5300 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, Florida 34746

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Sherwood Forest RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $40.00

Our 'premium' site had no concrete pad and no picnic table! Just grass and sand, and a bush. The gate staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The office was set apart from the park and the person was unfriendly and not welcoming. There is a poorly stocked store and he offered no suggestions about getting things we needed and another guest gave us the info. No area restaurant info or other help was offered. The restrooms were a long walk or had to get in the car and drive there. In general the clubhouse vibe is closed in and people in there were unfriendly. The best thing about the park is a nice pool and a fun putt putt course which would have been much nicer had it been regularly swept of leaves and sticks. We were not aware or invited to any gatherings while there. Overall, except for great weather, a day at Epcot, and a visit from our grandchildren, this wasn't a great experience and we would only come back if guaranteed an actual premium spot with concrete and picnic table. Grills would be a nice addition, snack bar, and planned activities but this is not that kind of place unfortunately. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $10.00

No cement pads. The sites were so deeply rutted I fell and broke my ankle. I tried to fill with propane and was told I had to park at the tank and walk about 1/4 mile to the office to leave My ID, even though I was alone and on crutches. 1/2 of my larynx is paralyzed so my voice is soft. When I leaned in so the people in the office could hear me, I was told to step back and then they could not hear me. The young ladies there need more training on dealing with handicapped people. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sand

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $80.00

Overall the park is very nice. We had no issues with the hookups or the facilities. The only two issues we encountered were small problems. The first issue was the sites are close/tight, but there is still room to open your awning. The other issue is our premium site (which was grass and sand mix) had ruts from previous rains. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $1.00

First of all, this not a bad place, just a bit noisy and crowded. We are full time RVers and Elite members of Thousand Trails Trails Collection. My wife actually likes it here because of it's proximity to the shopping. However, I do not like helicopters roaring over head all hours of the day and even the middle of the night. Emergency service sirens, roaring car engines on Route 192 (Irlo Bronson Highway) Nah, I like to relax and I will drive the 20 minutes or so to go shopping. The interior roads are in good condition. The pool area is also in great shape. I never went to the gym or clubhouse so I have no opinion on those. Resident annual renters are the usual arrogant "could care less" about us nomadic travelers attitudes is becoming an expected norm. My next door neighbor in a dilapidated trailer/bungalow #253 let her semi wild cats run wild, sleeping on our chairs and picnic table and pooing all around our RV at night and it stunk to high heavens during the hot days. Our Site was #254 so avoid it if possible.The showers were, very small. I am a large guy but far from the largest. I had difficulty changing in this tiny shower stall area. The bathrooms appear to be cleaned on a normal basis. The laundry uses tokens and have machines to dispense them. The washers were in good shape as well as the dryers. This place is not the top of my priorities for visiting again however, if it is the only place available, I do not find it that horrible that I would not return again. The staff here was wonderful and friendly. I would have easily given this an 8 if the bathrooms were more accommodating. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Disney World and every type of shopping is within minutes.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $88.00

The best thing about this park is proximity to Disney and other entertainment venues. We paid for what is called an "elite" site and assume that is what we were assigned. The site was too short for our 40' motorhome and towed vehicle, no picnic table (there were large groups perhaps table moved), neighbors too close and overflow parking on already too narrow streets. WiFi was free in poolhouse other there was a fee through Spectrum. This place would qualify as a mediocre rv park but not a resort. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $80.00

We were told the only way to guarantee to get a pull thu was to reserve an Elite space, which we did A couple months ahead of our arrival. It was a very tight space making it tough to pull through I had to back up several times to get my RV straight. Let alone the concrete was very unlevel. They had done some construction on both sides of our concrete slab leaving the dirt un-raked and very uneven. In fact my wife and I both twisted our ankles a couple of times walking on it to get to our truck. Our site also had a 4 foot dead tree trunk on it no picnic table and no even area to put our steps down. I went to the office to complain about our location and was just told that they were sorry and they would let the management know. I was offered no discount from the Elite price we paid $345 for four nights. This is an Encore property and they should do better than that. We could’ve stated many RV parks in this was by far the worst property for the money we paid. Maybe because they sent me an email a week ago wanting me to pay in full for a week ahead of time is why they gave me this lousy site. Fortunately we spent many hours at the Disney parks so we didn’t have to sit here and look at this dump. Will never stay here again. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $70.00

Very tight for our 45' coach. Had to back out of our pull through due to narrow site and roads. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $62.00

