6.3 Average

Ashton, Idaho

164 White Pines Road
Ashton, Idaho 83420

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $59.00

Horrible! One star is too many! New management is rude! We had just purchased property and thought we could find a place to stay with our motor home/trailer with car there but nothing open yet. So I called Eagle Peak Inn & RV, Ashton, ID. they had a place for us. Upon arrival there was nobody to be found. The Inn was empty too. Finally after calling again someone met my husband at the desk. Take any spot you want he was told. After checking 4 spots we found one that the hook ups actually worked. We have 2 dogs that were happy to get out. But as I was looking closer at the grass it was covered with purple pellets everywhere! Every single spot had it. Curious as to what it was, I called the front desk to ask. “Oh, it’s poison to kill the moles that had invaded the place!” “Is it safe for dogs?” I asked. NO! He replied! “Where should I take our dogs to use the bathroom?” “On the gravel!” And he hung up! We were very tired & hungry so I let it go. Advertising that they had WIFI & cable we wanted to watch morning news. But it didn’t work. NO WIFI either. So I once again called the front desk to ask what we were doing wrong & how to connect. I was told neither one were available. So I wasn’t very happy by this time. I expressed my feelings of the purple pellets,& now no amenities! He then asked,”Is it time for you to leave then?” Excuse me sir?”He said he would refund our money at the front desk if we left NOW! So we did! But nobody was at the front desk when we arrived there... I called the owner. The manager was on his way! We waited & waited. Finally here comes a big scary looking man w/ messed up hair in his boxer underwear! As he rounded the corner he shouted, “What do you want?” We’ve come via the owner for a refund sir.”I’ll give you $10.00 back! That’s it! I’ll refund your credit card when I get time!”We travel a lot & we’ve NEVER been treated so disrespectfully or ever been spoken to so rudely! No discount for 100% disabled Vet! Never go there again! We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $30.00

I have very mixed feelings about this place. When we checked in, we were told any spot we want except this one, this one, this one, etc cause the electric doesn't work. Then you drive in and additional pedestals are covered with plastic trash bags. We parked in one of the two pull throughs left, and were next to a small (I would say 20') TT. It had a large trailer with a blow up professional raft on it. They had a full size van that was spray painted like it belonged in wood stock and 2 large pick up trucks. They were I think 2 guys. Clean, no noise but crowed site. The grass needed watering and mowing as it was turning into hay. When you pull into the grounds. The spaces on the right look like pull throughs but they are pull ins. If you go to the end and turn left. On the other side of the cabins are the pull throughs. First row is good for TT and Class C and second row, we used are longer. Better for Class A. The father and sons I believe do the check in. Really nice guys. The father gave my husband a big bunch of bananas. The hotel was full and they had continental breakfast and lots of bananas left. We stayed 3 days. There are some stores in the area. They have what looks to be like nice cabins but I don't think they rent them out right now. Full service hookups worked great. We got a $5 discount from $35 to $30 for my husbands Vet card. They only give military discounts. I think the place needs some TLC for charging $35 a night. I would stay again if in the area but only a night or two. We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Motorhome.

no numbers
Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $28.00

This property is the old Ashton Inn and RV Park. The new owner has put a lot of effort in sprucing up the Inn. It appears that he has upgraded the electrical problems of the RV park as well. At this point the park has everything that we need; level site, easy hook-ups, good water pressure, stable electricity. Would recommend this park to any self contained unit. There is grass between each unit, although it could use a cutting while we were here. Rural setting. Convenience store and gas station located close by. Easy in and out. Quiet! We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Take the Mesa Falls Byway. Beautiful and close by.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $28.00

There has been a change of ownership about 8 years ago. It is now called Eagle Park Lodge. The RV park looks to have the electrical boxes updated. We LOVE the park and its location. It is rustic and quiet! We can see cows and the Tetons! The lodge looks nice too although we didn't see the rooms. There is a gas station and convenience store close by. The co-owner let us pick our site. All hookups worked well. Leveling was easy. No wi-fi but ATT works well so we used a hot spot. There are no showers or bathrooms in the park from what I know. Perhaps they are available in the lodge. We are self-contained so I didn't look. We will definitely come back to this location. We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Drive the Mesa Fall scenic byway that is close by. You will have a chance to get very close to the falls via a walkway. Great view!

