Casey Jones RV Park

185 SW Arrowhead Ter
Lake City, Florida 32024

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area no
  • Playground Playground no
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Casey Jones RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Asked by Janet H | January 31, 2019

1 of 1 found this quesiton helpful. Undo

Answer: Never has a problem with noise here

Pat and Jerry | January 31, 2019

1 of 1 found this answer helpful. Undo

Show all 6 Answers | Answer Question

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $29.00

We stayed here one night because we had a service appointment at a freightliner dealer next door. While the price for an overnight PT is good if all your utilities work. When I took the cap off the sewer the sewer line was filled with water so I could not dump my tanks. I contacted the fellow who took me to the site and he never offered to move me. As others have said there is NO circuit breaker on the 50amp outlet so you have to plug in live - BE VERY CAUTIOUS as this is dangerous for you and your coach. To protect the coach it shut off my coach's 50 amp circuit breaker, went out plugged in and then went back in the coach and turned my 50 amp breaker on. I doubt I'd return to Casey Jones in the future because of the poor condition of the utilities, and dangerous 50 amp setup and the poor customer service even though they are very convenient to the freightliner service dealer next door. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $29.00

Sites for over night stays are long and level. Plenty of room for the largest motorhomes and 5th wheels. As others have said, no circuit breaker in site box but that's not a problem. Owner/host very accommodating and pleasant. Easy access from I-75. Bee sure to call ahead as they seem to fill up just before dark. They do have some late check in sites too. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $28.00

This park is located behind a truck stop in an industrial area. Some highway noise but not too bad. About 90% of the sites are permanent residents and some have been here a long time and look it. Campers are shoehorned in. Roads are paved. Permanent sites are gravel. Overnight sites are open, wide enough, and long; tandem sites with you pulled up to the end of the first one in the double length slot. Those sites are grass and could be an issue if it rains. Some areas to walk dogs across the street. Dumpsters overflowing. Did not hook up to water. The electric hook ups have no breakers - you just plug in which is dangerous. This is good for an overnight stay because there are limited decent places to stay in Lake City. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $29.00

We stayed in Casey Jones for one night passing through. We were in a very long grassy pull through. Even though not paved or rocked it was very level. There were no breakers on the electrical hookups just plugs for 50 and 30 amps. Worked fine; it just seems to skip an important safety feature. We would stay here again if in the Lake City, FL area again. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Casey Jones RV Park

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $29.00

Perfect easy on/easy off the highway for an overnight stop. Staff was OK but didn't go out of their way to be friendly. Too bad, its really a pretty decent park. Exit through the back is much easier than leaving the same road by the office. Getting from the office to the site not a problem if you go slowly. Grass pads (which I prefer if it is not raining) were level, and we had open access for our DirecTV. We camped in a motorhome and would do so again. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $29.00

Manager was very nice, quick check in and we were taken to our site. After settling in, we found we were out of propane. It’s 8pm now, office is closed, but I called the mgr who told me to bring the tank and she would fill it. Grateful for her kindness, tired and exhausted, now we could cook dinner. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $29.00

Nice park. Right off I-75. We were heading for the Gulf coast of Mississippi and stayed here overnight. Pull thru large sites. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $27.00

Used for an overnight stay. Sandy/ grass sites that are fairly level, but rather narrow. 30/50 amp, water, sewer, WiFi and cable. There is an exercise room, but you need a code to enter and that wasn't offered to us. There was NO information given except an escort to the assigned site which was a pull thru near the road. The back in sites near us were all permanent residents. The WiFi was fairly strong for a campground, and there were quite a few cable stations, but with no guide it was difficult to figure out stations. The bath was clean, but hot with no ventilation. It's bad to sit on the toilet and sweat! A/C in Florida restrooms should be mandatory. It was fine for an overnight, but we didn't feel welcomed without getting info that is usually provided. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sand, Grass

There is a Wendys and Little Caesars and a liquor store within walking distance as well as a gas station with a sandwich shop.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $36.00

We have stayed at this RV Park before. While there appears to be a large number of "permanent" residents, those sites all seemed clean and neat. For overnight travelers, such as us, there is a large grassy area with full-service sites. We did loose our power sometime overnight after a torrential thunderstorm. Staff great! Great signage and convenient just off I-75. More than suitable for an overnight stay. We'd stay here again. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $27.00

Our site was very sandy. We asked to move to a more grassy site but were told we couldn't even though the overnight area was almost completely empty. Since we had hard rain both nights, the coach ended up dirty. The interior roads were mostly easy to navigate and the campground is easy to find. We stayed here to get annual Freightliner service instead of going to Gaffney. The service center is just around the corner from the campground so it made service easy. We might stay here again if we need to get service here again. It really isn't a bad campground. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $29.00

Loved this park. Easy access in & out. Very clean rest rooms. Our grassed site was level. Long enough for our 28' 5th wheel & truck with plenty to spare. Escorted to the site. Friendly staff. We'll definitely come back to this very well run park. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $29.00

This park is very convenient to I-75. We spent 1 night here while traveling down 75. Our site was more then long enough for our 45' motorhome and Tahoe without disconnecting. We only used electricity and no water or sewer. The electric seemed a little weak. I wonder what would have happened if the park was full? I would also guess this would not be a good overnighter if it were raining. Our spot was grass and if it had rained I think we would have sunk in. In summary, great price. Great place for the night if dry. If raining I'm not sure. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $26.00

Site 3. Good entry road. Go to light to turn off SR47 at Shell station. Very sandy site, and then It rained and was a mess. Electric was a problem. We had 50 amp, but the circuit broke 3 times, twice was running just one AC. We've never had a problem before. So I don't think we were causing it. Since it happened at night I think they reduce something. Therefore, we won't be back, even for one night as my honey refuses to get up again in the middle of the night to throw their breaker. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

3 up front
Sand

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $45.00

This campground seems to be mostly full-time campers. The office person shows you to your sight which seems to be on a large grass field with other campers all parked side by side and end to end. Nothing special about the place, but a satisfactory place to stay overnight. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $29.00

Great for overnight stay. Easy access from I-75. Staff is friendly. Easy to navigate a big rig in the park. The roads are asphalt and the sites are grass. We had a pull through site that was long enough to keep our toad connected. Our site was level. The utilities are well placed and worked well. The WiFi worked well. There are many channels on the cable, but many don't come in well. Casey Jones is a bargain for $29 a night. I would stay again. We camped at Casey Jones RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Casey Jones RV Park

Are you affiliated with Casey Jones RV Park ?