5.4 Average

Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands

Buford, Georgia

7000 Lanier Islands Pkwy
Buford, Georgia 30518

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Electric (30 AMP) Electric (30 AMP) yes
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $94.00

Very Nice Park. You pay for convenience around the park. The RV campground is nice, but not sure its worth $90/night (yet). New Paved sites with picnic tables, full hook-up, fire rings & nicely manicured. We came here for the 4th of July Holiday. It was packed, but expected for this holiday weekend. Park is still very new. Refurbished from an older Lanier campground the COEs used to maintain. Definitely a lot nicer than what it used to be. They still have a few phases they're building out. It would have been nice to have a park pool for folks that didn't want to go to the water park. The campground is convenient for boaters, with a ramp local to the campground to get in & out of the water. You can rent golf carts within the park., Highly suggested to get around Lanier & the RV office/camping store is a ways from the park. Wi-Fi was horrible & we have Sprint cell service, which had very limited service in the campground area. Nice if you want to unplug, but I had to work one day & had to go to a local Starbucks. We also enjoy streaming movies at night on our data plan and that was not doable. We had to call 911 for a by stander that passed out in the heat & although my cell service was minimal, the Hall County police & EMT was still able to get out pretty quickly. We would definitely stay here again. If you want to get in for a busy weekend or holiday, definitely reserve well in advance. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $53.00

We love this campground. This is our 2nd time staying here for a week. We like spots 9, 10, and 12 because these sites have a great back area for cooking and hanging with friends. Get a golf cart. We love the water park too. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

The park was very run down. Sites were in need of work. Park is very old. We had camped here approximately 20 years back with the kids. Went back to see about planning a holiday stay. They have spent a lot of money on the water park but none on the campground. Very disappointed. One night stay and left. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass

Covered Forested

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

A few years ago, before the current management team took over this campground, I considered this campground to be my favorite in NE Georgia. I have a new travel trailer now and drove to Blue Ridge Campground (Lake Lanier Islands) with a friend to scope the campground out again with the anticipation of camping there this week. WELL! I was shocked at the condition of the campground! There were large pot holes in the roads, large enough that I had to steer around them. I saw campsites that were so overgrown with vegetation you would no longer be able to back your travel trailer into them. I found one site I initially considered staying at, however the grill was broken and unusable and it looked as though the site had a sewer connection, but the pipe was full of a "liquid". There was one, lone, older travel trailer parked in one of the sites and it looked like it was abandoned as well. I drove back to the guard house and asked the lady when the campground would be open. To my surprise, she said "Its open now!" I asked her if they were planning on making repairs and she said "Not as far as I know". Honestly, the place looks abandoned. And for $42 a night, there are other, much better maintained campgrounds in the area, at less money! We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Travel Trailer.

A1
Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass
Other

Spacious, Nearby
Covered Forested
Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $47.00

When you come through the gates it is mesmerizing. Absolutely beautiful resort. Arriving at the campground I was totally surprised that it was part of the same resort. Roads were terrible at best. Campsites were clean and utilities worked except for the sewer hookup. Most of the sewer hookups are not usable. Beautiful views of the lake. Restrooms and showers worked but could use upgrades. Shower stalls had broken tiles and no lighting in the showers. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested
Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Resort facilities were excellent. I rented a boat. Lake is awesome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $40.00

Stayed there for 10 days. The rest rooms were filthy and were not touched while we were there. Low hanging branches make it difficult for driving to your spot. Lots of tree scratches on my motorhome. The garbage bins never seem to get emptied. Trash on the ground around the dumpsters.They did not care much about my complaints. Too bad. The location is nice but they need to get their act together in terms of running the place. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $47.00