Featured Campgrounds Near Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $35.00

The park is great. Loved the people and the trout pond. We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $35.00

We stayed for a month at $350. The woman at the hotel desk (same management) wanted to charge us a higher rate but she checked with someone (not sure it was the manager) who said if that was what we were quoted then that is what we should be charged. The manager is a ghost. Poor maintenance in the park is true as previously noted. We were told that we could have mail delivered at the Park but learned that the manager never checks his PO box at the post office. Even the post office was aware of this. We used general delivery instead which worked perfectly. We endured a water outage of several hours and had to get the Park's router reset in order to use their internet service. We chose the location because of its proximity to Rexburg for shopping and other conveniences (about 30 miles) and to Yellowstone (55 miles). There is a very nice small grocery and several restaurants in Ashton. We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $35.00

First the positives about the park. Most sites are fairly level. Now the negatives. On the phone I was quoted $199.00 for the week. At check-in the woman at the counter who claimed she was new and not sure of the weekly rate charged me $245.00. After checking my notes I contacted the manager who told me "no problem" and he would take care of the charge to my card. This didn't happen so a couple days later I asked him again. He said he would take care of it. It is now late in the following week. We left the area and it has not been done. Looks like I'm out the additional charges. After check-in, we were told to take a campground map and pick a spot. The whole campground had an unkempt appearance. A bleak weed lot would be accurate. One camper who spoke to me early on said "the mower near his site had been sitting for a week". The pull-throughs have the services on the left side but any of the back-ins have it on the right. The first site I checked out had a dead rat in it. We did have a choice of some pull-throughs so selected one, dropped the legs on the 5th wheel and started to hook up. The water valve was broken and shot water everywhere. Checked the next site and it also had a broken valve. Finally found a site with all services working and moved to that space. There's a sign at the front of the park "Trout Pond Coming Soon" but the pond is actually a rain water retention pond with weeds all around it. The manager is seldom at the park. He appeared for a short time in the mornings and appears to be generally uninterested in the park itself. He did answer my cell call on the rate problem. We picked this campground because on a map it seems central to both Yellowstone and the Tetons. I discovered there is a road that goes to the middle of the parks but it is a dirt road and I was told very slow driving. Being closer to the west entrance to Yellowstone would have been better. If you were stuck for a place to spend the night this park could work out but that's about it. We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $35.00

POSITIVES: Convenient to highway; had all necessities (cable TV, 50 amp, good water pressure, WiFi) and fairly level. NEGATIVES: WEED CITY. The first day we were here, I spent picking the weeds out of our site's gravel, just so it looked better. Although we were in a motorhome, we chose a back-in spot in the very back of the park for more privacy and a little bit of grass for the dog. If possible, pick the back-in spot at the very rear, far left side. Best spot in the park. Mostly gravel park and this town is dead. There is very, very, very, did I mention VERY little to do in this town. We also thought we were closer to the Tetons and Yellowstone and found the dirt road the prior comment told about. We decided to try that road cause it looked like a shortcut, but 5 miles up it, we ran across a guy who said a grizzly bear had just been in the road. We turned around and went the long way home. This park would be fine for overnight only. Do Not Stay Here as a halfway point to Yellowstone and Tetons. You will regret it. We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $34.00

Park was exactly as advertised. No surprises. Adjacent to motel. Office, pool etc., are located in the motel. Great restaurants in Ashton. About 50 miles from Yellowstone but we were delayed and lost our reservations in West Yellowstone. This was as close as we could get on very short notice. Clean and quiet. No WiFi at RV park but 3g worked well on my iPad and DW's Verizon AirCard worked well. Open sky for satellite. Great State Park nearby. Would stay again and see other sites. Took grandkids to Yellowstone Bear World, a private zoo/rescue park in Rexburg. Very nice. They fed baby bears and saw rare white elk (not albino). Bears, moose, elk etc., were roaming kind of free with a winding road to view them. We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $30.00

Easy in easy out spacious pull throughs. Wi-Fi & cable works. Sites are level gravel pads with grass in between sites. Yellowstone and the Tetons are both about a one hour drive. We decided that we'd rather drive a bit farther and stay in a quiet serene park, rather than stay in the hectic parks in Yellowstone. Another bonus is there is a really nice golf course about 25 miles away in Rexburg. Groceries and other necessities are available in Ashton. No pool = minus 1, no showers minus 1/2, no activities minus 1/2, no paved sites minus 1 = a rating of 7. We camped at Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park

Are you affiliated with Eagle Peak Lodge and RV Park ?