We camped in Kissimmee to be near the repair shop. The camp ground is huge made up of seasonal guests in camping units and small cottages. Lots of activities are planned for the residents. The pool is okay. Our site had FHU's with just 20 and 30 amp service. The main breaker for the us and the adjacent sites repeatedly tripped. After a call to the office for the first trip, we then reset the breaker ourselves. The sites were open to full sun, ours was grass covered. The cost was rather expensive, I guess because of the proximity to Disney. We stayed for four days. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Grass

Anything you needed was all near by.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $60.00

This is a large RV park with rigs packed together. Lots of snow birds use this as well as a number of people who have lived here for years. Management has allowed the live-in's to greatly expand beyond their sites. We were next to one of these. Not only were we looking at an absolute trash dump but we had only about 1/2 of an already small site. We asked to be moved but, although there were a number of sites open, "no spots available" was the response. We asked to have the site cleaned up as there were cigarette butts, dog & cat poop, and other trash. Noting was done. Later we asked for a partial refund as we did not have a full site and were next to a dump. Suddenly they asked if we wanted to move, but by that time we couldn't due to commitments.

Sites are grass or sand (ours was sand), FHU, sort of level but very small. Internal roads are narrow and due to the small sites vehicles extend into the roads. Scary. No wifi. This could be a good park if management would be management. We won't stay here again. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull-thru
Sand
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Near Disney parks.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $1.00

This one had bathhouses that needed to be cleaned. Laundry is reasonable.The boys LOVED the playground here and had so much fun with the mini golf. There were tons of squirrels and lizards. The pool was nice and they have a hot tub. They also have a tiki bar for adults to order drinks. There is a clubhouse has free WiFi. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

It's close to shopping and fairly close to the beach.

LMF

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $45.00

We had an excellent experience. The employees were friendly and always helpful. The grounds were well maintained. The location is about 4 miles from WDW. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. Activities include Clubhouse, swimming pool, hot tub, shuffleboard, miniature golf, and more available. We felt that is reasonably priced. We love WDW, but Fort Wilderness is not worth the extra cost. We plan to return. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Grass
Picnic Table, Patio

The GPS takes you to the corner of 5300 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy with Scott and Polynesian Isle Blvd, but TURN onto SCOTT (by CVS). Continue on Scott, the office is on the right, just past the security checkpoint.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

In route from Orlando to Tampa when my husband got very sick so we had to stop, where we had visited in the past. The RV Resort manager checked us in in about five minutes. With my receipt he attached directions to the closest hospital, directions on what to do in an emergency AND supplied me with his business card with his personal cell number written on the back. This park is awesome and the manager went over and beyond the call of duty. Thank You. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $45.00

Nice place close to Disney. Not a fancy place, few concrete sites,mostly grass sites. Nice pool and clubhouse !! Plenty space to ride bike or walk . We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Grass

Close to Disney and all activities on hwy 192.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $74.00

We stayed on an "elite" site which seemed to earn its status by virtue of having a concrete pad. Very sandy off the concrete...you will track sand into your rv. Park roads excellent. Sites pretty large. Excellent cable TV. Convenient driving distance to Disney and other Orlando attractions. Wide variety of restaurants nearby. Directions on web site lacking and poor signage on W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US 192). You MUST turn south off Irlo Bronson Hwy onto Scott Boulevard and travel .2 miles to reach the actual entrance to Sherwood Forest RV resort. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Sand, Grass
Picnic Table, Patio

Walt Disney and other kid-friendly attractions nearby. Will cost $20/$30 per day to park at Disney. Very nice outlet malls nearby (5 miles). Everything, everywhere is crowded and traffic is messy. Would stay there again in similar circumstances. However, would spend the extra bucks to stay at a Disney campground if Disney was the sole or primary destination because of the convenience of transportation to the Disney attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $45.00

As others have commented, the sites are a bit close together. However, the park is clean and well mintained. There are a few, but only a few, junky full time residents. Most of the full time residents take pride in their piece of the property. The big advantage is that it is close to Disney and to the fun of Old Town Kissimmee. Wifi is available for free for Brighthouse customers; there is a charge for others. Or use your Verizon data card. There is good cellular service. The laundry is nice and there are plenty of recreation activities here on the grounds. We will be back the next time we are in this area. We camped at Sherwood Forest RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Grass

Wal-Mart is 1.5 miles away. Magic Kingdom parking is 15 minutes and Animal Kingdom is 25 minutes. Lots of restaurants and shopping in Old Town within 2 miles.

Are you affiliated with Sherwood Forest RV Resort ?