8.6 Excellent

• Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Blythe Island Regional Park Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $40.00

Be prepared to be greeted by friendly wild rabbits when you check-in. Elmer Fudd would enjoy this place. You get a lot for the money; Cable TV, sewer, water, 50 amp, robust Wifi and plenty of distance between sites. The park is very well maintained. The road coming in has been newly paved. The gravel roads in the park are smoothed and wide enough to maneuver big rigs without any problems. We came the first week in February and it was 50's during the day and 40's at night. We took a couple of hikes by the river, nice and very scenic. The negatives; even in the cool weather, small black nats bug the heck out of you and right across from the river is a paper mill, if the wind is blowing in the right direction, there is a smell, not bad though. We would definitely come back again. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Feed the rabbits!

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $40.00

A real step up from the rustic state parks I am used to. Gorgeous park very convenient to I-95. All sites FHU with cable. Road gravel (in good condition). Sites sand with cement pads for table and fire ring. Good vegetation between most sites affords a measure of privacy. Many pull through sites, and most are very long. Back-in sites 1-12 have nice view of small lake out front. Monthly sites available, grouped together in center of campground. Laundry room and Propane sold near office. Verizon signal good. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Nice little swim beach on campground lake. Fishing pier, boat ramp (on South Brunswick River), and nice day use areas, including playground.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $35.00

Planned to stay 3 nights but Hurricane Michael hurried us on our way after two nights. We really liked the park, very private sites, shaded and beautiful. Would like to return in cooler weather when mosquitos would not be such a problem. Reasonable access to Brunswick and its wonderful historic area, as well as Jekyll and St Simons Islands. Could use better signage but with GPS had no trouble locating park. People in park office were very nice, but I can see how arriving at a busy time could be problematic as there is very little room for waiting RVs. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Drive through
Picnic Table, Patio

Don't miss Brunswick's historic area or the driftwood beach at Jekyll. Best shrimp and grits EVER at Driftwood Bistro on Jekyll Island. High bridge into Brunswick provides a wonderful entry.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

We enjoyed our stay here a great deal. There is both fresh and saltwater fishing. Nice shady pull through spot with a small concrete pad. Little sandy, but it's camping. There are free range domestic rabbits everywhere, which are fun to watch. We will be back! We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

The Lighthouse on Saint Simmons is nearby and worth the trip. Nice little downtown area there. We enjoyed fishing off at the pier at the park.

Featured Campgrounds Near Blythe Island Regional Park Campground

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

The site was very clean and very large. This was a full hook up site. The fire pit was placed a nice distance from the RV parking area. We were able to get Verizon and a few over the air channels. The sites are quite shady and there is a good amount of vegetation between sites which gives adequate privacy. There is cable hookup. It is a good place to stay to visit St. Simon's Island and Jekyll. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

A few miles from I-95. We were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful park-like setting. After driving over several good sized speed bumps, the dirt roads were as smooth as pavement. Drivers of large motorhomes need to pay attention to the well trimmed trees, a couple of which were set only a foot off the pavement - no problem, but pay attention. The tall canopy of trees gives this lovely park a rare "camping" feel. These well-spaced RV sites are full hook up with 50 and 30 amp and all are wide and flat with cement pads for the picnic tables. The perimeter pull thru sites are the longest I have ever seen! The park map denotes an area for monthly rentals, but this campground is so well maintained, that they were indistinguishable from the others. That is a rarity. There is a small lake on the property with a swim area, and a lovely foot bridge for a nature walk. It was muddy when we went so we didn't make it too far without the proper shoes. I would have loved to drag the kayaks down for a paddle, but we were just too tired. The park also boasts a boat ramp and fishing pier onto the South Brunswick River. Well constructed shelters cover picnic tables and are available for rent. We plan to return this fall for a longer stay when we travel south to explore the wooded bike and hiking paths, and perhaps kayak. Jekyll and St. Simons Islands are a short distance away. Site #80 has a tree that could interfere with a slide. I would not care for sites 41 or 42 just because of the way they are situated. Our site #79 was perfect. This place is so lovely we are considering bringing a group from our RV club to see the sights of the Golden Isles area. We were there on a Thursday night, and the campground was very quiet. No trains, traffic or planes. Cable available but my husband had trouble with snowy signal (may have been operator-error) no over-the-air reception. Verizon signal excellent. Didn't try wireless internet. Propane fill available. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand

Covered Forested

Friendly neighbor told us about the incredible food a B & J Seafood Restaurant in Darien, GA. Portions are huge.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $50.00

This is our second stay at this park which has very large sites with easy maneuverbility even for large rigs. All sites have a cement pad, large picnic table and fire ring. If you buy firewood @ the office, they deliver to your site. The campground/Park is in close proximity of Jekyll Island and St Simons. Great place to hike and bike. Only downside was poor connectivity to their WiFi. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Dirt

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

We adored this park! It was gorgeous. Lots of shade with beautiful Spanish moss. Cool, old school throwback playground. Tons of bike trails. My favorite part of all was the bunny rabbit population. Apparently the park is a sanctuary for pet bunnies that have to re-homed. There were literally hundreds of adorable bunnies that would eat out of your hand. We were headed to Disney and only got to stay one night but even with a Disney trip looming in our future, we all wished we could've stayed another night! We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Picnic Table, Patio

Bring food for the bunnies!!! Be sure to walk/bike the trail by the water. Very scenic!

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $39.00

This was my second stay here. The facility is in GREAT condition, showers are big and clean, great hiking trails, well groomed. The staff warned me that the WiFi could be ify, but I learned that the WiFi antennas are mounted on the restroom/shower buildings, so this time I picked a site close to one and the signal was great. I was running late and called to notify them that I would be arriving like 2345, they gave me the gate code, and taped a map with my name on it on the ck - in office door, really helped out in the dark. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $31.00

The park and campground are beautiful. Very shaded but we were able to sneak in between limbs to pickup Directv satellites (the park has pretty good cable but we have the NFL package on Directv so we needed the satellite so my husband could watch his games). The WiFi was not that great but I can't complain at the rate we paid. Our AT&T phone service worked fine. There are a TON of rabbits at the campground. While riding our bikes we saw pens with babies in them so I'm not sure if they breed them or just offer a safe haven for them. They are not very timid. While sitting by the campfire, one came within 5 feet of us. The raccoons aren't very timid either so you probably need to watch your trash (we had one raccoon come up the stairs to our camper and look in the door - LOL). We didn't leave any food outside so they weren't a problem. My only complaint would be the no alcohol rule. Even the state parks allow alcohol on your site but this one does not allow it at all. I would have appreciated them posting this on the website so we were aware of the rule before venturing down there. I enjoy having a glass of wine while sitting by the campfire and I'm way too old to be sneaking around! We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

Just an overnight stay, but found the campsites to be spacious and clean. Friendly staff. We purchased firewood (choice of pine or oak) and it was delivered to the site. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $30.00

This is a surprisingly nice campground in a county park. Friendly, helpful staff, level sites, and heavily wooded with well-maintained trees and roadways. Cable was OK, wifi was marginal, but they promise repairs soon for wifi issues caused by last year's hurricane. We would definitely stay here again when in the area. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Covered Forested

Good for fishing and boating. Shopping is about 15 minutes away. Good location to explore Georgia sea islands.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Our site was facing the small campground lake and was surrounded with palmettos. The check in staff was probably the most friendliest we've met on this trip. This campground almost has a tropical feel to it. The wifi at the sites is a little weak so we sat at the check in office which has a covered porch and plenty of seating. This has to be one of our top 3 places so far. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Be sure to spend the day at the beach on Jekyll Island and cap off the day with dinner at Tortuga Jacks.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

Beautiful rustic campground with the longest pull through sites I have ever seen. The sites were nicely spaced and very private and quiet. Nice hiking trails. Would have liked to canoe, but the weather didn't cooperative. The signage within the campground could have been a little more clear, and the foliage needs some trimming, but overall it was a great stop. Definitely would recommend it if you like the rustic camping type feel. Convenient location for side trips to the islands. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Dirt

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $40.00

Choice of pull-through or back-in; all sites are level and nicely graveled. There was a lake for fishing and bike trails. The campground was very quiet. Stable power and good water quality and pressure. Handicap sites area available. We camped at Blythe Island Regional Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Patio

We found that we detected the smell from the nearby paper mill in the mornings on the wind, but did not find it too objectionable. This area of Georgia was plagued (every campground) with swarms of gnats, but fortunately, one of the staff recommended White Citrus spray from Bath and Body Works as a good repellent for them.

Featured Campgrounds Near Blythe Island Regional Park Campground

Are you affiliated with Blythe Island Regional Park Campground ?