Jolly Roger RV Resort

• Playground Playground no
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Jolly Roger RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $45.00

We rented a space near the sea wall, and that was an excellent place to be. We met some really great people who were very helpful since I was a new RV owner. We were close enough to jump into the water, walk to the pavilion, sit on the chairs by the dock and watch the sunset from the picnic table at our site. It was a bit of a walk to the pool and the temp was in the 90's. It was a little rude that the guy in the office drove by me in his golf cart after sending me back to the RV to get a paper. He could have given me a ride back to the office! Anyway, this is a great park, and we had a great time. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sea wall
Asphalt

Nearby, Very Close

Loved this place. If you come here, get a spot by the Seawall. It's worth it!

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $43.00

Friendly staff that go over and beyond to assure you have a pleasant stay. A true gem in Marathon, Florida. I give this place a 10+ across the board. You will not be disappointed. Great fishing in the gulf or Atlantic side. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Sand, Grass
Picnic Table, Patio

Lots of great restaurants, marinas and grocery stores within minutes from RV Park.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $95.00

Stayed at Jolly Roger with our FMCA chapter rally. Expensive but you're in the Key's during "the season". Solid utilities, clean restrooms and pool, good wi-fi and a staff that couldn't be nicer while caring for our group. If that's not enough, just go for the sunsets from the new tiki hut. The campground has recovered nicely from the hurricane a couple of years ago with a new seawall and grounds improvements. Our harbor H2 spot was a pull in offering a beautiful view of Florida Bay thru the windshield. Close to Marathon and all the sights and restaurants it offers. Jolly Roger continues to be a enjoyable campground or our group would not return year after year. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Motorhome.

H2
Sand
Other

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $105.00

We enjoyed this park very much. Very clean, great site and friendly people. The new tiki hut looks great and really gets some use most folks gather around there to watch the sunset. I saw people complaining about the lizards but only saw one the entire time I was there. The bark park was great as it really helped allow our puppy to get out all that puppy energy. My only real complaint was come sunset time people would walk through the harbor sites and then stand on your site or right in front of you to watch the sunset. I paid extra to be up there and get that view and to have people really in a disrespectful way just act like your site is there was a pain. I wish they policed this a little better, they have a nice tiki hut, and a little peninsula and the docks all with great sunset views and yet people are walking through others site. Not a problem with the campground really but I wanted to mention. It's also a little far from Key West which is about an hour and 20 minute drive or so. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Motorhome.

H4
Concrete, Grass
Other
Picnic Table, Patio

We enjoyed eating at LoriLee (the key lime coolata is amazing!!) and Sunset Grille. SS Wreck had good food but restaurant seemed a little dirty/run down. You can bring your dog to the dolphin research center and we did and that was cool.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jolly Roger RV Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $72.00

We stayed 5 nights from April 5-9, 2019. The Park is located about half way between Key Largo and Key West. About 1/2 mile south was the Dolphin Research Center which was great. About 9 miles south was the Turtle Hospital. Another great place to visit! Also a number of great restaurants including the "Island Fish". The park itself was very nice. They have a "Tiki" island that lets you view fabulous sunsets from. A nice Pavilion and a swimming area in the Gulf. Since It was only 60 miles from Key West we drove there and took the "Old Town Trolley Tour". Key West is fantastic. It was like being in the Bahamas. We would definitely stay there again. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $65.00

The campground is easy to access for our 41 foot Monaco class a, towing a Jeep. We were in the second row from the gulf and had a full hookup. The view and sunset are amazing. Neighbors were also very friendly. I would definitely go back there. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $86.00

We live in North Texas and spend the month of March at the Jolly Roger. The park is attractive and very well-maintained. The scenery is gorgeous sitting as it does on the Gulf of Mexico's prettiest water. Lots of wildlife to enjoy including occasional visits from manatees. Management and staff are very professional and pleasant to deal with. The Jolly Roger has the best sunset views in the keys and we have witnessed numerous green flashes while staying there. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $112.00

