Blackwell Island RV Park

• Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Blackwell Island RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $45.00

It was pre-season for them when we stayed here and the park was pretty empty. They appeared to be getting the park ready for the busy summer season. We stayed here in our 27' Travel Trailer. The site was gravel with grass on both sides and was in first circle to the right as you enter the campground. The sight was fairly level and did not require additional leveling. They have cable TV but it is limited to about 15 channels or so. Wi-Fi was a bit spotty and they don't allow streaming. Our site was a bit short for both our trailer and our tow vehicle. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Coeur d'Alene is a resort town with a very large lake. Lots of activities in the area and this RV park is on the Spokane River right where the water exits the lake.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $47.00

Very good place in April, 1/3 full and scattered sites. Dog owners please note: we were asked to leave the next morning because we had a German Shepard dog, which the fine print said is verboten. Go figure at a 7 PM sign-in with no verbal warning. A (polite) employee the next AM said that too many "fights", one dead dog in consequence. Wow. Otherwise nice place if you like fast boats and crowded sites in Summertime. Lotsa of children spaces as well. Everybody was quite respectful, including children on bikes. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt
Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $69.00

Best thing about this park is it's location, however wi-fi was pretty sad and one feels like you're located in a parking lot next to the freeway. We then left and went to Blanchard (north) and really enjoyed our stay up there. Lots of activities and golf (on site). Great Dog park, too. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Other

Tight Turns

Decent floating restaurant near park.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $42.00

We arrived here late in the season. It is in a great location, particularly for families wanting to take advantage of the lake front site. Upon driving in we were impressed by the lush lawn along the roadway and the extensive fencing. We had called ahead to get a reservation and that turned out to be unnecessary but would expect that it would be essential during high season. Check in was friendly and helpful. Our site was in a circular layout with lots of space in between. Utilities were up to date and WiFi worked. A good stop for several days, or a one nighter when travelling on I-90. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

A short walk away is the Cedar's floating restaurant. We had a great dinner there. No need to disconnect and go downtown.

Featured Campgrounds Near Blackwell Island RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $50.00

Stayed for a week after Labor Day without any problems. From desk check in was very efficient and worked at putting our group of 4 RV together. Wi-Fi at front and back of campground and better early in morning than during day. All in all, a pleasant stay. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Just off US 95 on south side of town but too far to walk. Plently of near-by shopping to stock up.

JDR

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

Nice park located near the lake and the Spokane River. The sites are well spaced and are long. The roads are paved and gravel the sites are gravel with grass between. The staff is helpful and friendly. It is a great place to see the sights in the area. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $41.00

I don't think I've read of so many reviews that differ so widely over one park. It seems the consensus is - great location, but lousy customer service. Now, I will agree - wonderful location right on the Spokane River with a fair amount of protected beach access for the kiddos and the pontoon boats. Not far from the Lake, so if you have a suitable boat, you're all set and can launch from there, or rent one. My husband and I are now over 60 (well, I'm BARELY over 60) and our check in was swift and to the point. The gentleman who helped me was on top of it. However, there was a much younger couple next to me who were being checked in by, I assume, the owner, a woman in my age range. For some reason, she seemed to be lecturing them on something or other. I suspected that their age had everything to do with this disparate treatment than what I received. Let's just say when I walked in and when I walked out, they were still there listening to her. Otherwise, we had a fine time. Now, it was the day after Labor Day and there were vacancies, so that may have as much to do with the general peacefulness we experienced than our age, but who knows? I will also say that for the most part, we follow the rules of the park we're in, but none of the rules were too onerous. Although they did have a "dog contract" on the front of their park pamphlet. Good grief. I'd have laughed out loud at that one. And no, I didn't sign it, nor was I asked to. But then again, when I called to reserve a space, I told them about our dog and we had her out every day, so it wasn't like we lied about her. So - I think the bottom line is if you have gray in your hair you may be given a pass on nit picky stuff - and if you're young or have kids around, you may have a very different, more negative, experience. And, as others have noted, the owners have no big incentive to up their customer service game since they are on a primo property. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

CdA is a water and boating location, but there's still a very cute downtown with lots of eateries and breweries. There's a lovely scenic drive about seven miles out of town (off I-90) which goes around the eastern edge of the Lake. Lovely!

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $52.00

We stayed here on our 38 day Northwest Caravan. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We had a dinner in their rally hall, which was very spacious, well stocked with tables, chairs and cooking equipment. The wifi was not that great at the sites, but if you went to the office or the hall, it was good. Our site was a pull thru and it had ample space for our 32' Class C and towed. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $57.00

Nice park - friendly staff - we were only there overnight - we had no issues navigating with our 43 ft motor home. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $48.00

Too many barking dogs and owners that didn't care. Visitors going to others' sites as guests walked through all the other occupied sites. If you have a visitor, please let them know what the rules are. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

30-38
Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $61.00

Plenty of room to maneuver your coach around and Park is clean. I can see why it is popular. Would definitely stay again in the area. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

Rude experience with a gentleman at the front desk. We will have an issue getting out on Saturday due to tree and tow vehicles parked along roadway. The park is 3/4 empty till Labor Day weekend. Watched a man struggle with our situation and smaller rv so I went up front to see what we could do. Front desk didn't even make an effort - just made me feel like I'm stupid. Ruined my week stressing out about Saturday. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $75.00

We always stay here when in the area. Everything is always the same including the lack luster wifi. Spotty at best. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $61.00

Office staff was pleasant, site was hard pack gravel with some grass in the patio area. PIcnic table. Office folks said, after I made several trys, that their wifi does not work for any Apple products! In hundreds of campgrounds we've never encountered that before! Lots of nearby road noise, some aircraft noise, but no trains yet! No water in view from our site. For us, it this place is just an expensive and noise overnight place to stop. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $60.00

On our way from Bend Oregon to Billings Montana we stayed in Coeur d'Alene at this lovely park on the lake where the Spokane River comes in. It is just over the bridge to town but not really walking distance. From the trailer you can see the water in a large number of spots. Verizon works well and local channels with plenty of sat view. Difficult to get in during the summer but worth the stop and enjoy all they have to offer. You can bring your boat or jet ski right to the park and a huge nice beach. We camped at Blackwell Island RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Hudson's hamburgers, walk in the park and hike around the town. Swim at the beach in the clean water. Great farmers market. Good stop between Columbia river and Billings driving across 90

Featured Campgrounds Near Blackwell Island RV Park

Are you affiliated with Blackwell Island RV Park ?