get the office to open the gate and got an inaudible response. A maintenance guy eventually let us in. He was very helpful. There were two people ahead of us in the office and it took a while to register them. However, the office staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. We were given a pull through site with no neighbors on either side, so we had lots of room. Had there been neighbors, it would have been tight. Everything is heavily secured because the resort is not in the best neighborhood. Went for a bike ride outside of the resort and found local residents to be quite rude. Other than that, everything was OK. It was a very quiet camp and the pool was nice. This resort is a good staging area for day trips near Fort Lauderdale. There is not much to do inside the resort other than swim in the pool or watch TV. Note that the over the air TV reception is quite good. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $19.00

This is an older Encore/Thousand Trails RV Park with a number of Park Models and full time RVers. The $19 rate is based on our RPI Membership. It is OK for a short stay to take in the sites of Ft Lauderdale and the Beaches. The sites have blacktop driveways and a concrete patio, but no picnic table. Full hookups with cable TV. Didn't hook up to the cable as we were able to get good over the air TV reception. Wi-fi is available for an additional cost, however I was able to use my mobile hotspot to access the internet. One of the pools was not open, but again as an older park it didn't look that appealing. The other pool was open and looked better. They had restrooms at the pools but no showers, other than an outside shower. There was a single shower at the laundry room that looked good. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt
Patio

Take in the Beaches of Ft Lauderdale.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $22.00

I was there during the "off season" plenty of empty spaces. Office lady was very nice and efficient. She told me I could pull thru instead of back up, because of some many empty spaces. Swimming pool was clean. Bathrooms clean, the Men's bathroom had a hole in the exterior wall, hole did not go through to the outside. Over the air TV was good. I paid for internet service the signal was very strong, five bars out of five bars...but the internet speed was very very very slow, terribly slow. I had my external laptop amplified antennae that received the signal very well, but the internet was the slowest I have experienced, so far. Laundry facilities were very clean. I would use this place again, but not purchase the internet wifi service...it is a waste of money. My 30 amp power pedestal connection did not function. So I used the adjacent power pedestal, there was no one using that space. I would use the park during the off season because of the passport discount...but would not purchase the internet wifi service. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel

do not purchase the internet option...it is extremely slow to almost non existent.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $42.00

This campground is ok to stay at if you're purpose of staying in the area is to visit the surrounding areas. Ft. Lauderdale beaches are about a 10 minute drive and Miami is about a 30 minute drive. Basically the ground is a place to store your unit and lay your head at night. There's no real "camping spirit" here. Most of the units during our stay were permanent and we barely saw any neighbors. There are no fire rings provided and the grass could use some manicuring.

However, the ground is quiet, gated and very fairly priced. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Dirt

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $35.00

We came here to visit a relative in the hospital. Only campground with a vacancy.

The sites barely allow for the extension of slideouts. Little if any green space. Gated access due to neighborhood concerns.

We had to walk our dogs outside the park because seasonal campers were less than receptive. Difficult to communicate with others unless you speak French.

So little space that we were guided into our site head on and had to run our utilities under our RV. Fortunately we had an extra hose extension for the sewer. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $17.00

We stayed in the summer and the park was pretty empty with the exception of three RV, all other were permanent residents. We stayed for seven days. We were told to take two of the side by side pull through sites which gave us plenty of room. When the park is full in the winter these sites are on top of each other. The park is pretty run down and little maintenance was preformed during our stay. There is no nightly security and the only emergency number is to an onsite maintenance person. A very noisy party at the pool ran until 2:00 am in the morning one night. Lots of bugs and rodents were seen around the park. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2008 - $30.00

I camped in the winter when southern parks are full. They assigned two rigs per pad. Each faced the opposite way and you have to run your hook-ups under the rig. Being sandwiched in like that I had to have a person on each corner to help me get in and out of a pull through! When our slides were open you could not walk squarely in between the two. I had to do major tree trimming. The limbs that rested on top of my trailer (literally) were infested with ants that moved right on into my home. No one at the park assisted me in any way, other than to run my credit card. I'll have to say that the campers were beyond friendly and helpful though! As a last resort I'd stay here only in the summer if I got my own pad. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2008 - $42.00

Very cramped sites and access roads. Hook ups on wrong side of sites, sewer electric and water had to be stretched under rig, roads cramped leaving park was a problem with 35' MH, will pass by in future. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2008 - $18.00

We stayed as Coast to Coast-Good Neighbor. It is in a big city environment, not easy to find since half of sign is not lit and not a big sign. It is the worst site layout I have ever seen with sites so close that slides almost touch and utilities on the wrong side. All paved and level. Basically an RV warehouse. The laundry fine. It is worth staying at as only a place to sleep while seeing the attractions in the area though. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Travel Trailer.

ida

Date of Stay: January, 2008 - $40.00

Pool heater only turned on occasionally after they received many complaints. Laundry facility dirty and many washer/dryers out of order. Activities rare and usually done by French Canadians who did not speak English. Activity center must be rented. Only access to the lake was through high grass and brush. Would not recommend this place unless you needed a one night stop over. No public showers. We camped at Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale

Are you affiliated with Sunshine Holiday Fort Lauderdale ?