6 Average

4335 Windsor Spring Rd
Augusta, Georgia 30815

• Dump Station Dump Station no
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes

Ask fellow campers about "Diamond Lakes Regional Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2019 - $25.00

The campground is part of a large county park with many ball fields, tennis courts, library and fishing lakes. You pick your site when you register online. The front loop is more open, the back loop sites are tree lined and well spaced easy back in. The larger back loop has parking and trail to tent camping sites. Most of the RV hookups have been corrected to the proper side. The bathhouse has four separate rooms available, clean and water hot. During my eight day stay I did not see any questionable activity. The county park is so large, there is many better locations not under the watchful eye of campers for such things. We felt very safe. Sites backing up to lake are excellent, mobile satellite worked and 20 over air stations. We camped at Diamond Lakes Regional Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt

Caught fish from the back of our site. Joe's bait shop 15 minutes away.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $30.00

We stayed there 2 separate nights on Oct 3 and Oct 6 at site 17. We did not dump any tanks on our first stay but on the 2nd stay we attempted to empty our gray water first but the drain was plugged with what appeared to be sticks, pine needles, etc because the lid had prob been left off for quite some time. The park does not appear to be staffed and their is no check-in process. When we arrived there some locals just backed into our spot just hanging out doing who knows what. We couldn't tell that there is any gate to be locked at night and as stated no check-in gate with information, etc. We saw people driving through the campground and walking through at random that were definitely not camping there. We left first thing in the AM and didn't have time to call but it was no big deal to us since we weren't real full. Upon arriving at our next destination we called Reserve America about the problem but they said to call the park directly. We did call the park directly and informed the lady that answered about the problem. Immediately gave me a condescending attitude telling me I had it in the wrong drain...that there was a blue and a green and I had it in the "overflow" drain..LOL New one to us full-timers. The sewer drain had a concrete donut around it which is very common right by the pedestal and water. It was apparent someone had dumped there before and prob overflowed because of the dried up toilet paper debris. She just wanted to argue with me and still was giving me attitude and was adamant I had it in the wrong drain. She informed me "she should know" since she lived there and drove a black BMW. We walked the small campground many times with our dogs those 2 days and what appeared to be a host site and a side by side there but no vehicle or no sign indicating a host. At that point, I was upset and decided to ask for a partial refund since we did pay $30 for full hook up an. We camped at Diamond Lakes Regional Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $30.00

Very much like the review before this one. This could be a very nice campground. All the sites are asphalt, but only a handful are close to level. I had a power issue on my site and was able to find the maintenance guys, 1 leader and 2 prison inmates, They fixed my power issue and told me when they built the place the contractor put all the hookups on the wrong side of the sites, They did add 50 amp to the proper side and sewer but not the water. There is absolutely no enforcement of anything here. People have sites booked and they don't show up for them, some people are in sites that are available on line. Its really too bad, its has huge potential. The sites along the lake are the nicest and most level. Sites 2 thru 9 are so off level I don't think a motor home could use them. Most picnic tables have been stolen. I would not book a site here on line without first seeing them or you could really get burned. We camped at Diamond Lakes Regional Park in a Motorhome.

19 16
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $30.00

This could be a great park - a nice lake-side setting, large spacious sites with full hookup, 30/50 amp and much space between sites (there are two loops and a total of 26 sites). We wanted to like it more but were somewhat troubled by the total disregard for non campground guests to ignore the posted sign near the camp entrance "Registered Guests Only" - very frequent cruising through, sometimes quite fast, by non-quests in cars or on motor bikes and some appeared to meet up with others for dubious reasons. Worse, when we tried to use the bathroom in the morning, it was occupied and remained occupied for many hours by someone parked outside the bath facility - the person had perhaps spent the night in the bath. When we emptied black water, the sewer was backed up and overflowed, as it did on a neighbor's site beside us. A free roaming pit bull at night was another concern. Not once did we see police or a park authority patrol the campground, and this clearly is needed to make guests feel safe. It's great that the city provides such a facility at a fair price, but much improvement is needed in maintaining the sewers and monitoring those entering the campground. We camped at Diamond Lakes Regional Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Lidl is a great stop for groceries.

Featured Campgrounds Near Diamond Lakes Regional Park

Are you affiliated with Diamond Lakes Regional Park ?