5.8 Average

• Playground Playground no
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Shady Acres RV & Camping Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $45.00

Enjoyed our stay. Nice pools and hot tub area. Daily activities for the residents. Residents were very friendly. Most folks there were long term. Quiet park, but close to other amenities. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $50.00

I am one that gives reviews continually, both for praise and negativity. Shady Acres is just that...shady! The best thing about this park is the pool area. The spaces are jammed together. And so your parking is premium, they allowed someone to park in our space the entire time we were there; I asked two separate employees to ask it to be moved, nothing was done (I was told their guy was a "pain in the butt to deal with") so they did nothing. I called regarding this several times, asked for a one night refund to offset the issue, but I was lied to many times, calls were never returned, etc. Also keep in mind that if you don't get there by 5pm (which we were never told) that you will have to camp in their parking lot overnight, even if you have already paid for said night! While we were onsite, there was a lot of talk of the new owners that "inherited" the property. No one seems to care about what is going on there. No one of authority is onsite. Also, be advised they do not have an AED on the property. Keep in mind many retired folks are there for the winter, but they have no medical devices that could save a life. I was told that was because they don't want to be liable. Due to the lack of staff, rules that apparently don't apply to everyone and the lack of responsibility to there campers, whether refunds or safety, I would camp on the street first! We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Grass

Diner 41 is terrific, just down the road. Walmart close by.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $43.00

When we arrived we were give a goody bag and an escort to our site. We couldn't fit our 41 ft 5th wheel and 22 ft truck in the site, so after about 30 minutes of trying we were upgraded to a premium site. We were only there for 3 days, but I wanted to move In permanently. As soon as we got parked a neighbor came over and offered us drinks. We found all of the residents and the staff to be extremely friendly. The swimming pool area is amazing. There are 2 heated pools, a hot tub that's actually hot, a bar and a bandstand for special events. The day we arrived we were invited to the Bingo game that occurs in the clubhouse twice a week. The following day there was a pool party with live music and $1 beer from noon until 4 pm. There were so many planned events, and everyone was so friendly, I seriously did not want to leave.the park is beautiful and so close to shopping and restaurants, but completely silent at night. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $33.00

Last year there. Manager is the rudest person I have ever dealt with. Raising rates, charging for pets per day. Electric is not good, water on and off. Great location close to everything. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shady Acres RV & Camping Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

The day before we arrived we called them. We were told the site we had would not be able to accommodate our fifth wheel toy hauler with the deck extended. We were told they could only accommodate a 45 foot rig. With our deck extended, we totaled 50 feet. When we made our reservation, we were assured they could accommodate this size. When we questioned them about this , their response was we fired that person. They did end up giving us a spot that allowed us to extend the deck. We were lucky that our "back yard" was a construction site and therefore did not have a trailer on it-which in turn gave us the extra footage we needed to extend the deck. The second issue I had with this campground is terrible customer service. We were told when we booked this place that a beautiful new pool was going in and would be open December 1st. When we arrived, we were told the pool was not open yet, but would be in a few days. We were told this every week during our stay. The pool never opened and they were never up front about it. They offered us a 75% refund if we wanted to leave. Really? It's spring break, we're new to the area and quite frankly we were overwhelmed from traveling. They knew this and counted on us choosing to stay. In hindsight I will choose to leave if I'm ever put in that position again. No compensation for this important amenity was offered. The owner acts like she is doing you the favor by allowing you to stay there. She kicks people out if they disagree with anything she does. I don't understand how these rv park owners get away with this blatant deception. I'm guessing it's some kind of innkeeper rights. I think this park needs to be a full time place only. The full timers are very nice and I'm guessing they are getting some kind of kick back from the owner or they're terrified of her. I will say the location was nice. Tucked back in a wooded area and off the main drag with nice shade. I did like the location of this park. I did not use any facilities there, however I was advised by others (living in the park), not to do laundry there. So,we didn't.

A lot of spaces were under construction due to the hurricane, so I don't want to criticize about the condition of some of the sites.

In conclusion, my main problem was the pool. I have recently looked at the Shady Acres website and found they took the pool off their list of amenities. It's a start I guess. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Covered Forested

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

The guests who come there are a really great fun bunch. The manager/owner of this park is the pits. She is nasty. She treats people like they are beneath her station in life. Don't question anything the woman says or she will go off like a rocket. Don't question anything she does in this park; she will throw you out. There were 6 campers evicted during our stay because they pissed off the owner. She makes it quite plain it is her way or the highway and don't question anything she says or does. They advertise a pool and cafe and neither is open and hasn't been open all season. Very poorly maintained grounds. High weeds. Hadn't been mowed or trimmed in some time. Stay away from this park. Very very bad. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $35.00

We booked this park 8 months in advance for a 3 month stay, starting in Dec. We were very specific on the site location that we wanted. No trees and in the Seven Acres area. In October, we called to let them know we would have to shorten our stay to 30 days due to unexpected work issues. Was assured that wouldn't be a problem, and although we couldn't request a specific site, we would still be in the Seven Acres Area with no trees. Upon arrival, we were given a site that was not in Seven Acres, but a site that had a tree that was obstructing our satellite signal, the sites were so close we had our neighbors sewer hose on our site right next to the small picnic table. We went back to office to request a site without trees and preferably in the Seven Acres Area that we were told we'd have. We were then told, they could not move us, that the computer assigns sites and there's no way to change it. Asked to speak to the manager. She was called and put on speaker phone. She was NOT helpful at all. Wouldn't listen to what we were trying to tell her, she talked over us and told us there wasn't any trees on that site, she wouldn't listen and told us to call satellite company, that there was nothing they could do as they were 100% full. She said we could leave if we weren't happy, but none of our $1000 rent would be refunded. The park was only 50-60% full at this time. Even after being there for 30 days, there were still 15 spots empty in the Seven Acres section. Pool was far from being finished, (which we were told in October it'd be done by Dec 1st). Laundry room was dirty with very old machines. We went 30 days without satellite, had to look at neighbors sewer hose, and they DO NOT care to accommodate and work with customers. Very disappointed with our site, the office staff and manager, they are rude and don't know how to listen to customers. Do not recommend and we will NEVER stay here again. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $25.00