Park is in the Keys so very expensive for what it is. Sites are grass or dirt. We were unable to level our RV on the site assigned to us. Moved to another site which was better but still not able to completely level. It's on the water with a sea wall and boat ramp. Nice common area but small for the number of sites there. It is the most we have ever paid for a site and not what I would expect for that price. The sites could use updating. Our vehicle barely fit on our site and sites are so close together we could hear conversations from those around us. It was peak season and I booked it late so didn't have many options. There is nothing to walk to, must drive to do anything. Lots to do in the Keys and Marathon is centrally located to go to either Key Largo or Key West. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Patio

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $97.00

Although our site was just a grassy area without a concrete pad, that fact was far overshadowed by the proximity (90 second walk) to the bay. The large communal tiki hut on the bay was nice. Reserve early to get sites right on the bay. Not cheap, but all lodging and campsites in the Keys are pricey in the winter. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Grass

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $100.00

Clean restrooms. Pool is well maintained. All the personnel were friendly and very helpful. While we were there, the pavilion was made into a large Tiki Hut. It looks fantastic! We will stay there again. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Motorhome.

across from pool
Grass

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $115.00

Great location & all staff very friendly. Great dog run, boat docks, boat ramp & swim area. Clean laundry room & beautiful pool. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $67.00

An aging park over run with iguanas, children and dogs. Having said that the staff do an incredible job maintaining everything, and keeping the common areas ( water front, pool, restrooms etc) spic and span. Narrow asphalt roads and gravel sites next to the sea wall with the other sites sand and weeds. Some sites are bigger than others but most are extremely narrow and small. Do not think I would return as the trailer trash look of the park promoted by most residents is a bit much. An average site would contain, an rv, 2 or 3 vehicles, a trailer with a boat or personal water craft, a couple of kayaks and paddle boards, a scooter or motorcycle, a few fold up tables ( in addition to the provided picnic table), a full size BBQ and perhaps a smoker, enough lawn chairs to host large gatherings till after midnight, a plug in bar fridge and maybe a freezer, 2 or 3 ice chests, 3 24 paks of bottled water and the same in soda and beer. There would be towels and drying garments all over the awnings and on the clothesline between the rv and a vehicle. Being from out of state, the running of the sewer hose into the park sewer was unusual to me. Where I come from the health dept. mandates a air tight connection with a screwed coupling or a rubber donut. Guess the park sewer open to the atmosphere is a Florida thing? On the site next to us an older couple had a 5er with 2 sewer outlets...one connected as described, one not. When they left they opened the not connected one and gushed sewage onto the site. It looked like grey but is was fowl smelling. A few park staff rolled by on golf carts but did not stop. OK I guess. By the time they left about a third of their site was under about an inch of sewage. The good thing is with a sandy site it was dry in about 15 minutes. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sand

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Marathon is agreat place to visit the keys.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $48.00

I booked this park because of previous reviews and Passport America rate. The utilities are good however they are all the way to the rear of the site. Be sure to have plenty of sewer hose; I used 30 feet. The interior site roads are paved but are barely wide enough for your rig which gives very little room for backing. The back in interior sites are very tight to get in if you have a larger rig. Be very careful when backing I had to jack knife my fifth wheel and luckily I kept getting out and checking clearances or I would have hit a large tree limb. They have nice pull thru sites but you will definitely pay a premium rate for them. The laundromat was clean with half of the washers out of order, $4.00 to wash. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $73.00

The staff was so friendly. We had a problem with our cable and they immediately came out and fixed it. The staff is so nice, so friendly, so accommodating and wanted to make sure everything was fine. We camped with another couple who also had their travel trailer. I was thoroughly pleased, site was clean, everything was fabulous. This is my second trip there and clearly plan on going again. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $64.00

We had a large space that backed out over the Gulf. As such we watched the sunrise while having breakfast, if we got up that early. The campground was clean, people were very helpful, and the location, being mid-way down the Keys was convenient. We will go there again if we revisit the keys. We don't remember the cost. We camped at Jolly Roger RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jolly Roger RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Jolly Roger RV Resort ?