Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA

Cartersville, Georgia 30121

Longitude: -84.81960

• Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $36.00

You have to remember that this is a KOA "Journey" so won't have all the bells and whistles as a Holiday or other type KOA. There are really three areas of camping. Up front is about three rows of angled pull thru sites that appear to be for most transients. We got to our site which was at the end of the row and asked if we could be moved and they were nice enough to accommodate (gave us more space and shade). The middle of the campground is up on a hill and has a mix of more seasonal folks and also mix of services available (some do not have sewer). The back appears to be filled with longer stay campers from what I could tell. It has two fenced dog areas up front plus a HUGE field between the campground and the road. Some might be troubled by the amount of truck traffic but we barely noticed and were right on the front row. Cable and Wifi very good (although WiFi did go out for a couple of days thanks to AT&T and a strike that delayed repairs, not the campground's fault) but they were very apologetic and kept us updated. We have to visit Atlanta a lot for Dr appts and to see friends (we are now FT) and after trying a few other campgrounds, feel this may be the best of the lot. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $32.00

Very friendly staff, even offering free peaches and sausage that she was preparing to freeze. Then she gave me directions to get back to I20 West without getting on bad roads. The only negative was that this site was on a hill, so the site was unlevel. We had to use our ramps and blocks to level. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Motorhome.

C4

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $42.00

What can we say, it is a KOA. We are not real fans of KOA but it said there was a pool opened after Memorial Day Weekend, so we booked and we payed 41.20 for a night, no discounts at all. Convenient just off the Interstate, otherwise we would have gone elsewhere. Check in at a hot temp of 95 F was friendly, but later on we found out that the pool was closed, we called and there was a guy who told us that we should have read the sign on the desk when checking in. Ehhh well: when you are driving all day doesn't make you read everything in front of you and it was after Memorial Day and it was HOT! We asked why and he said if you don't like it go elsewhere. Well wrong answer: in our opinion the customer is always right (even sometimes not), it was really rude, so no discounts for no pool and as we where told the pool was officially not included anyways. So that is it for this KOA: sites are close together, dust, some shade. We will skip this one next time. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Nearby, Very Close
Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $39.00

Sites will not be level, but all sites at this time are pull thru. As with most KOAs you can find your reservation in the box when you arrive, with all the info you need to find your site, plus internet access code. If you don't have a reservation get out and walk around until you find a site that DOES NOT have a orange cone blocking the site--that is your site, claim it and follow directions for registering. Not all sites have sewer, check if it's important to you. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Travel Trailer.

B8

Featured Campgrounds Near Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $39.00

It's a basic KOA...nothing special, but more than adequate. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $37.00

Great park, close to I-75. Very nice lots. We were lucky and got a shady spot. You will find diesel a lot cheaper in Cartersville then at the exit on I-75. Great people running the campground. Would and will be staying there again. We are from SE GA., and it's a great stop as we travel to Nashville, Tn several times a year. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

B-7

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $37.00

This is considered a KOA Journey and seems to be a very popular overnight location. When we arrived, the office was closed and staff did not return until 3:30 (they were at a meeting off site). However, the staff left information packets for those who had reservations. There appears to be long term campers in the rear section of the campground and the front section was devoted to overnight campers. Site was not level front to back but not drastically so. The utilities were located at the rear of the site and worked as they should including a cable TV hook up. Verizon cell service was good and we did not use the campground provided WiFi that is free for 2 days. Trash is picked up at the sites every morning by 10:00 am and there is a dumpster available. It appeared RVs were escorted to their site when the staff was there. Nice looking pool. The bathhouse in the office area was shut down because of a water line break but that did not affect the water to the campsites and repairs were under way. All in all it was a good place to stop for the night and we would return if in the area. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Truck Camper.

Gravel, Dirt
Long enough for my truck camper and a trailer too

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $42.00

This was an overnight stop for us on the way to Florida. The park is located conveniently off I-75 and yet far enough so that traffic noise is not a problem. Although we arrived mid-afternoon, the office was not open and directions posted on the door said to choose any open site without an orange cone on it. We were fortunate to find one of the few pull thru sites left. The price was fixed regardless of site and no discounts offered. Access roads and site pads are all gravel, reasonably level and long enough for our rig. Park roads were easy to navigate and access site spaces. Water pressure was good, as was AC power. Dump ports were conveniently located although we didn't use. We received a number of OTA TV channels quite clearly. We didn't use the wifi and our hotspot received a decent signal. My wife used the woman's facilities and said they were clean and well kept. This was a quick overnight and we were on the road before daybreak. We would stay here again. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $35.00

This was only an overnight stay because they didn't have anything available for our big rig length in FHU. The site was unlevel side to side but fortunately the person guiding us in warned us to stay in the correct position. However, to get level, the water and electric was very far at the back of the site and a distance from our connections. Overall, nice campground with a new, front section that is more open. In the back, where we were, is shaded by mature trees. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Motorhome.