When I booked, I was very specific about trees - my husband hates parking under any. The office assured me that even though the name "shady acres" speaks for itself they had a wide open area for those of us that hate trees. I also asked about hurricane damage, pool etc. She stated that the pool was being rebuilt and would be completed by Dec. 1st, should be inspected and operational by the 4 or 5th. I booked, paid for first week; arrived 1pm, office closed with no return time posted and no envelope left for us with site info; it is 85F! While waiting, we noted that the pool is FAR from being done. 35 min later she appeared & did apologize. We were hot, unhappy with no pool and the waiting, I asked to stay the one week only which we'd already paid for. Nope - I have your credit card on file and whether you stay or not, we will charge you for 2nd week, I thought that was a bit harsh but conceded, we were then escorted to then left at site. Right UNDER not 1, but 5 trees. Spent the next 2+ hot hours, trying to park so we could get our satellite (its on the roof). We finally gave up as satellite just coming in and out. It is now after 5 pm and office is closed. Early next morning up to office to request they move us to a site without the trees as we were promised at time of booking. NOPE, once we assign a site we will NOT change it. I asked to speak to the manager or owner, she called her up and sure enough, answer was the same. They never provided us with what was promised and still REFUSED to relocate us even though there numerous empty sites on the same road with NO trees. Again asked to be refunded the 2nd week - NOPE, it's unfortunate you don't like your site, you are free to leave with no refund. We have been RVing for 8 years and have never dealt with a park as uncompromising as they were, particularly when we were up front about our requests and assured they would accommodate us. We would never stay here again; its not even worth the P/A rate. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $25.00

The staff at Shady Acres are as nice and accommodating as you could ask, and even gave us a welcome gift! Fortunately, this time of year there was plenty of space...otherwise the spots can be quite close to each other. Staff guided us personally into our back-in spot which was very comforting in a large motorhome. Park is close to everything you could need or want to do. (Pool is currently closed and under construction, which makes the lake a bit muddy and not so appealing, but that's only temporary. The many renovations are going to make this park shine even brighter.) Would stay here anytime in town for the value, location, and top-notch customer service. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Lakeside

Nearby, Very Close

Within 5 minutes is a Publix, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Subway, a diner and many other smaller restaurants. Within 15 minutes is a large outdoor mall (Gulf Coast Town Center), a large multi-cinema plex, and Ft. Myers Beach. Also plenty of churches for those of us who don't want to miss that while on the road on Sunday mornings.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $25.00

Pretty nice place. We stayed here for 11 days in the off season. Very friendly staff, very accommodating. This park packs them in pretty tight in the winter but when we were here we had lots of room. Small but nice pool. Restrooms were cleaned often. They accept Passport America for 21 days in the summer. I would stay here again. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Picnic Table, Patio

Close to lots of stores and restaurants. Almost anything you want within a short drive.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $25.00

This is a nice park at a reasonable price. This is our third time staying and we like it here. We will be back again. Nice, relaxing, and quiet. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $35.00

The sites are tight as described by other reviews but with guidance from park was able to enter and exit just fine with a 28ft class C. No cable television but plenty of local stations from antenna. WiFi was fine, a little slow at times. Many snow birds packing to leave as we stayed near the end of March. Very friendly folks with a lot of activities scheduled during the winter months. Pool was a little cloudy the last day, unsure why that happened but the park is schedule to replace the pool beginning in April with a greatly enlarged area - 2 pools, hot tub, etc. Have to watch for the campground sign on US41; park is behind a boat storage and repair shop off US 41. Quiet area, no noise. Would stay here again. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

Shopping, etc. up and down US41. Campground access is better heading south on US41 toward the RV park. If traveling north you will have to make a U turn; one is there. Not good for long rig.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $50.00

Second stay here during season. Come here to meet friends in area. Last year site was very tight and in a section too close to dump and trash. Decided to try once more and we had a better site in a different section. Sites still tight and was told that previously site had been under 6 inches of water. Fortunately no rain this time. This CG almost all returning seasonals. So all know each other and can be quite clannish. Very dog friendly, with lots of dog bag stations. Hookups very convenient, no trouble leveling. Except for shopping and eating out, not so much in area to do. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Visit Koreshan Historic site, very interesting. Dog friendly, although no dogs in buildings.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $26.00

The management and staff have really outdone themselves. The overall appearance of the park is clean, tidy and well organized. Management and staff are friendly and helpful. The events are well planned and very reasonably priced. The food and entertainment has been outstanding. Kudos to Shady Acres RV Park. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Lots of things to do nearby; large shopping mall is convenient, new WalMart, Publix and pharmacies close. Very convenient.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $10.00

I like the park. There are things to do, they have an activity calendar which is awesome & it's cheap. I love the cafe, however the restrooms are usually dirty & the showers don't have hot water; it's either lukewarm or cold, especially if there are two people using the same shower. We camped at Shady Acres RV & Camping Park in a Cabin.

Other
Picnic Table, Patio

Across the street there is a save a lot, Walgreen's, gas station. Basically everything, Walmart is down the street.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shady Acres RV & Camping Park

Are you affiliated with Shady Acres RV & Camping Park ?