The actual physical area of this campground is gorgeous -Lake Lanier is beautiful, and strolling around is lovely. There are a lot of deer and birds. However, our 36' motorhome had a hard time making it to site 78, on the narrow little road. Once there, there is no sewer in the park at all, and the paved pad was--while supposedly long enough for our rig--nowhere level enough to get to level. Once we managed "close enough," our steps were 10" off the ground -and yes, the wife fell down them during our stay once, despite being careful. We were here camping with a group, so didn't have much choice. The bathrooms were lovely, but really far away from the loop we were camping in, so necessitated a drive in the car. They could do a lot with this place, and we were told there were plans for a rehab to happen over the winter. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $44.00

It disheartening that not much has changed at this campground since the last posting on this website almost a year ago. I had driven through this campground previously on trips to the water park and promised my self that I will never camp here. Unfortunately I had to change my decision because I planned to use the site to take my children to the water park and also witness the July 4th fireworks display at the beach area. So I thought I knew what to expect. Like the last two posts mentioned, the sites are not level at all. In fact, my RV experienced leakage because we couldn't secure a perfect level even though we went to town to obtain more planks to level the RV. The roads are not only narrow but really need major repairs because pots holes abound. It could be argued that the restrooms are not clean because they need urgent make over. Several of the camp sites don't make sense why they should be located where they are. If consideration was given, there should have been fewer sites to make room for roads or nature. My concern for this campground stems from the fact that the resort boasts a huge potential with so many fun activities around the campground. This site should be updated to attract more campers, especially those with children. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $43.00

This campground is awful and is in need of maintenance. They charge you an additional $10 resort fee to get in the gate, but I didn't feel like I was in a resort. The pads are gravel and are not level. The cross ties that were used to retain the gravel on the pads are wasting away and a lot of them are just missing. The site has no level area for the picnic table and most of them were still covered with trash from previous campers. We had beer bottles, ice bags, food cans and other misc items scattered around our site and in our fire pit, which is just a circle of rocks. The grill had not been cleaned. The ashes were piled up inside the grill and all around the base. The grill on the site next to us was lying on the ground. The whole post had fallen over. The beach area on our site and along the the other sites beside us was littered with beer bottles and more trash. The bath houses are over run by spiders and insects. The windows were completely covered by webs and dead insects. The walls in the showers were molding and the corners were covered in spider webs. The dump station is a tight squeeze for longer vehicles. The trees are growing up at the edge of the driveway and make it very difficult to get in to. There was trash all over the ground. It was not new trash. My overall experience in this campground was poor. The only bright spot is that the lake views are great and the premium sites are right on the water. The $43 a night fee plus the $10 gate fee makes this a $100 campsite for a weekend. We stay at other campgrounds on Lake Lanier for $60 a weekend that put this place to shame. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $42.00

My husband and I were quite disappointed with this campground. From the time he pulled into the camp area until the moment after he pulled away from the dump site on our way home he was not happy. The roads were a little tight for our 37ft camper, which was not that big of a deal, but the site was terribly unlevel. Even after doing the best he could, we still were leaning towards the front of the site and the lake. There were many tree roots exposed in the "pad" area along with ruts. The wood retaining wall that separated the pad from the hill to the lake was mostly deteriorated, with exposed rebar poking up. In fact, my 3 year old daughter was playing on the pad area, tripped and fell down, face first, inches from a piece of rebar that could have seriously injured her had she landed on it. We could never quite find a level place for the picnic table; drinks, food, etc. were always sliding off. As other reviewers have mentioned, the site was full of trash when we got there. Beer bottles, cigarette butts, even a tampon applicator. Then there was the bathhouse. Although we have a bathroom on board, with 4 kids and 2 adults we use the bath house as to not fill our grey water tank... The ladies room was so dirty my daughter walked in and then right back out. My husband reported that the men's room was full of mold, mildew growing on the walls, spiders, and racial slurs and other inappropriate content etched into the stalls. He also mentioned that only 2 out of 4 lights were functioning as well. After climbing the "steps" to the bath house, of which several were missing and others were in need of repair, all of my family members who had gone wished that they had not. The dump station was atrocious as well. It looked like it had not been cleaned all season. There was old trash (sun faded) scattered all about. Just very unkept, overall. We had high hopes for this experience, especially since this would have been a fun location for the kids during the waterpark season, but we will not return. The fees are $10/night more than other better maintained facilities plus there is the resort fee. This was just not worth the money. Had it been clean, and well kept I would have been OK with the price. Bottom line, this facility needs some serious TLC It was an absolute shame the condition this place was in. I will say though, that the office staff when booking was most helpful and very personable. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $36.00

