6 Average

Unadilla, Georgia

2960 Arena Rd
Unadilla, Georgia 31091

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Southern Trails Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $26.00

Not at all impressed with this park. Made last minute reservation. Very dusty and noisy. It sounds like traffic on I-75 is going to go through the lot. Would not stay here again. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

TRR

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $25.00

The road noise is horrible. Trucks running up and down I-75 all night. Not sure why everybody thinks so highly of the campground but I for one will not be back. The gnats were horrible as there is a horse pasture in back of the campground. There is very little to no shade. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $1.00

I Love this park. It is in a Pecan Grove and very quiet. We stay here on our way to and from FL just about every year. It is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy. Not much in the area but there are some stores and nice restaurants within 10-15 miles. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Grass

Unadilla is not that far from Plains, Ga. Home of Jimmy Carter. Lots of history in the area. We generally stay 2 or 3 nights just to unwind !!!! Perry, Ga is not that far away and they have some good places to eat!!

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $24.00

I agree with many of the previous reviews. Older park. Facilities are very dated, but clean. Good sized spaces that are grass. Roads are gravel. The power pedestals are very dated. They are wired correctly, but have seen better days. We stayed on the side with only water and electric as we were only there 2 days. Had that whole section mostly to ourselves. We drove 30 miles to Andersonville. That's the site of the National POW Museum and Civil War Confederate POW camp. It's also a national cemetery with many Civil War graves and monuments. The road noise was pretty bad especially when in conjunction with 2-3 trains per night. We will not stay at this campground again. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Grass

If you need work on your truck, call Borums NAPA. Gas station, auto service, and auto parts store. I had them do an oil change and rotate/balance tires. Unique auto parts store as it also had typical hardware store items as well as plumbing supplies. You can also get ammo there.

Featured Campgrounds Near Southern Trails Resort

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $12.00

The ONLY reason I gave this RV park a 3 star was due to the highway noise. Even with two AC fans running all night for extra noise we could still here truckers day and night. There is also a train nearby but we did not hear it at night. The only 50 amp sites are in the front of the park. If you have a unit that has 30 amp and can park in the back the noise may not be an issue. With that being said, everything else was great. The park is beautiful with nice trees. We stayed in site 93 and had ample room between our neighbors. The cable tv (which was included in our price) was amazing!!! 100 channels with a guide. The staff was friendly and helpful. They do have activities so we enjoyed bingo night. The sites are gravel and dirt. It did rain alot while we were there and our site did get a little muddy but it was not an issue for us. At our site the water and electric were on one side and the septic was on the other so we had to park in the opposite direction and use an extension on our electric and water. Not a problem for us since we had the equipment needed but could be a problem for others. Not every site was laid out this way so you could look around if needed. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Ellis brothers pecans (exit 109) was worth the visit. The museum of aviation in warner robins was a definite must see. It has 4 buildings with life size planes. Really cool!!! We also visited the town of Perry. In the town, visit simply southern sweet bakery (the 14 layer cake was amazing!!) And the oil lamp restaurant was a local favorite that was a pleasant surprise.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $12.00

We stayed 2 days while passing through. Sites were level and pull through. Site 77 had a leaking area which I suspect is the septic. We didn't use the amenities as we were just here resting. Place is indeed right next to I-75 but this is what I expected and found it very convenient to get back on I-75. I suppose in the warm months if someone wanted their windows open they would hear the roar of traffic, but we were here in November and barely heard anything with the windows closed. Staff on check in was friendly. Our site did not have a picnic table or anything else for that matter. Cable was good and power was steady. Another guest across from us was quite rude and inconsiderate driving off the gravel road, through the site next to us and came very close to our rig. I don't know what kind of statement he was trying to make if he was making one. He had two sites to himself (one for his truck, the other for his 5th wheel). We full time travel and find most others are considerate, but there is always the narcissistic few. This place is what it is, a nice place to park your rig, stretch your legs and lay your head. Sure, we will stay here again. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $1.00

This is an older camp and has seen some wear. In June, most of the Snowbirds and camp members have left. What you have now are people using it as an overnight stop. It is a very good location to use as a base for looking at the various tourist spots in south Georgia. We stay here as a break when traveling up I-75. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Grass

Great Amish restaurant near. Be sure and go there for lunch. The office has a lot of information on the sights in the area that you can travel to in one day.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $26.00

This is our second visit to this park. It is easy on and off I75. Grounds are kept well and has pool and activities. Cable at each site worked well with lots of channels. Staff is friendly and very helpful. We stayed overnight on our way to see family and would stay again and recommend to anyone. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Motorhome.