C-1

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

VERY IMPORTANT CAMPGROUND STATUS: As of 3:30am on October 15, 2018. There is MAJOR construction on the property right next to this KOA, less than 50 feet from the property boundary, and less than 200 feet from our specific campsite. We arrived on the weekend and I observed the sprawling construction site while we were pulling in to the campground. We were booked here for a four night stay. I made a note to myself that I was going to see when and to what level of intrusion the construction would begin and if it was hopefully only going to during the weekday daylight hours. I was sorely mistaken. It's currently late Sunday night/very early Monday morning, as of my writing this review. Cement trucks and other large machinery are rumbling and making excessively loud noise throughout the middle of the night, since about midnight I believe. I was awakened shortly after midnight to the banging, rumbling, crashing noises of metal beams or pallets being offloaded, ringing bells of trucks backing up and all sorts of other various consistently, jarringly loud noises related to a massive construction site. There is a major complex/warehouse of some sort being built directly next to this campground, and they are only at the beginning phase of laying concrete for the foundation. Why they are working on this in the middle of the night mystifies me. Of course, the campground has no control over this, and there is nothing they can do. However, I want to let all future campers know that this is a factor before they arrive or book here and that I cannot sleep through this noise, even with silicone earplugs in my ears. I'm booked here for another two nights but I'm going to see about leaving early, today hopefully, and moving on to our next location because I have a feeling that the construction schedule will remain the same for evening work. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A4

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $39.00

The staff was very friendly and helpful. A lot of grassy areas to walk your dog. Not too far from Atlanta and nearby attractions. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A9

The Locomotive Museum in Kennesaw was nearby and worth the visit. Relatively inexpensive charge to get in. Worth the visit. Downtown Cartersville has all you need. If looking for groceries, go to the Kroger. Very large and the nicest Kroger I ever visited.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

Granted it was a one night stop-over on Labor Day weekend, but we were so disappointed by our site. Literally a gravel parking lot in the front of the park. No fire ring...we learned later that you have to request one and they bring it to you. Office was closed by the time we learned that. So much dust and no patio. I understand "bare bones" but we typically enjoy KOA's. We have Labradoodles so looked forward to the "2 dog parks". These were two very small fenced areas where we could not even throw a ball. Sorry, I will not return. We will go closer to Chattanooga...just did not like this place at all. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Motorhome.

Section A
Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $36.00

Was very impressed by the convenience offered by a "KOA Journey." Wish there were more like this. Right off I-75 and easy to pull in to hook up. Right off 75 yet it felt quiet. Very clean and neat. Large, fenced and grassy dog park plus other dog walk areas. About 45 miles north of Marietta. Far away enough for a quiet, restful stop just outside Atlanta area. Restrooms and showers had colorful walls (red) and spotless. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Motorhome.

B 8
Asphalt, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $39.00

This is a KOA "Journey" campground. There are no planned activities. There was one basketball hoop on an ~10 x 10 slab of concrete, a pool, and a small children's playground set. There were two fenced in dog run areas. There was no play equipment for the dogs, but it was a safe place to run without a leash. There is no trash pickup, but there is a dumpster near the office. The sites were very level, and the other campers were quiet. Our site was located near a fairly busy highway, so there were a lot of highway sounds. There was construction going on next door to the campground so we heard constant beeping sounds of the sort that you hear when heavy equipment is backing up. The beeping sounds went on well into the evening and started before 7:00 in the morning. This was not the campground's fault but it was still bothersome. Sites that are located toward the back of the campground would be much quieter. The office was marked as closed from 11:00-2:00, but it appeared closed at around 10:30 when I walked by to dump our trash and was closed at 10:55 when we wanted to stop to buy a quick ice cream on our way out. The office delivered firewood for us after we arrived (around 5:30 in the evening), and they were nice when we checked in. There was a lovely, loud chorus of what we think were Katydids in the evening that I found charming. They weren't so loud that we could hear them over the air conditioner after we went in for the night. Watch out for ticks; my daughter found one on her shoulder. This campground is OK as a pass through for the night, and I'm sure it would have been better if our site weren't near the highway. I've attached a photo that shows just how close we were - taken looking across our picnic table and over one of the dog runs. The strip approximately 1/3 of the way down from the top is the highway. We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Travel Trailer.

A5

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

Just keep driving! The management and staff are sooo rude and hateful! If we had read reviews on any of the review sites, we would have never stayed here! We have never had an experience this in all our years of camping. The campsites are terrible also. Extremely unlevel, muddy, grass unkept and small. The picnic tables can't even be used due to sitting on a slope! We will NEVER be back here! We camped at Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA in a Travel Trailer.

C5

Featured Campgrounds Near Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA

Are you affiliated with Cartersville / Cassville-White KOA ?