Great place to get "back to nature!" We saw countless deer and enjoyed the quietness of the campground. Sites were spread apart, so not to be on top of your neighbor. Only some loops have a restroom facility ... be sure you know if your loop does! Would stay again! Camped on 82 and was happy, but would select another site next time. We picked out a few for future trips! We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $40.00

This campground is located inside the Lake Lanier Islands resort area. It is an old rustic campground. The sites are not level and are mostly dirt and gravel. The sites are not very well maintained and most lake views are down a steep incline to get to the lake. The roads are very narrow within the campground and not maintained so there are many potholes and pavement breaks. The sites are very narrow and you may have difficulty with awnings and slides. However, with all the negatives we will be back. The campground host was very nice and met us within a few minutes of us pulling into our site. He was very helpful and was there to answer any of our questions. The full hookup site we were on was very private and we did not have to worry about traffic, boaters, or rude campers. We had a great time visiting the waterpark and hotel. A tip for the waterpark is that you only need to pay for a wristband if you are using the slides. All other areas of the waterpark like big beach and sunset cove is free. You can get in for free to go to the restaurants on the property. The restuarants at the waterpark are very well priced. The ones at the hotel are overpriced. The pool and pool deck at the hotel needed a good cleaning also. All in all we enjoyed our time at Lake Lanier Islands and will be back as long as we can reserve the few sites we liked! If you are a big rig or have multiple slides I would recommend the Shoal Creek campground that is also associated with Lake Lanier Islands. You can not get to it from the main gate but would be worth the extra drive if you need better larger sites. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $42.00

If you're not a party animal or boater, this is not the place to camp. The campground is very run down; beer bottles lying around camping area, picnic tables with trash left on top, boaters coming to beach area and leaving their trash, and not one ranger or security person ever came by site to our knowledge. We actually decided to leave after 1 night stay even though we paid for 3 nights. We left and camped the other 2 nights at another place. We would never recommend Lake Lanier Island Resort Campground to anyone! We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $40.00

Wow, gone down hill. great views of the lake, but not the most friendly staff in the world. I would say overwhelmed by the tasks or just didn't care. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2009 - $36.00

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family. Very nice wooded setting. We've heard horror stories about boat noise and low water levels, but maybe those were old issues because neither was a problem for us. We stayed at site 153, which was tucked back in a quiet corner. It's technically "lakefront", although the lake was a bit of a walk down a hill. The site itself had a bit of an odd layout, and it was tricky getting the trailer into the spot my wife wanted it in while dodging a large, above-ground sewer manhole. By the time we were in, we didn't have enough sewer hose to reach, given the layout, so we waited to dump until we left. Also, some previous visitor had stripped the threads on the water tap, so I had to use a manual transfer container to keep our water filled. Maintenance doesn't seem to be a massively high priority here. Technical issues aside, we very much enjoyed the setting. There was little light pollution, so we always had bright starry skies at night, and it was very quiet compared to other places we've stayed! The sites are far enough apart from one another, and there are few enough of them, that you don't get the "motorhome motel" feeling you get at some RV parks. A cold snap came through so we left early and headed south. The campground's policy is not to refund pre-paid days, but to "bank" them for 6 months - not that unusual. We'll be back later this year to use them, if we can. I'm rating this an 8/10. It's a great "outdoors" spot, especially if you like lakes and plan to get a lakefront site to fish from, or you bring a boat. It's a little on the rougher side if you're looking for more activities-driven camping, or you care a lot about having every hookup imaginable. For the price, we were very happy with the park - we've paid more for less. We camped at Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands

Are you affiliated with Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Islands ?