Grass

Several stores, gas, and places to eat nearby.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $2.00

Stayed here under C2C Premier and the $2 cost was for 50 amp. We were in a level pull-thru site with solid gravel. Electric, water & included cable were about 20 feet away. Sewer was much closer. When someone occupies the site on our passenger side we need to share the narrow yard. Our site was looking at I-75 about 500 feet away but the road noise was not an issue for me with my poor hearing. Nice clean park with well maintained gravel roads that were easily navigated with our 40 ft motorhome towing. Satellite TV reception was good and our Verizon Broadband was 4 bars/ 4G. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $1.00

We stopped here as a rest from a 3 month trip. This is a older member RV park that provides a site for $20 to non members. During the summer most social events are placed on hold, even trhough they have a nice facility for social events. They have an outside pool and a catch and release fishing lake. The park is close to I-75 and there is traffic noise. We were here during the evacuation from Irma and the traffic was notible all night. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby, Very Close

There are several historical places within a short drive. Plan on staying at least 3 days to see all the sites. ( Jimmy Carter Museum, Andersonville, Grand Canyon of Georgia are a few)

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $12.00

This is our second visit to a site that based on the recommendations I should not have visited. If anyone owned this property as a private residence with the pool, & lake, & bordering the horse arena with the rolling hills you would rank this as an amazing home. But as a "campground" some people EXPECT to be entertained and that is not what this location is designed for. It was designed to be a great stop off for people traveling down I-75. It is very convenient. Yes there is some noise during the day from the highway, but unless you want to be in the middle of the forest it is reasonable. The sites are level, most sites are pull through & sufficient for big rigs, the staff is helpful, the pool is very nice & clean & very few people actually use it so you feel like it is just for you. There is only one bath house but it is clean & serviced & honestly I never saw another person in there. So while the campground is large the single bath house is appropriate for the usage. There is a lake for fishing that looks nice but we didn't go really close. There is the normal things you find at almost every campground like putt putt golf & horse shoes which are not being used...but it is really a campground that is a quick stop over so you expect that. They have a large clean clubhouse with great internet especially during the day which is when I need it. Remember, people normally pull out in the morning and come in late in the evenings. The only reason I didn't rank excellent on cleanliness is that the grass needed cutting when we arrived, while there it was cut but it was done around cables & chairs & mats so it looked half done. Because the grass was higher I think the bugs were worse. Also the picnic tables were in desperate need to be replaced. One was even dangerous. A quick fix, get rid of them, they add no value. We stayed 10 days & enjoyed meeting some fellow campers as they came & went, swimming in our "private" pool, & relaxing with great internet when needed. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Motorhome.

This location even for non club members is only $20 per night.Some one is in the clubhouse until 10pm. In the 50 amp section, all of the sites alternate on the hookups (like companion sites) so when coming in at night watch for that.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $26.00

We stayed one night. Our site was 500 feet off the highway; heard trailer trucks all night long - very loud. Only one shower for all, far away from our site. Checking in was unpleasant as the person was rude. Would not stay hear again. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Grass

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $10.00

This park is nice and we are a member. The rec room is nicely furnished and they have bingo some nights, plus mini golf and a pool. The park is next to I75 so very noisy at night but if you run your AC you can't hear the semis. Last year we were at the park and the pecans were falling off the trees so took bags of them home. This year the gnats were horrible. I guess it's the time if year you visit. Convenient if you're heading south to go to Florida. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Not much to do here locally but I heard Plains, GA is close by to visit home land of President Jimmy Carter.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $12.00

We stayed here with our RPI membership and paid $12 a night for a fullhookup, 50 amp site. ($10 for 30 amp) 50 amp sites are closest to I75 and the road noise is very noticeable, but we had no problems with sleeping or watching TV. We saw the train tracks, you have to cross them to get to the campground, but we never heard a train in our 5 day stay. Interior roads are gravel as are the site pads. Campground itself is well maintained and grass was in good shape. Staff was efficient and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Motorhome.

We took day trips to the Aviation museum at Warner Robbins AFB - its free and worthwhile. We also visited the National Park sites at Andersonville and the Jimmy Carter homesite. We made a very long day trip - about 80 miles one way in the car - to the Infantry Museum at Fort Benning outside of Columbus, Georgia and were able to also get to the Little White House of FDR in Warm Springs on the same day.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $2.00

Nice clean park right off I-75. Noisy but that is to be expected but easy on/off to the interstate. Gravel roads and nice spacing for sites. Paid $2.00 for 50 amp using Coast to Coast. Nice stop-over campground. We camped at Southern Trails Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Dairy Queen and Subway at same exit. Also grocery store and fuel. Not much else to see or do.

Featured Campgrounds Near Southern Trails Resort

Are you affiliated with Southern Trails Resort ?